Everything posted by Amanda Kay Oaks
-
What’s On Your Geeky Weekend Agenda?
Trust me, I am. They flew press out early so I was in a different time zone for a full week with a packed schedule lol.
-
Hottest new game
I'm pretty stoked for Marvel's Wolverine and the upcoming 1.0 releases of Valheim and RuneScape: Dragonwilds. Also looking forward to the Ocarina of Time remake, whenever Nintendo decides to drop that one on us.
-
Hottest new game
Plague Tale Legacy was SOOOOO good! I really enjoyed it.
-
Pokemon World Championship Announcements - What Did You Think?
Yeah, it was relatively light on news in general. Just that new movie on the animated front, too. :(
-
Pokemon World Championship Announcements - What Did You Think?
Per usual, Pokemon closed out its World Championships with a news drop. We got updates on several ongoing games, from Pokemon Unite to Pokemon Go and beyond. What did you think of this year's list of announcements? I was a little disappointed we didn't see any new Winds & Waves info, but I wasn't surprised.
-
Fan Wishlist: Possible Pokemon Winds and Waves info.
I'd love to see a new Eeveelution and a new Pokemon type, too. But it seems like we might be waiting until Pokemon Day 2027 for any major news at this point.
-
What possible games do you want to see at September’s State of Play?
I almost always go into the State of Play without any major expectations, but I'm curious what they choose to focus on beyond Final Fantasy 7 Revelation.
-
Good morning
Tough question! Probably gotta be Skyrim or Pokemon Crystal for me.
-
What’s On Your Geeky Weekend Agenda?
It was a lot of fun! But I am also very happy to be back home haha.
-
What’s On Your Geeky Weekend Agenda?
I'm at Pokemon Worlds / Pokemon XP, so it is a very geeky weekend indeed on my end!
-
Kingdom Hearts is Goated as it is
I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan as well, and the games are all great!
-
If a game cost $70 then you need 70+hrs worth of gameplay just for the main campaign
For me, it's more about the quality of my experience. I'd probably be upset if a $70 was only a few hours of gameplay. But barring that, if it's good and I enjoy my time with it, I'm not going to put an exact x dollars = x hours of gameplay number to it. The last game I played all the way to credits was only about 15 hours, but I really enjoyed my time with it, so it felt worth it.
-
Wolverine in Doomsday
This might be a hot take, but I think it's time we let Hugh Jackman retire from this role. I doubt that it'll happen, but he's been around for so long and I feel like they're running out of interesting things to do with that version of the character.
-
Tobey's Spider-Man vs. the X-Men in Doomsday?
I am so torn on this rumor, because of how that encounter supposedly ends. Tobey's Spider-Man was what got me into superheroes in the first place, and I cried buckets seeing him reprise the role in No Way Home. Do I want to see him do it again? Perhaps, but it has to be done right, not as a cheap gimmick.
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
I have a deep appreciation for physical media, but I live in a very small house. So I've gone largely digital for movies and games and have been for years. I still adore physical books, but I do read a lot of eBooks these days. My physical books are a curated collection of my favorites, rather than just every book I've read like it was when I was younger.
-
Are You Watching Anything to Get Ready for Avengers: Doomsday?
I finally saw Fantastic Four: First Steps, and boy did I regret that lol. I may also try again with Loki, which I just couldn't get into the first time. I think those are my main gaps in the "must watch" list.
-
Should Dune 3 Move Release Date?
If they move it, what is my anti-Marvel husband going to do while I see Doomsday? But in all seriousness, it will be interesting to see how things go down with both movies coming out so close together.
-
Did The X-Men MCU Cast Deliver?
I'm not super familiar with most of the announced cast, so I'll have to wait and see them in the roles. It's hard to mentally replace the actors I first knew from the 2000s movies, but I'm excited to see new live action takes on these characters. Already liked what I saw from Sadie Sink as Jean Gray in Brand New Day, so looking forward to the X-Men reboot more now.
-
Scalpers are Ruining Pokemon TCG
I definitely agree, scalpers have absolutely taken the fun out of the hobby. I am hopeful that Pokemon will be able to amp up printing once its new facility is complete in the next few years, and hopefully print cards to the point that demand no longer outpaces supply. Using that upgraded capacity to print-to-order isn't a bad idea, if they could work out the logistics.
-
Favorite Hayden Panettiere Role?
She was the original voice of Kairi in Kingdom Hearts, so that was my first thought.
-
Xbox keeping the disc drive, and Free Online Multiplayer
I definitely think it would be a smart move for Xbox to offer a disc drive. A lot of people are really frustrated at PlayStation's decision, so going in the opposite direction could really help Xbox leverage more buyers in the next console generation. Personally, I'm undecided. I've always preferred PlayStation over Xbox, largely because most of Xbox's exclusives don't interest me as much as PlayStation's. But if Elder Scrolls 6 is Xbox exclusive, I'm going to have no choice in the matter because I must return to Tamriel.
-
What is YOUR Top Theory for the Elder Scrolls 6 Title?
Ever since Asha Sharma's little Elder Scrolls IV: ******** teaser, the theories abound. But which one do you think is the most convincing so far? Personally, I'm not sure any of us have guessed it yet, but the evidence for Sentinel is compelling.
-
Do You Want Other Playable Characters in Games like Marvel's Wolverine?
All great ideas! I'd love to play as Rogue. I think her powers could be so fun to use in a game.
-
Do You Want Other Playable Characters in Games like Marvel's Wolverine?
Yeah, my first thought after they confirmed Jean isn't playable in this is hoping we'll get a solo game for her. But I kind of doubt it. More X-Men games would be great regardless, though!
-
Do You Want Other Playable Characters in Games like Marvel's Wolverine?
Insomniac recently confirmed that Wolverine is the only playable character in Marvel's Wolverine. That breaks trend with the Marvel's Spider-Man games, which often brought in other playable characters, including the notoriously boring MJ stealth missions. Do you think this was the right move, or are you as disappointed as I am that we won't get to play as Jean Grey?