Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darrus Myles Jr.

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darrus Myles Jr.

  1. My parents took me to see Starship Troopers in theaters when I was three years old. They didn't know just how violent the movie was. I vividly remember the hole in that one marine's head, and the close-up shot the movie made sure to have. They spent most of the time trying to make sure I wasn't looking at the screen. To this day, I still cannot watch that movie comfortably, even though compared to modern violence standards, I've seen much worse since.
  2. I'm a bit on the fence about this. On one hand, no one likes seeing prices go up, especially when the current standard has been in place for a while. On the other hand, there are additional perks being added, so it's not like the increase comes without any benefit. Overall, I think I land somewhere in the middle. I can see both sides of the change. The timing definitely could have been better sorted, though. From a public perception viewpoint, this was a questionable choice by Microsoft.
  3. Super Smash Brothers Mario 64 Kirby 64 Such classics.
  4. Looks fine, but this trailer doesn’t really convince me that it’s a continuation of the main storyline... or even that it’s meant to feel like a movie. It comes across more like an afterthought or filler. Honestly, it’s just… okay. Cool, more Star Wars, I guess. That said, I feel like Star Wars as a whole could really benefit from moving beyond this timeline.
  5. Not much in this Direct really appealed to my tastes this time around, unfortunately. Feels like Nintendo is kinda just regurgitating at this point. Just my view on things. Don't let my perspective sour enjoyment!
  6. Ever since Endgame, for me, Marvel has not been able to capture the lightning with their more recent productions. The original MCU leading up to Endgame was a massive collaboration of movies that took place over an extensive amount of time and built up a significant number of characters to the point of them becoming beloved. Endgame felt like a culmination of everything prior, and everything after has sort of felt 'filler' to me. To answer the original question, though, 'meh'. If Secret Wars doesn't capture a spark in me, I think I'm fine writing off the MCU for the foreseeable future. It has had an insane run, and the storyline already had a strong conclusion that I feel they are just trying to continue because of the brand (which does make sense, by the way). The people writing these modern MCU scripts really need to understand the 'why' people adore the original. That's my take on this.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.