Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
I only have a small footprint in terms of physical comics these days, and an even smaller group of Blu-rays and DVDs. That said, our aux input in the car isn't working so I've been buying a lot of CDs! That said, overall I'm mostly digital for video games, comics, movies, and TV, but I'm also a huge tabletop and toys fan, so I legit have so much physical media around the house in that way. That's also why I try and go digital when I can, just due to space.
-
Anyone Picking Up Marvel's New Midnight Universe?
I have to agree with Spencer that this does feel very close to Absolute, but I also have to admit I'm really intrigued by several of the books haha
-
The First Ever ComicBook Nation All Things Comics Club! (8/19/26)
Over on ComicBook Nation, we've talked about a lot of comics over the years, and now we want to talk about even more on the CB Forum, but with you directly involved. That's why we are starting the ComicBook Nation All Things Comics Club, with a special shout-out to the awesome @NinDiego_64! Every week we'll reveal the 2 to 3 comics that will be discussed on the show, and each week we will also have a poll so you can have a vote on one of the books we'll be reading. This week I'll get things started with our three books for Friday's show, but make sure to check out the included poll that will decide one of next week's books as well! This week we are reading: Absolute Green Arrow #4, Avengers: Armageddon #3, and The Last Driver #1. You can tune in to this week's show on Friday to join along in the discussion, but also feel free to post your thoughts in this thread and let us know what you thought!
-
Did The X-Men MCU Cast Deliver?
D23 was stacked with announcements, but obviously the X-Men castings were one of the big moments of the night. The cast looks great so far, and gotta say I don't have an issue with any of them so far. Curious if we get Iceman, Angel, Beast, and Gambit soon to round out the team, but it's a stellar start. What do you think of the cast? Here's the full lineup: Christopher Abbott - Professor X Sadie Sink - Jean Grey Samara Weaving - Emma Frost Kit Connor - Cyclops Inde Navarette - Rogue Maya Boyd - Storm Adam Driver - Mister Sinister
-
Lanterns Debuts, What Did You Think of the First Episode?
What's up fellow ring slingers, Lanterns is finally here! You can read my full review of the series right here, but I really enjoyed the first episode and how it establishes the dynamic between John and Hal. Also loved that final twist and how it recontextualizes the show. Let me know what you thought!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi SpaceBoats, welcome to the forum! Which DC books have you gotten into lately, and who is your favorite DC hero at the moment?
-
What Do You Think of Marvel's X-Men Casting So Far?
I kind of need to see who ends up playing Rogue and Cyclops before I make up my mind, especially Cyclops. I haven't been sold on any of the mentioned candidates for that role yet, so right now I'm just cautiously optimistic
-
What's Your Favorite Wonder Woman Costume?
I've really enjoyed several Wonder Woman costumes over the years, though right now my favorite is the Absolute Wonder Woman costume. It's just so different and yet it captures Wonder Woman completely. I also love her modern take on the classic costume, and an honorable mention is the New 52 Wonder Woman costume, which looked amazing in Cliff Chiang's art style.
-
Which Superman Costume Is Your Favorite?
My main answer to this is that when Dan Mora draws Superman, it's instantly my favorite. I think I prefer the modern suit best, which is just an updated take on the classic costume. Now, two honorable mentions here if we are going a little more out there with the designs. First, Michael Turner's Godfall suit is wild but actually rules. Second, I will always have a soft spot for the Electric Blue Superman suit. It just looks so flipping cool.
-
Wonder Man Cancelled
I was surprised that they cancelled it since they literally just announced it, but if I'm honest, it's not something we actually need. The series was amazing, but it also exists perfectly as a one-off, so I'm not as frustrated by it as others are.
-
Doomsday feels like doodoosday
Did you really write doodoosday?
-
Which DC Superhero Has the Most Iconic Costume?
It's difficult not to go with Superman here. Batman is the most popular DC character, but Superman and Wonder Woman to me more represent the heart of DC Comics, and regardless of what era you're from or your exposure to comics, the moment you see a picture of Superman's costume, you know exactly who it is.
-
Samara Weaving Cast in X-Men
Amazing casting. Emma Frost is one of my favorite X-Men characters, and she will knock that role out of the park!
-
Surprised By Spider-Man's Massive Box Office?
I'm with you in that I thought it would be successful, but I didn't think THAT successful right off the bat. Positive word of mouth and great reviews helped, but still incredibly impressive.
-
Hot Take: Sinister Six is the best villain team up idea!
I think I agree with you that a group like the Sinister Six works immensely well regardless of lineup due to their shared history with Spider-Man. I feel the same way about Batman's rogues gallery, though while they do work together at times, they don't go as far as forming a team, so the Sinister Six gets the upper hand in that regard.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi SamKen01, welcome! That's a heck of a one-two punch, and I'm a big Moon Knight and Spidey fan myself. Do you have a favorite Spider-Man story or era?
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi Myles, welcome to the forum! Which Spider-Man from the movies is your favorite? I think Tom Holland has won me over at this point as my favorite, but I do also love Andrew Garfield's portrayal as well.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hi Arianna, welcome to the forum! I'm a huge Moon Knight fan as well, and really enjoying the current MK and Superman runs. As for recommendations, I have truly enjoyed the new Iron Man series, and the Captain America series has been really good as well. On the DC side, I adore Absolute Wonder Woman, and the Green Lanterns books have been stellar as well.
-
Which Marvel Hero Has the Best Supporting Cast?
Spider-Man's supporting cast is hard to beat, but my favorite is hands down Captain Marvel. Her inner circle of Spider-Woman, Tony Stark, Lauri-Ell, Hazmat, and Rhodes is fantastic, as is her extended circle of friends in the X-Men. Some of my favorite Marvel scenes happen when they all get together.
-
Will Disc Drives Make a Difference in Your Next-Gen Console Decision?
I was already heavily digital in the PS4 era, but the PS5 era has almost been entirely digital. While I totally understand why some are upset with no physical games, I'm already very much in that infrastructure. I'll also probably stay with PlayStation as well unless Xbox does something drastic in terms of their games library and overall approach. Outside of a few games, they just don't cater to the games I like to play.
-
Marvel's New EIC
I think it's a needed step in a new direction for Marvel, even if it's going to be a little chaotic for a bit.
-
Brand New Day Post-Credits Scene: What Do You Want to See?
I want to see them reveal the next major hero in the Spider-Man franchise, and he's the one who takes on Doctor Doom... DARKHAWK!
-
Which Board Games Have the Most Replayability?
That's from Prospero Hall/Funko Games right? Pan Am is awesome
-
Which Board Games Have the Most Replayability?
Mousetrap is a classic for a reason! We also love Trouble in this house
-
What Do You Want To See Most In Lanterns Season 2?
This is one of those topics that is challenging to talk about a bit without seeing season 1, but just from the lead characters in season 1 and the True Detective vibe they seem to be going for, what would you like to see them do in season 2? Do you want a full-on sci-fi show, or different Lantern leads? If so, who do you want to be included? Personally, I'm a massive Kyle Rayner fan, and while Gunn is evidently not his biggest fan, he should still be a factor in the series in season 2. Same goes for Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, and if I had to draft two other Lanterns to be in the mix, I'd say Volk (the volcano head Lantern) and Jo Mullein.