Everything posted by dovahkiin
-
Should Dragon Ball Get a Reboot?
I think it could be rebooted as a series of movies rather than a full show. There are 16 manga volumes, so it seems like each one could be made into a 60 to 75 minute film. I'd also like to see an animated version of Dragon Ball: That Time I Got Reincarnated as Yamcha, I think that would be fun to watch.
-
Predator: Badlands - See it in the theater!
I need to rewatch the older ones still. Just got the 4K versions of them a bit ago, hopefully I'll have time to watch all 5 movies tonight and tomorrow night and then see Badlands on Saturday afternoon!
-
Which of the X-Men should be the first to get a solo movie in the MCU?
I read the your post title and Nightcrawler immediately jumped to my mind too! I also think a Jubilee movie would be awesome. And then another good option could be to ride the wave of Deadpool & Wolverine and resurrect Channing Tatum's Gambit movie.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 2: Nate1016!
Nice one! Congrats!
-
Shepard
- What Graphic Novels or Series Could You Read Over and Over Again?
Scott McCloud has some pretty great books that are worth reading at least once, but I would say they're worth reading more than once for sure: Understanding Comics, Reinventing Comics, and Making Comics. They are a series of comics that he wrote about the production of comics. I agree with Maus, Watchmen, Locke & Key, Preacher and would also add V for Vendetta and The Boys (bear in mind the graphic novels are more graphic than the TV show, if you can believe it). And then I would also recommend some Grant Morrison to go along with the Garth Ennis and Alan Moore recommendations above, my favorites are: DC One Million and All-Star Superman, but many of the runs Morrison did across DC and Marvel are very good. And this series is newer than the others listed, but I've really been enjoying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin by Kevin Eastman, along with the sequels Lost Years and The Last Ronin II: Re-Evolution.- What's an anime reboot that could beat out the original?
Yi-Gi-Oh Season 0 remake would be so good, I would love that. I'd also love to see David Production do a remake of Soul Eater. And I would be excited to see Record of Lodoss War redone, and also it would be awesome to see The Twelve Kingdoms redone.- Chainsaw Man The Movie: The Reze Arc Discussion Thread
Not yet! Hoping to go soon. Did you think it was better than Demon Slayer?- Most Anticipated Winter 2026 Animes
Which new anime season coming this winter are you most excited about? There are so many good ones! Frieren season 2, Hell's Paradise season 2, Jujutsu Kaisen season 3, second cour of Fire Force season 2, Fate/strange Fake season 1, and I'm sure there's a lot more. For me, it's a toss up between Fire Force, Hell's Paradise, and Jujutsu Kaisen. What do you think?- What new IP has you the most excited?
With the constant stream of remakes and reboots of existing IP, or expansions of existing media properties into new media formats, it feels like nowadays investments in new IP are far less frequent then decades ago in favor of safer bets on monetizing nostalgia from the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. So I think that begs the question: what (relatively) new IP that's had content released/announced within the last year or so has you the most excited? What project or format (video game, animated/live action show, movie, novel, comic book, etc) are you most excited for? For me, I'd have to say Exodus is probably the new IP I find most exciting. And I can't wait for the video game next year. They seem to have put together a team of all-stars and have steadily been releasing new content across different mediums, with an episode of Secret Level on Amazon (Exodus: Odyssey, episode 11), a novel Exodus: The Archimedes Engine by Peter F. Hamilton (and the sequel Exodus: The Helium Sea coming next year!), two TTRPG books: Exodus Traveler's Handbook and Exodus Encyclopedia published (with the third book Chronicles of Melayu coming soon), and the Star Heist: An Exodus Story live-action TTRPG adventure, it seems like they are building a solid foundation for their upcoming Exodus sci-fi RPG video game to build upon further. Is anyone else excited for Exodus the video game? Or what other new IP has caught your attention?- I don't have a problem with Solo Leveling as a series, but I do think the fandom needs to broaden its horizons.
This is an interesting take! @J.R. Waugh what do you think would be the best animes for fans of Solo Leveling to try out next? I'm only really familiar with Solo Leveling, Tower of God, God of High School, and A Returner's Magic Should Be Special as far as watching anime based on manhwas/webtoons. Would definitely be interested in checking out others if there are good ones out there I'm missing out on!- If you could live any superhero or villain’s life, who would you choose?
Batman Beyond!- Which ‘80s Movie Would You Most Like to See Get a Legacy Sequel?
I would love to see someone carry the torch lit by Don Bluth, he made some of my favorite movies. They all have received direct-to-video sequels (with varying quality), but it would be nice to see new theatrical releases with the same high quality animation and storytelling as the originals for any of these 80s animated classics: The Secret of NIMH An American Tail The Land Before Time All Dogs Go to Heaven- A Movie That Genuinely Messed You Up As a Kid
Jurassic Park had me running out of the room scared as a 4 year old (specifically the Dilophosaurus scene in the rain). But by the time The Lost World came out, I was older and over it and all in (got it on VHS for my birthday that year and I was so excited). I'd love to see Steven Spielberg make a return to a dinosaur-adjacent movie by helming an adaptation of Michael Crichton's Dragon Teeth. More of a western/period piece than a dinosaur movie, but the novel was a fun read. I think Sony got the rights with NatGeo to do a TV movie many years ago, but that was pre-Disney acquisition of NatGeo so who knows where it's at now.- A Cancelled Video Game You Still Think About… 🎮😢
Not exactly a cancelled game, but Anthem NEXT being cancelled was a huge bummer. The game had its issues, but the flight suit combat was so fun. My hope was that some combat gameplay/assets from Anthem could make their way into the upcoming Iron Man game from EA and Motive Studio, but with the private equity acquisition looming it seems like most of EA Entertainment's future titles are potentially in limbo (I imagine EA Sports will be left alone for the most part). If Bioware gets shuttered and Mass Effect 5 gets cancelled that will jump to the top of my list. If I had to pick one fully cancelled game that was disappointing, it would probably be the recent cancellation of Everwild by Microsoft. Rare is one of my all time favorite development shops and to have a game that's been in progress by them for 10+ years just cast aside is...sad.- What was the very first comic book you ever read and what is the current comic book that your currently reading
The first comic I ever read was Sonic the Comic from the UK. I haven't read any comics for a little while, but the next one I'd like to read is Detective Comics: Gotham Nocturne, but I'm waiting for an omnibus rather than buying the trade volumes, hopefully we get it some time in the next year or so!- What is your favourite movie that you ever watched and what is your current favourite movie that you last watched?
My favorite movie ever is definitely something by either Christopher Nolan or Dennis Villeneuve. I love The Prestige, Interstellar, The Batman Trilogy, Arrival, Sicario, and Dune Part 1 and 2. Any of those could be my favorite depending on the day you ask me. Best movie I last watched was Demon Slayer: Infinity Castle, so good!- What's y'all's movie of the year so far?
Demon Slayer: Infinity Castle was so good, my favorite of the year so far. My runner up is Superman- What was the very first Pokemon game you ever played and what is the current Pokemon game your currently playing?
My first Pokemon game was also Pokemon Blue. I'm playing Pokemon Go, Pokemon TCG Pocket, and excited to check out Pokemon Legends Z-A tomorrow night!- What was the very first tv show that you ever watched and what is the current tv show that you are currently watching ?
The first TV show I can remember loving was the animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles VHS tapes you could get with an upgraded kid's meal at Burger King: Non-anime I'm currently watching: Slow Horses and Great British Bake Off (with my wife)- What was the very first anime movie or tv series that you ever watched and what is the current anime you are currently watching?
First anime I ever watched was probably Sailor Moon back in 1995 at like 6AM in the morning if I happened to be awake early enough. Then came Pokemon, Digimon, and Dragon Ball Z. Currently watching: My Hero Academia and Kaiju No. 8- NYCC 2025
- Will we get a Spider-Man '98 TV series on Disney+ in the next couple years?
Agreed, would be a great way to build hype for X-Men '97 season 2 as well which I'm sure they'll be talking about- MICROSOFT PURPOSELY SCREWED US!!!
Marvel Cosmic Invasion is coming out on all consoles too! So excited for that one, now we just need Tribute Games and Dotemu to make a Simpsons side-scroller beat 'em up revival next! 🙏- Which childhood toy/collectible do you wish you hadn’t lost or sold?
My old Pokemon card collection. On the one hand, I sold it about 10 years ago to pay bills, so it enabled me to live at a time when I had no job. On the other hand, I sold it to a card shop for about $1,000. I knew it was worth more even at that time, but I was desperate and the shop owner could tell. Today, individual cards from that collection are worth more than what he paid me for all of them. It was hundreds of cards in total and I had all kinds of 1st edition and/or shadowless base set, jungle, and fossil holos, a full southern islands set + binder, black star promos from the movie theater and VHS, my hometown Pokemon League, the video games, and Nintendo Power. They were very well cared for and the most valuable thing I had at the time. It broke my heart (I cried), but hey, everyone's gotta eat! - What Graphic Novels or Series Could You Read Over and Over Again?