Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Dragon Age: the Veilguard really that bad?

Featured Replies

I had never played a Dragon Age game before last year, but I saw the buzz around the Veilguard release, and that actually caused me to pick up the series and start playing from Origins. I can see why people enjoyed Origins and DA2, and I appreciate the place that have in gaming history, but I honestly suffered through them because I wanted to play Inquisition and Veilguard with full context. I finally finished Inquisition about a month ago and started looking up reviews and reactions to Veilguard, which seem largely negative.

I definitely see how many systems have been parred down strategy-wise by the time we got to Veilguard, but I'm about a dozen hours in and I've been having a great time.

Are people mostly upset by how different the mechanics are from previous games? I get that the art style changed too (RIP Inquisition Varric) but I've pretty much acclimated after a few hours. What's the rub with this game for people?

(I am uninterested in any complaints having to do with "woke" story elements that have been there throughout the whole series. I'm talking about actual gameplay.)

Edited by tjmeanea

  • CB Team

I haven't played Veilguard yet, but I've definitely noticed how divided the reaction to it has been. It's interesting hearing from someone who went through the older games first and is still enjoying it. I'd be curious to hear what longtime Dragon Age players here think specifically about the gameplay changes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.