Everything posted by Terry
-
[Giveaway]: Spider-Man: Brand New Day Prize Pack - Free Tickets, Statue, Shirt, & Comic!
"I'm glad you remembered the hyphen! Most people leave it out!" - Spidey to Electro, from MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR MAGAZINE, 2009
-
[GIVEAWAY] $100 Spider-Man: Brand New Day McFarlane Toys 1/6 Scale Spidey & Hulk Statue Pack
The Amazing Spider-Man #165 is my favorite comic, since it was my first Spidey comic. My grandpa bought it for me after my mom died when I was 7 years old. Lots of other great comics, shows, movies and games, but this one will always hold a special place in my heart.
-
[Giveaway] Fully Posable 14in LEGO Spider-Man Set!
I like all of the "modern" Spidey actors, but Tom Holland looks and acts like Peter Parker, so he gets my vote.
-
What 7 Shows Make Your Best Animated Superhero TV Shows of All Time List?
Agreed - great stories but cut short due to financial issues. Hopefully Disney will decide to continue it after the success of X-Men '97!
-
What 7 Shows Make Your Best Animated Superhero TV Shows of All Time List?
Spider-Man: The Animated Series X-Men: The Animated Series Batman: The Animated Series Teen Titans Invincible Wolverine and the X-Men The Tick
-
Are you excited for Scooby-Doo: Origins?
Adorable pup, and hopefully a better show than what we've seen recently (Scoob! and Velma).
-
Star Trek Almost Brought Captain Kirk Back for the best reason...
That would have been awesome! They should do it now: bring Shatner in as old Kirk, have him remembering it (like Gibbs in NCIS: Origins) and use the new actors from recent shows.
-
Daredevil seasons
I also 100% agree with this! Consistently good rather than "hit or miss" good :)
-
What's the best superhero TV show ending?
Oh I agree with you 100%, Nicole! I think they were in the "we're the final Arrowverse show, CW is cancelling us... why put in the effort?" Glad they did a decent finale though.
-
Are you planning to watch Lanterns?
I don't subscribe to HBO Max, but I'll definitely figure out some way to watch Lanterns!
-
What's the best superhero TV show ending?
For live action, I'll say "Superman and Lois." They actually got to do a finale, and gave Superman an ending, instead of a cliffhanger. I'll have to think about animated shows... so many are just dropped mid-story instead of properly ended.
-
What role do you want Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader to play in Star Wars' future?
Sparingly is 100% my feeling as well. It was cool seeing him in Ahsoka and Maul, but as great as the character is (shut up Filoni!) there are infinite possibilities for story-telling in the Star Wars universe that don't involve any of the Skywalker-related characters.
-
Stargate.. next series.
My wife's favorite Sci-Fi series! And I agree that it needs to reference the mythology, and even have a cameo or two, but it needs to be its own series.
-
Sam Witwer's just explained why Maul was so easy to beat - do you think he's right?
Agreed. Good explanation, but in the end "It's literally Darth Vader."
-
Who's Excited for VisionQuest?
Definitely excited for this one. As mentioned above, Wandavision and Agatha were some of the best MCU TV shows, so I expect Visionquest to be similarly great. And I agree, Secret Invasion was the only show I really didn't care for... the others all had something good about them.
-
What Classic TV Show Do You Want to See Rebooted -- Even If Only In Comics?
Gotta agree, Farscape would be great - any format (series, animation, or comic)!
-
Infinity Gauntlet Quest Line Stone Solutions & Catch-Up Mechanic - You Can Still Win A Real Infinity Gauntlet
Thanks for the list of tasks, Ben! Makes it a lot easier.
-
What's Everyone Playing This Weekend?
I'm playing Raid: Shadow Legends. Simple game that I've played for years. Good clan-mates to chat with, too. :)
-
Which comic characters should have remained dead? I'll start with Elektra.
Bucky Barnes - his death was such a big part of Captain America's story. Don't get me wrong, I like Winter Soldier, but...
-
What's the biggest crime of the X-Men movies?
Definitely Storm along with Rogue and Darwin.
- Star Trek TV
-
What is your favorite Mel Brooks project?
Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs... so many good flicks! But Blazing Saddles has to be my favorite, because I remember sitting in the back of my dad's pickup at the drive-in watching it when it first came out (yes I'm old). Pretty sure he thought it was a "normal" western 🤣
-
Punisher: One Last Kill Audio Problems
Finally got to watch it and yeah, I turned the volume up to 25 to hear the dialogue. Only had it about 17 for Daredevil season two. Definitely something they need to fix when the "repair" that CGI mistake!
-
[GIVEAWAY] Klassic Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero 7" Figures from McFarlane Toys
I'm going Sub-Zero!
-
What’s something you watched, read, or played this week that you’d recommend?
One of my friends from college came to visit last weekend, and he brought his original Hero Quest board game. It's been at least 20 years since we last played. We played all 14 quests while he was here - trying to plan another weekend so we can play through the expansion sets. It's hard to find the original game these days (I picked up several partial sets to make a full game a few years ago) but I hear there's a new version out now.