Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amanda Kay Oaks

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Amanda Kay Oaks

  1. A Kingdom Hearts replay is always a good time! I went back through the whole series a few years ago and I'm starting to feel due for another round lol.
  2. That's amazing! My office feels bland in comparison, but I do have a good bit of nerdy stuff around me while I work. My Kanto Eeveelution shelf is probably the most predictably on-brand part of the space though lol.
  3. Last weekend was super busy and I barely had time to game, so I'm looking forward to kicking back with some great games this weekend. What's everyone playing? I'm hoping to get back into Pokopia and take advantage of the warm weather to play some Pokemon Go.
  4. I don't have any insight into what Pokemon is planning, unfortunately, but I love this idea! I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of remake/return to the original anime in celebration of the anniversary. I was surprised how the anime didn't come up at all during the Pokemon Presents in February, so it's quite possible they're working on something. Guess we'll have to wait and see! P.S. the jelly donut/rice balls thing has bothered me for years. I'd love to see that fixed!
  5. I so wish I had held on to my Nintendo DS!
  6. It didn't quite hit for me, but I do also have a general tough time with the franchise these days due to JKR's behavior. Even so, the fact that so many costumes and set pieces are similar to the films made all the new actors feel weirdly out of place. I'm hoping it'll be good for the fans who are excited for it, but I'm not sure I'll be watching.
  7. Rocky Horror Picture Show. Just too chaotic and random for my taste.
  8. I was excited at first when I saw Stephen Colbert was involved since he's a fan. But then I read the synopsis, and I don't think it bodes well. I am curious about it still, but I'm keeping expectations low.
  9. Congrats! It fits in perfectly with the vibe. Love the collection!
  10. April is definitely less exciting for me compared to March, which has been a little overwhelming. I'm curious to see more from Pokemon Champions and I'm really looking forward to InKONBINI, a cozy shopkeeping sim that's coming out at the end of April.
  11. It definitely feels like a more versatile console than the Switch did, especially in the last few years. That said, I still think it's too big to make a good handheld compared to the size of the Switch.
  12. All the Switch 2 chatter has me curious to know what systems people are playing the most games on these days. Are your gaming hours mostly on PC? Mobile? A specific console? I do a lot of mobile gaming in the mornings while I have my coffee (Pokemon Sleep, TCG Pocket, Pokemon Go, Umamusume). But most of my dedicated gaming time is on console, mostly Switch 2 lately, but I also love my PS5. What about you?
  13. Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't announced one yet. But them pushing the new Switch 2 edition of Super Mario Wonder makes me think it's still a ways off.
  14. Definitely excited to see more exclusives for the Switch 2 going forward! Loving all the ports of older RPGs that wouldn't have worked well on the original Switch, but eager to see Nintendo up its own output. New Animal Crossing when?
  15. I'd be in the world of Frieren, so I think my survival would depend on whether I'd get her and Fern's powers as well or just be my usual self in a world full of scary monsters and demons lol.
  16. I'd love to run a cozy coffee shop slash bookstore a la Legends & Lattes.
  17. These questions are always tough for me because I immediately forget every item that has ever existed in every show, movie, etc. that I've encountered. I'm thinking Hermione's magically expanded bag from Harry Potter would be nice though. I do not travel light lol.
  18. Amanda Kay Oaks replied to Delphine's topic in General
    Hello and welcome!
  19. When it came out, Pokemon TCG Pocket was an instant hit. But I've heard a lot of folks have been dropping off the game in recent months. Personally I still have the game in my daily rotation, but I pretty much just pull my packs and call it a day. So I'm curious... how are folks feeling about the game at this point?
  20. I think it depends on how likely you are to play more Switch 2 games in the future. Since Nintendo will be releasing pretty much all new titles as Switch 2 exclusives going forward, it'll be worth it in the long run if you're a big Nintendo gamer. Pokemon Gen 10, like Pokopia, will be a Switch 2 game. But right now the catalog of Switch 2 exclusives is still pretty small, so that's definitely something to keep in mind. Pokopia is excellent and you'll easily get many, many gameplay hours out of it because it's massive. But the Switch 2 itself will only be worth it if you can see yourself wanting other games for it eventually, I think.
  21. That sounds like an absolute peak weekend experience!
  22. What a question! I think Pokemon Go is a good starting point for getting familiar with the basics of the critters, since it's a free mobile game. Same for Pokemon TCG Pocket for cards, specifically, especially in these times when it's hard to find packs in the wild. The first season of the OG anime is on Netflix, as well. Though I've heard that can be a hard sell for the younger generation because the pacing and style are quite different from today's animation. So you could start with the newest series, Pokemon Horizons. Also on Netflix. Hopefully this helps!
  23. The weekend is almost here. What games will you be playing? Personally, I'm still deep in my Pokopia obsession but I might dabble in the latest Elder Scrolls Online update, too.
  24. When I think PS2, I mostly think about playing DDR on a good old-fashioned dance mat. I really wish those games would make a comeback. Just Dance just isn't the same. Also wouldn't say no to a remake of Final Fantasy X, though it honestly still holds up pretty well in the remastered form they released a few years ago.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.