Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MisaelDuran

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MisaelDuran

  1. This one is tough because there are so many that I do love. I really want to give a shout-out to Lauren. She was so much better than the season she belonged to, and I love how the comics and games reclaimed her. But I think Wes had the most impactful character arc and had one of the best performances in the franchise. Time Force is so good.
  2. This is kind of a tricky question for me to answer, because when I think of my favorite MCU characters, I think of the characters that improve from the comics. I think RDJ's Iron Man truly elevated that hero in ways the comics never could match, but it wasn't an accurate portrayal of the character in the comics. Nonetheless, RDJ's performance has become so ingrained into Iron Man that the character in the comics is now a reflection of how he appears in the movies. Other characters who I think are also better in the MCU than in the comics are Agatha, Nubia, and Star-Lord.
  3. I've always had weird opinions on Flashpoint. I remember reading it at the time, thinking, "This is solid but nothing spectacular." There are great moments, but I thought there was going to be more to it. When Johns was teasing out something with Reverse Flash in Brightest Day, I thought it was going to be more complicated than "Barry goes back in time and messes up everything." I think it's just too simple for its own good. I also really don't like how DC puts it up, Flashpoint on a pedestal as the definitive Flash comic, when there are way better Flash stories. It just doesn't feel earned, especially when it served as the basis for The Flash film.
  4. Dick Damian Jason Tim Stephanie
  5. I think Marvel still has enough goodwill to carry it for many more years. It still has a string of huge successes, with Deadpool and Wolverine literally making a billion last year, and I think it can weather the storm. Also, unless something goes terribly wrong, I can't imagine the next Avengers movies doing so badly that the studio has to reconsider everything. On that note, I hope the MCU takes more risks in its upcoming movies. I think Thunderbolts and Fantastic Four were amazing and the right direction for the studio.
  6. I disagree too. I think there's a rhythm to Hickman's writing that helps propel the plot and makes it compelling.
  7. Glow on Netflix, mostly because it was going to have a final season that was canceled because of the Pandemic.
  8. I've been writing a lot about the Legion of Super-Heroes, and I'm reminded how much of a flop Bendis' Legion became. In fairness, I can't say I read the run extremely thoroughly, but it does feel like Bendis kind of messed up the Legion in a way that made them damaged goods again. I don't know, I'm curious if there are any defenders of this run around here, and curious what people think where DC plans to take the Legion next.
  9. What I mean by this question is that growing up, for me, Dragon Ball Z was looked at as the definitive "anime." While Japanese animation was obvious in America beforehand, Dragon Ball Z felt like one of the first to be advertised and viewed as something separate from traditional American animation. It was clearly foreign and had all the hallmarks of anime that would come to define the medium, including its over-the-top fights and silly quirks. I don't know, this has just been in my head for a while, and I wonder what everyone else thinks.
  10. I believe none of the executives foresaw how much K-pop Demon Hunters would blow up. They completely underestimated its appeal and are playing catch-up now.
  11. Less funny, HAHA, in a way, but still kind of ridiculous, is the retcon that made the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver no longer mutants or the children of Magneto. It's such a vindictive and petty retcon. Even though Marvel Studios has had the rights to mutants for years now, it's weird they haven't fully gotten rid of the retcon. Are they really that worried about confusing the general public or something? The general public is already confused!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.