Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pluckynotplucky

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pluckynotplucky

  1. The very first season of the Twilight Zone had a Christmas episode with a Santa bag that had the perfect gift for each person. All you had to do was reach in and pull out the Lightsaber, the DVD’s, and the Helmet. Hohoho
  2. I have. Very modern and cool too
  3. Also agree with you guys. I think Snyders dark cinematography fit a Gotham theme, and BvS worked (with everyone wanting a few Monday morning quarterback fixes). I’m happy with the new look and direction. Fingers crossed.
  4. Batman #244 1977 oversized comic. Even all bent and torn. Ra’s Al Ghul, Talia, sword fight, etc. just neato bandito.
  5. Heck yes. Power Man and Iron Fist and the What If’s. Super cool!
  6. The show was a great mix of funny and dramatic. Really fun. It’s getting old. Every time Disney does this it chips away at our belief in their belief in Marvel.
  7. Please realize I grew up with Thanos and Phoenix being the scariest super-dupers(and the big guy Galactus) But I think maybe ramp down from the omnipresent Omega thing. The “wow” is getting a little diluted with SO many. I guess I just miss the Punisher kicking the crap out of Jigsaw every now and then.
  8. I’m definitely looking forward to Ghost Rider. Shawn Levy has some good dark/scary in his bag of tricks. I hope he puts down the really great funny he’s done lately and freaks us out a little bit.
  9. I’m really excited to see where Shang-chi ends up in the org-chart. I hope at least VP somewhere in a group,
  10. I glad read these inputs. Made me think a lot about what will be, or could be. I think the new stuff needs to be accepted/woohooed by the new/young readers and moviegoers first. We that are super connected to 2000 Wolverine and Chris Evans Cap, and all of it need to work with and accept the new. I know. Crap. I’m still really excited.
  11. Not Buffy, but Angel He hits Adam Baldwin/Superdemon HARD and he doesn’t even flinch. Then politely asks “Did that hurt at all?” Baldwin shrugs and says “Little bit.”
  12. That would be awesome! You know, Half the books are of an older Bond, chock full of wisdom and experience. You get some cool references to earlier assignments that help him kick the crap out of the guy in front of him. Two different timelines. Two different Bonds? Maybe
  13. Not better or worse but If Luke Cage is in trouble Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Misty Knight, Daredevil, Night Nurse, Colleen Wing, all his fans in Harlem, etc. Street level but solid.
  14. I really like the Dark Knight comic costume. All wrinkly after battle. And, hell yes, Swamp Thing! He can change into cilantro(off putting) if he wants!
  15. Pluckynotplucky replied to Josh76's topic in Comics
    I think you’re right. No way home though showed that he can do a pretty decent comedy straight man playing off actually funny actors.
  16. I have actually asked Santa to let me put on a tux and travel back to Hollywood. To the opening of Casablanca. To the red carpet at Grauman’s Chinese Theater. 1942, To sit right behind Bogart and Bergman, and proudly watch Nazis get their ass handed to them, during the War.
  17. Definitely weekly, I’m in agreement with TB, weekly needs a cool hook at the end of every episode where full drops have mostly seemed like a movie with “Let’s all go to the lobby” breaks.
  18. Richard Jenkins Shape of Water Cabin in the Woods Step Brothers He just kept showing up in great stuff and forced me to start looking for him
  19. Have to add, this is a comment on fictional comic book characters. NOT for real beliefs.
  20. Kinda depends on who’s looking at the rap sheet and when. Plus, I think he’d get a bit more leeway from the street-levels than the heroes that sleep on a helicarrier, or golden Asgardian pillows. Gun violence on innocents doesn’t really occur to someone fighting Thanos on a faraway moon. He is one savage sonofabitch though.
  21. Why does EVERY studio ALWAYS try to give one guy carte blanche after one success?? Ignoring, ignorant producers notes, during Love and Thunder, didn’t ANYONE want to tap Taika(a comedic genius)on the shoulder and say “it’s a BIT much dude .”?? Yadda yadda yadda…Mickey Rourke “it’s a BIT much dude, a cockatoo?, never ending toothpicks? That’s Marvel giving RDJ hiring powers. ALL original X-Men movies (love them dearly) I can’t be the only person that thought that Magneto’s plan for a mutant-only Planet would create a shit show? And I’ll probably watch every one of these movies for the tenth time within the month.
  22. Right?? I mean the tech and graphics pretty much give creators/writers a free pass to get super-cool and super-weird. Already happening, I mean Ruffalo’s having an oat milk latte in his trailer while we’re lulled into thinking he’s green.fingers crossed! Fun question.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.