Everything posted by Cade Onder
-
Grade the Stranger Things Finale
Stranger Things is officially over! So, what did you think? Worth the wait? Disappointing? Sound off!
-
Best Video Game Openings Of All-Time
I was thinking a bit about God of War 3 when coming up with other ideas, climbing Mount Olympus on the back of titans before beating the crap out of Poseidon was genuinely insane lol
-
The Odyssey trailer is here! Are you excited?
Given it's Nolan's thing to do an extended preview exclusive to IMAX, it probably won't. I don't think the ones for The Dark Knight Rises, Tenet, or other films he has done it for every made it online officially. But it will be in the full movie!
-
Best Video Game Openings Of All-Time
Skyrim is a great opening. The shot of the dragon swooping in and landing above you as you're about to be executed is burnt into my mind. The Last of Us is probably number one, but Inscryption is a great shout. Any game that can get you invested without having to stop and make you read endless tutorials is a winner for me.
-
Do We Still Need Avatar 5?
- Best Video Game Openings Of All-Time
I've been putting together a list of the best video game openings of all-time for the site and while my entries are locked in already, I was curious to see what games hooked you in that first 20 - 30 minutes? An obvious one is Uncharted 2, when Nathan Drake wakes up in a derailed train, dangling off the side of a cliff.- Video Game Adaptations
A Battlefield movie on a big IMAX screen would be nuts. Practical destruction, an ensemble squad, and embracing the overall chaos of that franchise could lead to something really special.- The Odyssey trailer is here! Are you excited?
The trailer didn't blow me away, but the extended sequence at the start of Avatar was incredible. There's a shot of one of the soldiers throwing a torch down over a wall in the dead of night and once it hits the ground, you see a ton of soldiers waiting to be let in through the gate. It was incredible. The music, the action, the lighting, it all looks really good, and I can't wait to see what Nolan does with it. BRING IT ON!!- What Everyone Is Getting Wrong about the Doomsday Teasers
I do think the teasers themselves could just be a bit better. Some of the people in my theater seemed confused by the Rogers one, wondering why he isn't old anymore lmao Granted, you can't help everyone, but I do think it falls a little flat just in terms of what is presented. A teaser that had a few different heroes together and ended with Rogers may be more exciting. Too many breadcrumbs!- Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
28 Years Later is a day one for me and I love Affleck/Damon, so count me in on The Rip. Seeing those guys back together in Air and The Last Duel was such a treat. The fact that they keep jumping across genres together is a lot of fun and I hope it is another winner for them and not a meh thriller.- Do We Still Need Avatar 5?
Given Jon Landau teased them going back to Earth in 5, yes... I need that. Na'vi take Manhattan!!- What Movie Are You Going to See on Christmas Day?
Marty Supreme, for sure... might sneak in a rewatch of Avatar, too!- What Games Have You Given Up on Ever Finishing?
I was 14 when The Witcher 3 came out and I blazed through it. If it came out today, hard telling if I'd get to the end despite my love of it lmao- What Games Have You Given Up on Ever Finishing?
Now that we're at the end of the year and releases have slowed down, I am making my way through some games that I have missed or didn't have time for previously. I am starting to realize my backlog is a bit too unwieldy and I will have to retire them from my backlog. There is just too much to play, and I have come to terms with the fact that I will probably never find the time to finish Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom or Baldur's Gate 3, even if I really want to. What games have you shed from your backlog?- Does Your Choice of Movie Snack Change Based on What You're Seeing?
LISTEN... it is partially because they are overpriced and mid at my theater LMAO- Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
Can I cheat and say a movie I wish I had been there for? Empire Strikes Back would be a fantastic movie to see opening night, where no one knows what's coming.- It's Game Awards week. What do you hope gets revealed?
I will continue to say Half-Life 3 every year until Valve puts me out of my misery or the sun explodes. The new Tomb Raider that was teased is also very exciting. Given the reshuffling earlier this year, I don't think it will happen, but BioShock 4 would be enticing too.- Does Your Choice of Movie Snack Change Based on What You're Seeing?
Sometimes I will get a flatbread pepperoni pizza or french fries, but 90% of the time, big bucket of popcorn and a soda! It's a matter of appetite, not the film I am seeing!- Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
Expedition 33 and Kingdom Come 2 are high priorities for me! Expedition 33 will be the game I try to finish before anything else, but no telling if I will accomplish that before the end of the month lol- Warner Bros. Deal: Netflix or Paramount?
They both come with so much unique baggage that I genuinely feel like it is impossible to choose. However, I'd probably say Netflix purely because I find the people in charge of Paramount to be extremely sketchy. At least with Netflix, we know what to expect, even if I resent the idea of crippling the theatrical space in any way.- Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
I like how no one has mentioned Doomsday as a serious option LOL it will obviously be huge, but it's hard to say whether it will hit Endgame levels given MCU hype has died down so much. I think the first trailer will give us some indication on whether it will have a chance to blow us all away or not. They may have to lean into showing some of the OGs like Tobey Maguire, Hugh Jackman, etc to really sell people. I agree with others saying Toy Story 5, Dune 3, and The Odyssey. I am super excited for Spider-Man and it will no doubt do gangbusters, but I don't know if it will reach the box office heights of No Way Home without the legacy heroes and villains.- Game Awards Teaser - What's Your Theory?
Jason Schreier said it was a "good one", which suggests it is notable! He also just debunked The Elder Scrolls 6 today too, so definitely not that. I genuinely have no idea what it is at this point, but I can't help but feel I will somehow be disappointed lol- How Much Would You Pay For GTA 6 (Or Your Most Anticipated Game)?
Dad of the Year response!- How Much Would You Pay For GTA 6 (Or Your Most Anticipated Game)?
I honestly don't think it's out of touch. I personally think going above $70 - $80 is outrageous when so many games gate content behind DLC or microtransactions anyways. Like you said, the game would basically have to be totally perfect and not ask me for more money in order to justify a premium price tag. Would I pay $100 for GTA 6 if that was my only option? Unfortunately, yes lol, but I would be upset about it!- How Much Would You Pay For GTA 6 (Or Your Most Anticipated Game)?
There has been a lot of debate over whether or not GTA 6 will cost $100. I don't think it will be, just because there are other ways to make that money (special editions, online microtransactions, etc). Regardless, how much would you realistically pay for a game like GTA 6 or maybe your most anticipated game? Think Half-Life 3, The Elder Scrolls 6, or some other hail marry game. What would you pay for it if the developer announced that it was out tomorrow, but you had to pay a premium to play it? - Best Video Game Openings Of All-Time