Everything posted by Amanda Kay Oaks
-
The Elder Scrolls Vl
I honestly think the success of Skyrim has Bethesda a bit stuck about making Elder Scrolls 6. No matter what they do, it's probably not going to meet the level of expectation that fans have built up. But I do agree, they need to balance keeping up with modern gaming improvements while staying true to the heart of the Elder Scrolls franchise if it's going to work.
-
How’s everyone spending the day today? Watching, reading, or catching up on something new?
I'm always off on Mondays, so nothing new for me there. I did the weekly grocery shop and got into some video games, splitting time between an action RPG and my current Switch obsession, Cozy Caravan.
-
So What About Those Pokemon LEGO?
Eevee I can resist, but if they put out an Umbreon, it's over for me lol.
-
Can a new Slayer live up to Buffy the Vampire Slayers legacy?
I think this is definitely a better move than a reboot. It'll be interesting to see how it goes, but I'm more hopeful about it than I would be if they were taking a different approach.
-
Animal Crossing 3.0 Reactions - Did It Bring You Back to the Game?
Yeah the LEGO stuff is great. I've already spent some bells on a few things lol.
-
Animal Crossing 3.0 Reactions - Did It Bring You Back to the Game?
Animal Crossing 3.0 is officially out in the world, along with the new Switch 2 edition. It seems like initial reactions from fans are kind of divided. Some are just excited to have new content, while others feel like it's not enough. Did 3.0 bring you back to Animal Crossing? What do you think of it so far?
-
What Do You Think of Sophie Turner's Tomb Raider First Look?
I think she looks great. Much more of a fit for the character than I initially thought when the casting was announced. Now that I've gotten into the games, I'm very excited to see this series come to fruition.
-
What Do You Think Of Marvel Rivals' Deadpool Reveal?
I think it's a fitting idea to try with Deadpool, and I love how they did the reveal. But I am curious to see how being able to swap between all 3 roles for him will work in practice.
-
What Recent Action Figure or Collectible Purchase Are You Most Hyped About?
I recently got a WandaVision Scarlet Witch Funko pop, so that was pretty exciting! I'm waiting for Apothecary Diaries and Frieren ones to be announced so I can add those to the collection, too. I'm running out of space to display them but that's a problem for future me lol.
-
So What About Those Pokemon LEGO?
After being teased last year, LEGO just revealed the first-ever Pokemon LEGO lineup yesterday. We've got Eevee, Pikachu, and the fully evolved Kanto starters to start, plus some bonuses for pre-orders. Eevee is $59.00, Pikachu with a PokeBall is $199.99, and the (already sold out for pre-order) Kanto trio is $650. What do you think of them? And the prices? Personally, I'm a little tempted by Eevee, but probably going to skip this first wave since I'm running out of space to display Eevee merch lol.
-
First movie you’ve seen/plan to see in 2026?
My first movie of the year was straight to Netflix, People We Meet on Vacation. I'm not sure what's going to get me out to theaters this year, though I will be trying to find a showing for another book-to-movie adaptation here soon. My favorite memoir, H is For Hawk, is coming out as a movie on January 23rd. But as I live out in a rural area I'm not sure if the limited theatrical release will be anywhere close enough for me to see it!
-
What comic, movie, or show did you enjoy this week?
Netflix released an adaptation of one of my favorite books, People We Meet on Vacation, on Friday. And I was thrilled to find that it was actually really solid.
-
What’s something fandom-related you’re looking forward to this week?
I'm gearing up for the big 3.0 update to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. And another cozy game I loved in early access, Cozy Caravan, hits Switch on the same day. Big week for the cozy gaming fandom lol.
-
Do you prefer jumping into a series early or waiting until there’s a backlog?
To finish Stranger Things, I would have to start Stranger Things haha. I'm just not that interested in it, to be honest, and the inescapable hype made me decide to skip it.
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
One of us! One of us! lol.
-
How do you decide when to stick with a series or drop it?
I find I often don't formally make the decision to abandon a series, whether it's TV, books, or gaming. I just tend to drift away if it stops interesting me, then look back and realize I never finished x or y series.
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
That's a great variety!
-
Favorite Video Game Genre(s)?
What types of games do you find yourself the most drawn to? I feel like some categories, like RPG or cozy game, get so broad they almost don't mean anything. So I'm curious - what kinds of games do you play the most? I love cozy games, but specifically, I'm a cooking sim/management sim fan. As for RPGs, I tend towards more fantasy-style action RPGs like Skyrim.
-
What New Games Are You Playing This January?
Sims 4 will definitely do that to you lol. I play it not at all for months, then it consumes my life for an entire week when I finally boot it back up.
-
Which Superhero Do You Think Quits Their New Year's Resolutions First?
Definitely agree with the Deadpool votes on this one.
-
What New Games Are You Playing This January?
I've got my eye on Arknights: Endfield, too. Definitely going to at least check it out.
-
Who's your faorite Doctor in Doctor Who?
I adore David Tennant's portrayal and credit it with really getting me hooked on the show. But Matt Smith will always have a special place in my heart.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
Yeah, if I put that on while also playing a cooking sim I tend to reach a true state of peace lol.
-
Do you prefer jumping into a series early or waiting until there’s a backlog?
I feel that. Sometimes I wait so long that I get sick of hearing about something and decide to skip it altogether, which is me with Stranger Things lol.
-
What's your go-to show to binge-watch?
I don't rewatch as often as I did when I was younger because I tend to throw on podcast episodes instead when I want background noise (shoutout to You're Wrong About and Maintenance Phase). But I will sometimes just throw on old seasons of Great British Bake Off and let that soothe my soul.