Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would this be a good way to returning the Ultraverse?

Featured Replies

Ideas with description where they could perhaps add the Ultraverse to the 616 universe in a perhaps interesting way which would be like a semi-reboot since it would have to do something with what happened to the multiverse in Secret Wars #1 2015.

Returning the Ultraverse Idea

  • CB Team

I’m not very familiar with the Ultraverse, but using the events of Secret Wars as a way to bring it into the Marvel Universe sounds interesting. I’d be curious to hear from people who followed the original Ultraverse. Which characters would you most want to see brought back?

  • Author
18 hours ago, FantasticJerome said:

I’m not very familiar with the Ultraverse, but using the events of Secret Wars as a way to bring it into the Marvel Universe sounds interesting. I’d be curious to hear from people who followed the original Ultraverse. Which characters would you most want to see brought back?

Marvel, from what I heard, bought Malibu Comics because of their coloring computer tech which was a big thing in the 90's while acting like they didn't know what they also received when it came to characters while sending them to comic book oblivion while I also heard that in the early 2000's Joe Quesada tried to bring them back. They had a good number of good characters like Prime who even though would make you think of Superman and Captain Marvel (Shazam), he was actually original-like where he didn't exactly transform into Prime but generated this green goo that was like a organic suit that looked like a huge person which gave him powers as if he was Iron Man in a fashion, since he was still a normal kid inside the nigh-invulnerable shell.

  • CB Team
10 minutes ago, Sandguy22 said:

Marvel, from what I heard, bought Malibu Comics because of their coloring computer tech which was a big thing in the 90's while acting like they didn't know what they also received when it came to characters while sending them to comic book oblivion while I also heard that in the early 2000's Joe Quesada tried to bring them back. They had a good number of good characters like Prime who even though would make you think of Superman and Captain Marvel (Shazam), he was actually original-like where he didn't exactly transform into Prime but generated this green goo that was like a organic suit that looked like a huge person which gave him powers as if he was Iron Man in a fashion, since he was still a normal kid inside the nigh-invulnerable shell.

I think I remember Prime, but will definitely go read a few this week.

I want to see all of the characters brought back. Marvel has a real problem with creating characters and then not using them.

Yes. Maybe in other things having a large cast doesn't really work, but in superhero fiction? You can do self-contained stories, but large casts just seem to come with the territory. Think about how many comic book teams there are, villains and heroes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.