Everything posted by Amanda Kay Oaks
-
The Future of Star Wars Movies - And The Hunt for Ben Solo
I definitely feel like Kylo Ren's story feels unfinished, so that Ben Solo movie would definitely be interesting. I can see why it didn't go through since fans were so frustrated at how his story ended in the movies, but that could've been a redemption arc. In general, I think the spin-offs have been doing more interesting stuff than those last big movies did. They should lean into exploring beyond just the same old Jedi story for a bit, I think.
-
Most Anticipated Winter 2026 Animes
I need to finish the first season of Frieren so I can be ready for Season 2!
-
Crashbancot 1 is fun would love to buy it off of playstion 4 and play
I've still never played the Crash Bandicoot games. Maybe someday!
-
If you could experience one movie all over again for the first time…
That's a tough one. I think I'd like to experience the Avengers: Endgame feeling all over again for sure. Marvel just hasn't hit like that since, and it's one of my most memorable theatrical release memories. But I also wouldn't say no to rewatching all of the X-Men movies for the first time, either.
-
The worst “expert” ever in a TV episode or movie?
Similar vein, but rewatching old episodes of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and watching Willow explain computer know-how is always hilarious. She also kind of seems to leave that behind once they focus more on her becoming a witch, so it's a bit of a plot hole in that we never really bring it up again.
-
Should Marvel Bring Back Ultimate Alliance for Next-Gen Consoles?
I'd definitely love to see more of this style of superhero game come back to modern consoles! I worry that devs are focused up on games like Marvel Rivals that have big multiplayer shooter appeal, but I think there are still plenty of people like me who'd prefer something more RPG-style like Ultimate Alliance.
-
Pokemon Legends: Z-A Reactions - What Do You Think?
At long last, Pokemon Legends: Z-A is here! Who all is playing it, and what do you think? Which starter did you pick? I personally have been having a lot of fun with it, especially spending way too much time with the photo mode at every cafe in Lumiose City.
-
What was the very first anime movie or tv series that you ever watched and what is the current anime you are currently watching?
I woke up early to catch Sailor Moon back when it aired at 6am, making it my morning person origin story. I also fell deep into Dragon Ball Z as a kid and loved Pokemon and Digimon. It's hard to say which came first, because the memories of those early anime all kind of blur together. Right now, my husband and I are watching Frieren and I'm eagerly looking forward to new episodes of The Apothecary Diaries. I've also been revisiting Vampire Knight.
-
A Movie That Genuinely Messed You Up As a Kid
I saw The Ring at a sleepover in middle school. My first and nearly my last horror movie, because it absolutely terrified me. But the one that really convinced me horror movies weren't for me was Stay Alive. As a big gamer, the whole "video game kills you in real life" premise was too much. I couldn't sleep for weeks after that one!
-
What is your favourite movie that you ever watched and what is your current favourite movie that you last watched?
Tobey's Spider-Man is definitely up there for me, too! I still try to watch it once a year. Same with the first The Princess Diaries and 2001's X-Men. I honestly don't watch too many movies these days with so much of my time going to games and books, so I'm pretty behind. Last one I remember really enjoying was probably Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and that's been three years haha.
-
A Cancelled Video Game You Still Think About… 🎮😢
A relatively recent development, but I'm still sad the Wonder Woman game got scrapped. Been too long since we've had a good female superhero game, and I was looking forward to that one.
-
What was the very first Pokemon game you ever played and what is the current Pokemon game your currently playing?
My first game was Pokemon Blue on the Game Boy, but the first one I really remember falling in love with was Pokemon Crystal. I'm currently playing Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sleep, and Pokemon TCG Pocket on mobile and got to dive into Pokemon Legends: Z-A for review here!
-
Which childhood toy/collectible do you wish you hadn’t lost or sold?
Some of my collectibles mysteriously vanished when I went away to college. I still wonder what became of my Fruits Basket Kyo plushie. I also regret that I always exchanged older gaming consoles at GameStop to get new ones. I would love to revisit some Nintendo DS games and wish I still had mine.
-
Should Game Companies Be Allowed to Remove Online Support for Games?
I think it's unfortunate, but pretty much impossible to avoid. Running servers comes with a cost attached, and there's going to come a point where it's not worth maintaining those servers. As others have said, clarity at the time of sale is helpful here, and I like the idea of informing customers of a specific earliest shutdown date that was suggested above. I think Ben's right that it could become predatory, so have a sort of agreement that the servers will be up for at least X amount of time before being shut down feels like a good way to ensure players can get what feels like their money's worth out of online features before they get pulled. Otherwise, what's to stop a game from shutting down shortly after launch if sales don't meet initial targets?
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
Oh gosh, I'm not sure I know which game was actually my first one. But the first superhero game I remember loving was Spider-Man 2 on PS2. The little side hero missions like saving the kid's balloon and delivering pizzas were classic, and webslinging through New York was just too good.
-
Highlighting Sega's Bold New Direction with Sonic - No Sonic Adventure Remakes, just new experiences and new characters
I definitely like the idea of moving away from straightforward remakes and instead doing something new like this, instead. Great idea!
-
Does Xbox Game Pass' Price Increase Change Your Feelings About Xbox?
With game prices going up, $30 a month is still more affordable than buying new games... provided you actually play enough games a month to justify it. I used to have Game Pass for PC even though we're a PS5/Switch household mostly. But I cancelled not long ago because I wasn't using it enough, and this makes it less likely I'm going back unless there are several games I really want to play on offer. With the console price increases and the move away from Xbox console exclusives already leaving many folks frustrated this year, this does feel like a puzzling move optics-wise.
-
top 3 most 🔥 n64 games... annnd go
Pokemon Snap is a good one! I rented that from Blockbuster so many times.
-
top 3 most 🔥 n64 games... annnd go
So many great games for the N64! I think my list is... Ocarina of Time Super Smash Bros Pokemon Stadium 2 Also spent a ton of time playing Mario Kart, but I almost always lost to my dad haha.
-
Change the Fate of a TV Character
Alice from Agatha All Along for me. I get that they wanted the show to have real stakes but it's just so cruel how things worked out for that woman and I'm still not over it.
-
You Have the Power to Release 1 2026 TV Show (or TV Season) Early in Fall 2025...
Honestly, it'd be the next season of Great British Bake Off for me. Yes, the current season is still ongoing, and yes I still want the next one early.
-
Marvel's Wolverine - Gameplay Trailer is Here!
I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm still not sold. The footage they showed was cool, but it was a lot of the same thing over and over again. I need to see a bit more of what the game has to offer besides stabbing stuff with adamantium claws. Looking forward to Insomniac showing off more of the game next year.
-
Potential for the potential special project for Pokemon anime.
I wish I could say for sure, but your guess is as good as mine at this point.
-
Potential for the potential special project for Pokemon anime.
This is definitely an interesting idea! I think it would be cool to see them redub the original. I'd especially love to see them fix one of the funniest English voice lines, where the trio is clearly eating rice balls but refer to them as "donuts." I know Pokemon is going to go in for the 30th anniversary pretty hard next year, so I think it's always possible we'll see something like this!
-
September 2025 PlayStation State of Play Predictions Thread
I feel like I often go into PlayStation State of Play showcases with fewer expectations than with others. I am definitely interested in seeing more from Wolverine, but I'm otherwise just kind of here to see what surprises me.