Everything posted by Jackson Hayes
-
Grade the Stranger Things Finale
I gave it a C. While I think it works great as a finale for the show as a whole, I don't think Season 5's story got wrapped up in a satisfying way.
-
Should Batman should break his no-kill rule to permanently stop the Joker.
It's a great debate because does one truly exist without the other? Now, that's not exactly fair to the people of Gotham, but I don't think Batman is as effective if he doesn't have that White Whale to chase.
-
Who Do You Trust to Stop a Universe-Ending Event?
I'm going to have to give the edge to Reed. While the movies don't do him justice, I've read enough comics to know that's the horse I want to back.
-
Favorite season of Stranger Things?
I think 3 gets far too much hate. The battle at the mall is so fun.
-
What Games Are You Leaving Behind This Year?
I've tried Arc Raiders a bunch, but I just don't think it's for me. I don't find much reward in looting for hours only to lose all my stuff when I run into the wrong person.
-
Favorite season of Stranger Things?
We've been talking so much about Season 5 that I only think it's fair that we look at the series as a whole. What is your favorite season and your favorite moments from an all-time show?
-
Movie News You Want to See in 2026
I need a Shang-Chi 2 release date like there's no tomorrow. That feeling is probably only going to get stronger as marketing for Doomsday ramps up.
-
Marty Supreme Tho
I'm a major Uncut Gems fan, so this one struck a nerve with me. There's just something about watching someone shoot for the stars, even if they screw up time and time again.
-
Pokemon Day (Pokemon Presents) - Predictions
I'm very excited to hear more about the Gen 10 games. 2026 is shaping up to be the best yet for Pokémon.
-
Which Video Game Console Is Your All-Time Favorite?
I have to go with the PS3. Got it as a Christmas gift and spent all of break playing Assassin's Creed 2. It was only up from there.
-
What are your nerdy New Year’s resolutions?
To finish my long game backlog. Didn't help that I added four more over the holidays.
-
What Is Your 2025 Game of the Year?
I'll second the Marvel Rivals love. What a great surprise that was this year.
-
Do you prefer Thor with short or long hair?
There's so much talk online about Thor's look in Doomsday. Once again, his luscious locks are gone, and he's rocking a short cut. I personally think it works a lot better in live-action, but I'm curious to hear what everyone else has to say on the subject, especially those who read the comics.
-
What new TV shows are you most looking forward to in 2026?
I'm so ready for A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. Been doing a Game of Thrones rewatch to prepare.
-
Thor’s Doomsday Teaser Trailer: What Did You Think?
I think the Russos know how to handle Thor. Even considering the messy story in Endgame, he's never better than he is in Infinity War, blending the comedy with the serious tone. If they can strike that balance with him again, the sky is the limit (for his character, at least).
-
Which comic book movie disappointed you the most?
We can talk all day long about bad comic book movies, but rarely do the worst ones surprise us. I want to know which films disappointed you the most, because you were really excited going in. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice comes to mind immediately. Captain America: Civil War is another one because my expectations were sky-high, and it fell just a little short for me.
-
Favorite Nerdy Movie of 2025?
I second this! Thunderbolts blew me away with how emotional it was. Give me superheroes wrestling with their inner demons over a CGI slop-fest any day.
-
Perfect X-Men Fan-Casts for the MCU's New Team
Austin Butler as Cyclops really works for me. He's a big enough star that there's no way they would sideline the character again. I'm also all in on Margaret Qualley as Rogue.
-
Which January 2026 movie are you most excited to see?
Has to be The Bone Temple. I know Nia DaCosta didn't get a fair shake with The Marvels, and I'm excited to see what she can do with more creative freedom.
-
What's been your favorite part of Stranger Things Season 5 so far?
Totally agree about Holly! I'll say it's been nice seeing Mike and Nancy back together. This show so easily forgets the characters that have relationships that predate Season 1.
-
The Odyssey trailer is here! Are you excited?
I don't think Nolan has to do much to get butts in seats. I prefer he keep his cards close to the vest for as long as possible.
-
Who Needs an Avengers: Doomsday Teaser the Most?
Cap and Thor are the first in line, it seems. After that, we can assume Doctor Doom is next up, but there's a real oppurtunity here to prop up a character who needs it. I'd like to see Captain America or Shang-Chi get a moment in the sun. Who else should be considered?
-
Do We Still Need Avatar 5?
I think there's still some meat left on the bone. Let Cameron do five and ride off into the sunset.
-
What single TV episode do you wish you could watch again for the first time?
"Battle of the Bastards" Game of Thrones. I miss when the show had its head on straight.
-
Christmas Who
Like everyone else, you just awakened a memory for me. I remember wondering how he was able to make time for Bikini Bottom and still get presents to my house on time.