Everything posted by artistjerrybennett
-
What does the Terminator series need to get on track?
I do love the idea of going the Prey/Badlands route of changing it up. Definitely needs refreshing. I would love to see a terminator having to protect a human who would lead to the robot takeover, most likely a T-800 defending some big tech villain. That's a fun idea, to me at least. :)
-
Do you think Lucasfilm was right to cancel The Acolyte?
I'm sad that a SW project had to get canceled, but happy this was the one to end. It just wasn't great storytelling. It felt wonky throughout. And it definitely didn't need the budget it was given.
-
Do you still want to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4?
I'd be completely up for it, but the original story (I believe it involved the Vulture with Ben Kingsley in mind?) would drastically change. But would love closure to Peter and MJ's relationship.
-
What comic, movie, or show did you enjoy this week?
I haven’t seen either of those animated movies, but now I need to put those on my list.
-
What comic, movie, or show did you enjoy this week?
Oh man, I was pleasantly surprised by the Aliens Vs Avengers miniseries from Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic! It almost felt like fanfic to see some really fun mashing up concepts introduced. Ribic is one of my fave artists, and was surprised they had top tier creators working on this one. Definitely worth a reread.
-
Which Superhero Show Are You Most Excited to See in 2026?
The Boys final season will be epic, I believe. But I’m also stoked for Lanterns! Tom King is a fave writer, so looking forward to his work here!
-
Who do you think should be the next Doctor Who showrunner?
Such a great question. I can never predict who gets casted, but if I had a wish, I would love to see Colin Firth play the Doctor. :)
-
[GIVEAWAY] Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze (Batman & Robin) from McFarlane Toys
I suppose the one I continually rewatch is The Dark Knight. They are all well done in their own unique ways, even Batman and Robin, which kinda drives me crazy, lol. So many Freeze Puns!
-
What Unexpected Marvel Characters Do You Hope to See in MCU's 2026 Projects?
I’m a bit surprised we haven’t seen the Spaceknights, and would love them to play a part.
-
Who Do You Trust to Stop a Universe-Ending Event?
I had similar thoughts about Black Panther. Seems the most resourceful. Also considered Superman. The version Grant Morrison wrote in All Star Superman was resourceful and supremely creative in his intellect.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Spider-Man & Spawn Prize Pack from McFarlane Toys
I want to say Spidey, but have a sad feeling that Spawn would win. Hasn’t Spidey fought Mephisto before? (One More Day wasn’t a fight, so doesn’t count.) I keep thinking Spidey’s Spider Sense would be of great use against Spawn, but would it be enough? They need to make this story.
-
Which B or C List Character Deserves Their Own Series in 2026
I’d live to see a Booster Gold series again. And since there are so many Transformers, I’d love to see a series shining lights on solo adventures of both Autobots and Decepticons. Would love to see a Dinobots solo outing, or a Constructicons short story.
-
Did Santa Bring You Nerdy Treasure?
I received the deluxe hardcover of The Art of Daniel Warren Johnson! Was completely surprised! And it also came with a really cool zine DWJ created called LINE TIME, which covered all the tools he uses to create his comics, and drew images of all them all. Super cool.
-
New Comic Book Day Preview And Discussion Thread (12/24/25)
I’m super behind on Void Rivals, but #25 is out this week, and I will hopefully catch up on it and the other Energon Universe titles. I really need to dig into Absolute Martian Manhunter. I’ve heard such great things, and I was surprised how much I’m enjoying the other Absolute titles. Wonder Woman still stands out on top, though all the trinity titles are great.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Newbie to this forum! I’m Jerry, a full time illustrator who is writing middle grade graphic novels. My agent is currently shopping publishers for two different projects of mine. Fingers crossed!
-
Favorite Nerdy Movie of 2025?
Superman was everything I wanted from a DCU/James Gunn movie, but Thunderbolts was, indeed, a much needed boost in fun and quality from an MCU movie.
-
[GIVEAWAY] DC x Sonic the Hedgehog Gift Boxes (Includes 8 Figures)
Gonna go with Flash, but it would be a fun race.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Now You See Me: Now You Don't Exclusive Movie Night Prize Pack
I have always wanted to learn the coin behind the ear trick. :)