Everything posted by Cade Onder
-
Call of duty needs to fix this
It's a major issue, and I scratch my head at how some games don't seem to have cheating issues this prevalent. You'll never be able to fully squash out cheating, but Call of Duty suffers from it greatly. I do believe they care, because they keep making changes every year, but I have no idea how we are still dealing with this at this level.
-
Giveaway: What nerdy thing are you hoping to get for Christmas?
Movies! I love collecting Blu-rays and 4Ks, so I am hoping to get Superman, Mission: Impossible - The Final Reckoning, F1, and some new 4K re-releases like the Saw movies.
-
What's a Thanksgiving Movie?
I think anything that captures the mood and spirit of the holiday makes it a Thanksgiving movie. Although I'd jokingly argue that Spider-Man (2002) is a Thanksgiving movie because it has one scene with a turkey dinner, it isn't really. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is a prime example because it captures that rush of the holidays, but also focuses on the importance of family and friends.
-
Comics, Games, and Other Things You Want to See Adapted into a Movie
A ton of comic books, novels, and video games have been adapted into movies already, but there are still so many things that have yet to be brought to the big screen. What stories do you want to see turned into a movie? This could even include specific comic storylines that haven't been faithfully adapted into a movie yet, even if the character itself has had a bunch of movies. I would love to see Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic turned into a movie at some point, though that might be too expansive to cover in just one film. I am also still holding out hope that one day we will get to see Kraven's Last Hunt adapted for a Spider-Man movie, but Sony may not be interested after the Kraven solo movie crashed and burned.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 5: ComicBob
Congrats, ComicBob! Spider-Man is GOATED.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Vault Edition
Our winner is carlybatman! We'll DM you and get you hooked up with an Xbox code momentarily. To everyone else, we appreciate you for participating! We do frequent giveaways on this forum, so be sure to stick around, as there will be opportunities to win all kinds of other cool things!
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Vault Edition
ComicBook is giving away a code for Call of Duty: Black Ops 7's Vault Edition on Xbox! The game supports Xbox's Play Anywhere feature, so you can also play the game on PC through the Xbox app if you don't own a console. The rules are very simple: Just sign up for an account on the ComicBook Forum if you haven't already, and reply to this thread with your favorite Call of Duty map (multiplayer or Zombies) or campaign level. We will select a winner at random and announce it on Wednesday, November 19th at 2 PM ET! Good luck!
-
A movie plot hole that keeps you up at night… 🤷
My favorite part of this is that someone mentions how improbable this is early on in the movie and Loomis is like "WELL, HE DID IT!" I guess whatever powers him to be borderline unkillable also taught him how to drive.
-
Should Game Companies Be Allowed to Remove Online Support for Games?
I can't expect games to live forever online because I am sure these servers have been mostly dead for a while. I agree with Logan that there should be clear warnings. In the case of Rivals, I think you can actually even play the game offline which hasn't been the case for every game that loses online support. As long as you can still play the game in some capacity, I think that's all that matters.
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
Definitely the movie tie-in game for Spider-Man (2002). I really loved that game, but my mind was blown when Spider-Man 2 came out a couple of years later. I played that game religiously as a kid. Also throwing a shoutout to The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction as well, as that would have likely been my first non-Spidey game. That game was unbelievable. I would pick up civilians and run up to a rooftop and launch them to kingdom come. Not a very nice thing to do, but I loved that they empowered Hulk to be a total menace that was a destructive force lol
-
Does Xbox Game Pass' Price Increase Change Your Feelings About Xbox?
Title says it all. It was announced that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will go from $19.99 to $29.99, though with a few added perks like access to Fortnite Crew and Ubisoft Classics. This comes after two console price increases this year and an attempt to rise game prices to $80 (though that was walked back pretty quickly). How are you feeling about Xbox after this? Will you keep your subscription? I personally feel like $30 a month still holds value, but this is a poorly timed move by Microsoft. It also sort of feels like a way to make up for games staying $70, but that's pure speculation.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Beta Codes (ALL PLATFORMS)
Never met someone whose favorite CoD is Vanguard, but I thought the story was cool! Seconded on WW2 being fantastic, I think that's a really underrated entry in the series. Check your DMs/email for a code!
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Beta Codes (ALL PLATFORMS)
-
MICROSOFT PURPOSELY SCREWED US!!!
For what it is worth, the new Blade game (developed by an Xbox studio!), EA's Iron Man, and Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra are coming to Xbox. Not all hope is lost, friend! The deal that Marvel has with PlayStation isn't all-encompassing, thankfully. However, I agree it is unfortunate that Marvel's biggest character is locked to one console.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Beta Codes (ALL PLATFORMS)
Activision has provided ComicBook with 100 beta codes for Call of Duty: Black Ops 7, which we are giving away to you, our lovely readers! The beta codes are for all platforms, including Xbox, PlayStation, and PC, and will give you early access to the multiplayer and Zombies modes for one of this year's most anticipated games. How to Win a Black Ops 7 Beta Code From ComicBookSimply sign up for an account on the ComicBook forum and leave a comment on this thread letting us know what your favorite Call of Duty game is. We will then privately message you with a code for the beta, which begins on Thursday, October 2nd. The early access period will end on Sunday, October 5th, allowing you a whole weekend of hands-on time with the game before it opens up to everyone. On the 5th, you will be able to play freely without a code until Wednesday, October 8th. How to Redeem Your Black Ops 7 Beta CodeIf you win a Black Ops 7 beta code, you'll have to redeem it through an official Call of Duty website. From there, you can select which platform you want to play the beta on and Call of Duty will email you a code just prior to the beta's release. You can view more detailed instructions and the link to redeem the code below. Please go to www.callofduty.com/betaredeem to redeem your Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Open Beta Early Access code. You must then login/create an Activision account. You will need to enter your code, platform of choice, and region that you live in. You will know your code is valid if you’re redirected to the success page. The success page will confirm that you are registered for Early Access to the Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Open Beta but will not provide a platform-specific code to download the Beta. A platform-specific code will be emailed to you on a date closer to when Early Access to the Open Beta begins. What Content Is Available in the Black Ops 7 Beta?The Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 beta will feature a plethora of content throughout its duration, including a first look at the game's Zombies mode. For the first time in a Call of Duty beta, players will get to experience the franchise's signature co-op horde mode before the game is even released. This will be presented through the Zombie Survival mode, meaning you won't get to do the Easter egg and everything will be a bit simplified, but it's still a great way to see what Black Ops 7's new Zombies map is like. The multiplayer portion of the beta will feature five modes and a training course in addition to six multiplayer maps. You can view the full breakdown of maps and modes below. Modes: Team Deathmatch Kill Confirmed Hardpoint Domination Overdrive (A new Capture the Flag-esque mode) Maps: Blackheart Cortex Exposure Imprint The Forge Toshin As per usual, you shouldn't anticipate any progress to carry over from the beta to the full release of Black Ops 7. Historically, everything gets reset, so there's a level playing field at launch. The full version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 will release on November 14th.
-
Marvel's Wolverine - Gameplay Trailer is Here!
Looks fantastic and the fact that there will be roughly 3 years between the leaked footage and the launch is very promising. It had that cinematic flair I look for from a PlayStation game while mixing in some of my favorite superhero characters. I am hoping the traversal is more interesting than Wolverine bouncing between rooftops if this has any sort of open level design, but the motorcycle gives me some hope for some cool driving sequences. Also very happy that they are going full M rating with all the absurd blood and gore that made a game like X-Men Origins: Wolverine so satisfying. Can’t wait for this!
-
October is PACKED with big game releases! What's on your list?
I will be relentlessly grinding Battlefield 6, but I am also really interested in Arc Raiders and Dispatch! The latter looks really unique and like my exact kind of niche.
-
Mando trailer
I wish this felt like a real event and a big return to theatrical Star Wars, but it just kinda feels like yet another Disney+ Star Wars project… despite the fact it’s releasing in theaters. Hopefully future trailers sell it a bit better, I’m sure we’ll see something when Avatar 3 drops in December.
-
Change the Fate of a TV Character
Deb from Dexter. After being a total badass for eight seasons, she gets shot from some moron freeing a captured serial killer. She actually survives the gunshot and even has a successful surgery, but succumbs to a sudden blood clot. Totally baffling! It felt rushed, unearned, and frustrating. I don't hate the idea of her being the last person Dexter buries at sea, it feels fitting, but it feels like they came up with that idea before figuring out how she would actually die. I am glad they brought her back in Dexter: New Blood as a "ghost", but she deserved a better death.
-
Is Anyone Still Hyped (Keyword: HYPED) for The Batman Part 2???
My hype has definitely fallen off. I’m still excited, but it’s hard to sustain genuine hype for 3 years (almost 6 by the time it actually releases). I think my hype will return once we start getting casting info and first set photos to make this movie actually finally feel real. I was hoping for a Freeze movie with an iced over flooded Gotham, but the various tidbits we’ve heard about this still being a mystery (still cool!) seem to suggest that won’t be the case. I’d still love to see Court of Owls, but may feel mildly redundant after Riddler’s story in the last one. I trust Reeves to find a a great villain and I hope the mystery aspect is a bit stronger after spending so much time developing this movie.
-
Best Reveal From Today's Nintendo Direct?
Kind of in awe that they didn’t announce a new 3D Mario game despite dedicating so much time to Mario stuff for its anniversary. Not sure that many remasters and Mario Tennis is what I’m looking for from Nintendo after the launch of a nearly $500 console.
-
Did Dexter: Original Sin Deserve a Second Season?
Paramount is reportedly pulling the plug on Dexter: Original Sin in favor of focusing on Dexter: Resurrection, despite then seemingly planning to alternate between both shows initially. https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/dexter-original-sin-cancelled-resurrection-season-2/ It seemed like there were still plenty of threads to pull on with Brian Moser’s past, seeing Dexter develop himself into the killer we know him as now, more. Should the series have been given the opportunity to continue after all its success or does a prequel series not matter now that Michael C. Hall is back in Resurrection?