Everything posted by FWACATA
-
[Giveaway] John Wick: Official Collector's Poker Set - Valued at $389. We're Thinking We're Back!
I gotta say, the Club scene fight in the first one. In John Wick, the revenge isn’t abstract—it’s personal. John isn’t chasing power or glory; he’s chasing Iosef Tarasov, the idiot who stole his car and killed his dog—the last living piece of his wife. That’s the spark. The gasoline is the Red Circle nightclub fight. That scene isn’t just action; it’s a thesis statement. Clean movement. Brutal efficiency. No wasted motion. Wick doesn’t rage—he executes. It redefined action choreography and turned grief into momentum. The movie asks: What happens when the boogeyman stops mourning and starts working?
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hey folks 👋 I’m Juan, but I operate under FWACATA—indie comics, art, sketchbooks, weird ideas, and stories that punch above their weight. I make comics, draw a lot, teach art, and generally believe chaos + heart = good storytelling. If it’s sequential, scrappy, funny, or a little unhinged, I’m probably into it. Happy to be here, excited to see what everyone’s making, and always down to talk comics, process, or bad ideas that turn out great. Find my stuff on FWACATA.com
-
[Giveaway] COWABUNGA! $250 in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & The Last Ronin Comics
I love TMNT end to end, a fan since the Mirage days, everything and anything since then. As far as favorites? Casey Jones. I love all the turtles, especially Donny, but in the end, I always dug the maniac in a mask, just slugging it out with sports equipment alongside those turtles!
-
Spiderman Vs Batman
Yes, the fight would be incredible—but the story is the real event. This is a clash between the world’s greatest detective and one of the greatest scientific minds alive. Batman and Spider-Man aren’t just physical opposites; they represent two radically different philosophies of heroism. One is fear, control, and preparation. The other is improvisation, empathy, and responsibility. Their first encounter is all friction. Batman sees Spider-Man as reckless—too loud, too visible, too willing to joke while cities burn. Spider-Man sees Batman as cold—borderline cruel—using terror as a tool and treating people like chess pieces. As the story unfolds, the real catharsis isn’t who wins—it’s mutual recognition. Spider-Man is stunned to learn Batman has no powers. Batman realizes Spider-Man is holding back—constantly—and is far smarter than he lets on. Meanwhile, the rogues collide in a terrifying funhouse mirror: Green Goblin vs. Joker — Goblin disturbed by Joker’s lack of motive; Joker delighted by Norman’s need to matter. Rhino vs. Bane — brute force versus disciplined brutality. Doc Ock vs. Penguin — a cerebral chess match over Gotham’s underworld. Sandman vs. Clayface — identity literally slipping through their fingers. Mysterio + Scarecrow — illusions stacked on fear, a psychological nightmare. Peter Parker navigating Bruce Wayne adds another layer: two men wearing masks for opposite reasons—one to protect his heart, the other to bury it. In the end, yes—Batman likely has the contingency plan. But the victory isn’t physical. It’s two legends walking away with respect. Batman vs. Spider-Man isn’t about who wins the fight. It’s about what happens when darkness meets hope—and neither blinks.
-
What do you think of the 4th Avengers: Doomsday trailer?
I'm just staying away from any trailers. As much as I love thinking about what could happen, I feel like, as it goes along, all we have is either people putting really dumb expectations on the movie. I have seen some things because of the internet, but I'd rather go to the movies with a clean slate! That being said... What I have seen is promising to say the least!
-
[GIVEAWAY] Mortal Kombat Prize Pack from McFarlane Toys
I mean... Lightning split the sky as Raiden descended, feet barely touching the stone. Across from him, Reptile hissed, skin rippling between flesh and scales, acid dripping from clawed hands. The air stank of ozone and venom. Reptile struck first—vanishing, reappearing behind the Thunder God in a blur of green. Claws raked across Raiden’s back. Sparks flew. Raiden staggered. For one dangerous second, he forgot. Forgot the endless wars. Forgot the prayers whispered in his name. Forgot that time, storms, and fate bent around him. Reptile lunged again, jaws wide— —and Raiden remembered. The world slowed. Thunder rolled, not from the sky, but from Raiden’s chest. He turned, eyes blazing white, and caught Reptile mid-leap. Lightning wrapped the Zaterran like chains. One thunderclap later, the temple floor was scorched, cracked, and silent. Reptile lay smoking. Raiden stood calm once more, staff grounded, storm fading. Gods can forget. They just don’t forget for long. Winner: Raiden. ⚡
-
[Giveaway] Jim Carrey Riddler & The Demon Prize Pack from McFarlane Toys
Just kicking back with fam here in unseasonably warm El Paso and catching up on my comics book reading: Adam Warrens Empowered, rereading Top Ten by Alan Moore and reading TRUE GRIT the novel whole among comics too!