Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Anyone Still Play Older Gaming Systems?

Featured Replies

  • CB Team

I was a kid when the NES came out, so I grew up with a lot of the older gaming systems. Even with everything modern consoles can do now, there's still something fun about going back and playing those older games.

Does anyone here still play their old systems? NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, PlayStation or anything else?

What older system do you still play the most?

  • Author
  • CB Team
18 hours ago, RedEyEdJedi said:

I’ll do you one better I still have a working SNES that I still play and that’s the only system I have.

That's awesome I love the SNES! Spent so much of my childhood playing it. I need to find one.

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2026 at 6:59 PM, FantasticJerome said:

That's awesome I love the SNES! Spent so much of my childhood playing it. I need to find one.

Oh yea one of my all-time favorite memory of the SNES was me and two buddies playing megaMan X when it came and you know how it shows a villain, title screen before the level so we clicked on storm eagle and his name flashes across the screen and it shows him standing there then out of nowhere his wings extended and we were all like whoa!!!!!!! (The villain screen had working animation. ) 😂

  • Author
  • CB Team
3 hours ago, RedEyEdJedi said:

Oh yea one of my all-time favorite memory of the SNES was me and two buddies playing megaMan X when it came and you know how it shows a villain, title screen before the level so we clicked on storm eagle and his name flashes across the screen and it shows him standing there then out of nowhere his wings extended and we were all like whoa!!!!!!! (The villain screen had working animation. ) 😂

I had no idea you could do that! Yeah SNES came out at the perfect time. I really enjoyed The Legend of Zelda on there!

Mega man was a great character I’m surprised they don’t do more with him (ie. movies, cartoons, comics, racing games, pinball games the sonic treatment) or am I just standing on a mega man island alone.

Edited by RedEyEdJedi

  • Author
  • CB Team
10 hours ago, RedEyEdJedi said:

Mega man was a great character I’m surprised they don’t do more with him (ie. movies, cartoons, comics, racing games, pinball games the sonic treatment) or am I just standing on a mega man island alone.

There's so much they could do with Mega Man! I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten more. I recently tried to play the originals and I'm so bad at it now. Kids now don't know how hard games were back then lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.