Everything posted by Mansoor
-
Sick of Extraction Shooters
I'm not big on extraction shooters either. I think the only extraction game in general that I like is Helldivers. I tried Marathon a lot this week and during the server slam, and each time I played I just felt like going back to Battlefield.
-
MARVEL Studios Breaks 16-Year Super Bowl Trailer Release
Brand New Day never would've been at the Super Bowl. It's a Sony movie, first and foremost, and Sony never shows trailers during the Super Bowl. I expect a teaser for that within the next month, then a full trailer in mid-April at CinemaCon. Or if they're realllyyyyy bold, they'll just do a bunch of photos and posters before a trailer in April.
-
What Game Would You Like to See Remade?
I'm still waiting on the KOTOR remake. That's pretty much all I want.
-
What do you think the balance of the Force is in Star Wars?
I wish there was a dislike button
-
What do you think the balance of the Force is in Star Wars?
Lol good. But I will say that there are great concepts in The Last Jedi, and it could even be a great Star Wars movie. It's just a bad eighth installment in a nine-installment saga.
-
What do you think the balance of the Force is in Star Wars?
Damn I forgot about that LOL. Still, I believe that a balance of the Force is having no Force users – or, no one harnessing the Force (or midichlorians...) to their benefit.
-
What do you think the balance of the Force is in Star Wars?
I stand by the idea that there is no light side of the Force. I believe the first time it's properly mentioned in canon (in true canon) is in the Disney-era. Before that, it was just the dark side. So, while I do think that the dark side is a perversion of the Force, it's not a perversion of the light side. We keep thinking about it with regards to Force users – but the Force is something that existed long before there were Jedi or proto-Jedi. So who really perverted it first? Obi-Wan talked about the Force as being an energy field that penetrates all living beings and binds the galaxy together. IMO, a balance of the Force is having no Force users.
-
What's your favorite MCU movie in the Multiverse Saga?
Sure, there were a lot of sequels and spinoff shows, but Thunderbolts is the only project that was a natural continuation of the Infinity saga. Some characters return, but mostly focused on new characters – and especially characters who were replacements for other heroes. It also pushed all of their stories forward. It's the best one. And oddly, it's one of the few that has absolute zero ties to the multiverse (unless I'm forgetting something). Go figure...
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
I should've expected this comment from you... and that Simon would also heart/like it
-
What do you think of the 4th Avengers: Doomsday trailer?
Although the X-Men one made me more excited, though even that amounted to little excitement, I actually think this 4th teaser is the best. The others were "Remember him? He has a baby now. And him? He has a daughter? And them from 20 years ago??" This new teaser feels more like the MCU coming together, with actual new-ish characters and stories. The others were nostalgia bait. I guess that makes them good teasers, but also retreads of Endgame.
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
I just saw No Other Choice yesterday. I knew nothing about the story going into the movie and it's definitely one of the weirder films from last year – but that loud music/argument scene was hilarious. Easily one of the funniest movie scenes in a long time.
-
Netflix Is Buying Warner Bros. Discovery (and DC Studios)... Thoughts?
I think a lot of the focus for Netflix must be on IPs, of course, but not the ones we think. Warner has one of the biggest production studios for television in the industry, in line with Sony Pictures TV. Look at the shows they produce and license elsewhere: Abbott Elementary, Ted Lasso, etc. Everyone has either watched, or currently does watch, some kind of WB show on broadcast, cable, HBO Max, Netflix, Apple TV, Peacock, or wherever. Some of the biggest successes on Netflix have been licensed network shows that blew up on streaming, and continue to do so. Now what if Netflix owns that same series? Theatrical is one thing, but this is like buying a treasure chest. And then there's distribution. Netflix, like Apple for F1, doesn't really have a distribution arm. Warner Bros. has been in the business for a century; Netflix just bought access that would've otherwise taken them a decade to build up. There's a lot about DC, Harry Potter, and whatnot, but the golden goose here is everything else. Netflix goes all out on Love is Blind. Now they'll technically own The Bachelor, if I'm not mistaken. And The Voice, and stuff like Fuller House. And THEN there's the thousands of movies, cartoons, and so forth. This is a huge deal for Netflix beyond the big franchises. And for gaming, Netflix can finally have a division that enables them to create tie-ins with their movies and shows, rather than trying to build it up like Amazon failed to do.
-
Thought on Potential DLC and Voice Acting for Pokémon Legends: Z-A
I believe Pokemon needs full voice acting throughout each and every game. This franchise is literally the biggest entertainment franchise in the world, and their games have abysmal budgets. They can afford a couple million more per game to get voice actors in there and maybe punch up the visuals.
-
PS5 console new update with the dual census controllers
I'm not sure if it works with the portal, but you can definitely sync it with your PS5 and PC at the same time. I hope it comes to the PSVR in the future.
-
Remastered Pokemon game collection for 2026.
I think these would have to be full-fledged remakes if we're talking about games from the Game Boys and DS, given the architecture. It's not like they can't do it; Nintendo's done it for Link's Awakening, Mario vs DK, etc. It's definitely possible, but they'd have to be remakes and they'd have to be working on them right now to be available in time for the anniversary.
-
Is Bend Studio able to switch companies like go to Microsoft
Unfortunately, no. Bend can't just go to Microsoft. Sony's owned them ever since 2000 and even if they sold the studio to Microsoft (or let the heads of Bend go private), they may want to retain the rights to the Days Gone IP. It's like when Bungie left Microsoft, they couldn't take Halo with them. And now that Sony owns Bungie, it's not like they can make Halo games.
-
Most Annoying TV Show Cancellation That Ended on a Cliffhanger
The answer is surely Hannibal? Ended almost literally with a cliffhanger.