Everything posted by Amanda Kay Oaks
-
Next Pokemon That Needs a Z Mega Evolution
This is definitely a pipe dream at this point, but I'm still dreaming of Megas for all the Eeveelutions and meanwhile they're putting out alternate Megas for Pokemon that already have one lol. Otherwise, I think it'd be cool if the original starters got Z forms.
-
How Much Would You Pay For GTA 6 (Or Your Most Anticipated Game)?
I mean, when you think about how many games cost $70 up front, then put out paid DLC at around $20-30, a lot of games wind up in that zone eventually. Wouldn't be the worst thing to just include everything at the start and be up front about.
-
Favorite Nerdy Holiday Memory?
I would often ask for the latest new Pokemon game for Christmas, since they often came out a few months before the holiday. I have fond memories of unwrapping presents, then settling in to meet my new starter and start a new Pokemon adventure.
-
Who Are You Playing in Marvel Cosmic Invasion?
I still need to grab this one, but I'm looking forward to trying out all the different options! Love the X-Men so will definitely be checking out Storm and Phoenix first.
-
Giveaway: What nerdy thing are you hoping to get for Christmas?
I'm definitely hoping to round out my collection of Eeveelution Funko Pops this holiday season. I've got Eevee & the Kanto evolutions, but I need the rest of them!
-
How Much Would You Pay For GTA 6 (Or Your Most Anticipated Game)?
This is such a good question! I wouldn't pay anything for GTA 6 because I've never gotten into those games, but if we're talking Elder Scrolls 6... I didn't blink an eye at the price of Oblivion Remastered earlier this year, just checked right on out. So I think I'd easily drop $80 for it, though I'd probably start to raise an eyebrow if it got to be more than that. Raise an eyebrow, but still pull out the credit card most likely.
-
What's Your PERSONAL Game of the Year?
I definitely get that. There have been a lot of big games this year, but at the same time, a lot of the ones I was looking forward to the most either got delayed or didn't hit the way I wanted them to. I didn't get into Digimon Story: Time Stranger as much as I expected to, and Tales of the Shire was lovely but quite short.
-
What's Your PERSONAL Game of the Year?
With The Game Awards coming up in less than 2 weeks, I've been thinking about what my personal game of the year would be. A ton of great games came out in 2025 and the race for that official GOTY award is gonna be tough. But what wins your personal award for the best game you played in 2025? For me, I think it's probably Hades 2. But I also had a lot of fun with Tales of the Shire and Umamusume: Pretty Derby, so it's hard to choose!
-
A Defunct 1990s Game Franchise You Want Rebooted for Current Gen Consoles?
I want to see the Sailor Moon games from the '90s get a reboot and actually come to the West this time around!
-
Giveaway: What nerdy thing are you hoping to get for Christmas?
I'm hoping for a dice tray to make my D&D setup less chaotic. And I've had my eye on some nerdy ugly Christmas sweaters for a while, too.
-
What's a Thanksgiving Movie?
This is such a good question! Honestly, I can't think of any movies I really associate with Thanksgiving, though the Thanksgiving scene in 2002's Spider-Man is iconic (I see Cade beat me to the mention on this one, and I agree it thereby makes it a Thanksgiving movie). TV wise, The Mindy Project had a few fun and dramatic Thanksgiving episodes I like to revisit during the season.
-
Power puff girls
I have fond memories of watching Powerpuff Girls when I was young, as well. I'd love to see a movie that is a faithful return to the characters and vibes of the original, for sure!
-
What Black Friday gaming deals are you taking advantage of this year?
I already grabbed a cozy game I've been eyeing for a while from Steam (Galaxy Burger). Planning to check in on the PlayStation and Switch sales to see if I can grab anything that's on my backlog there, too. And I've started a list of D&D-themed gifts for my friends, because some of the lore books and such are on sale for Amazon's Black Friday week.
-
Forgotten 360 gems... The. Witcher 2
I missed out on the Witcher games back in the day, but your post is another reminder that I really need to go back for them at some point!
-
Switch 2 On Budget
As someone who tends not to be too bothered by graphics or bad frame rates unless they're super awful, I didn't expect to notice much. You can definitely tell the display is crisper, and games tend to run a bit better. The console itself is also a good bit larger, which I am personally not a fan of as its a bit heavier to lug around. The magnetic versus slide-in attachment for the Joy-Cons is nice. There's also the built-in microphone, which is nice if you want to play online games but otherwise not a huge factor. But honestly, the biggest thing I've noticed is the Joy-Con sensitivity is a lot better, so games like Fitness Boxing 3 are a lot more responsive and accurate than they were on the OG Switch.
-
What Anime Are You Most Looking Forward to in January?
My husband and I are working our way through the first season of Frieren, and I'm excited that season 2 is headed our way in January. Should be perfect timing for us to keep watching.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 4: JoanPault
Congrats! Pokemon and Marvel are big ones for me, too!
-
SNES question of the week ❓... Which Donkey Kong is the best? 1, 2, or 3??
I won't lie, my fondest Donkey Kong memories are of playing Donkey Konga. Hitting those bongo controllers was just way more fun than it had any right to be.
-
Switch 2 On Budget
I'm enjoying my Switch 2, but I think you can definitely still wait at this point. That said, Pokopia being for Switch 2 only was definitely the sell for me. I need that Pokemon cozy game in my life ASAP. Hopefully there will be some good holiday discounts on the Switch 2 soon that might make it more feasible for your budget!
-
Pokemon Day 2026 Wishlist. (Games, Anime, Merchandise, Bluray remaster.)
Definitely a lot of great wishlist items on here! I'm betting we'll definitely get that Gen 10 game announcement for Pokemon Day 2026, and hopefully a release date sometime in the same year with the 30th anniversary landing in 2026. I would also love it if they did a classic game collection, though I don't know how likely it is. I'm betting we get an announcement about more DLC for Legends: Z-A, along with an update on upcoming games like Pokopia and Pokemon Champions, as well.
-
The Super Mario Galaxy Movie Trailer Is Upon us! Are You Excited?
I still haven't seen the first one, so my hype level is mid. I do love Brie Larson, though, so I might need to catch up in time for this one next year.
-
What's an anime reboot that could beat out the original?
I'd love to see Yu-Gi-Oh get a solid remake, for sure!
-
A LEGO Set That Doesn't Exist - But Should...
I'd love to see some classic anime that I don't think they've done yet. I'm thinking Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z in particular would be fun, but personally, I'm here for tiny cat Kyo and friends from Fruits Basket.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 2: Nate1016!
Congrats, Nate!
-
Thought on Potential DLC and Voice Acting for Pokémon Legends: Z-A
I think the Mega Dimension DLC has some new story content headed our way in February 2026, but it's not clear just how much it'll be quite yet. The ending to Legends: Z-A definitely leaves some things open for more story, so I sure hope they keep up the momentum. Voice acting was a notable absence for the ending of the main story, for sure. I'd love to see them bring it in for the DLC, but I won't be holding my breath. Hopefully we'll get it in Gen 10!