Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
If You Could Have Your Dream Creative Team On Your Fave Character, What Would Your Dream Book Be?
Ron Marz could probably do some awesome stuff with Darkhawk, great pick! Also love the Johns and Hitch team on Captain America. Would love to see what they could do.
-
What Could Happen to Pokemon Cards & TCGs if GameStop's Bid to Buy eBay Goes Through?
If it actually happens, this could be the thing that saves GameStop and keeps it around for another decade. That said, the CEO's recent comments don't exactly give me hope. I hope, regardless of what happens, that TCG Player sticks around.
-
How Long Should Networks Give TV Shows Before Cancelling Them?
Wow Nick, you finally saw the light! You should agree with me more often
-
D@D
Hey hey, big fan of D&D! Also just started a new campaign with some friends where I'm pretty much playing a Ninja Turtle, which is ridiculously fun.
-
What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?
It's actually pretty fun! However, I stole a car before I was given one and then ended up realizing there's a whole like prison gameplay switch where you have to serve the time and go through all of the sequences of a prison day before you can get out. You can pay your fine, which I ended up doing on day 3, but it's CRAZY expensive. I will never steal a car again lol
-
What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?
Heard great things about Pragmata! Not sure when I'll get around to trying it but thinking of downloading the demo.
-
How Long Should Networks Give TV Shows Before Cancelling Them?
I feel like 3 seasons is about as perfect as you get as far as enough time to find an audience and also wrap up your story in a satisfying way if you can't get a big enough audience to continue forward.
-
Is The Boroughs a secret Stranger Things spinoff?
I cannot handle another conspiracy, as I've already been convinced that The End of Oak Street is secretly a Cloverfield Universe movie. IT ALL CONNECTS!
-
Which Skeletor Origin Do You Want To See in Masters of the Universe?
Personally I am a proponent of knowing someone's cereal preferences, even a villain like Skeletor. LET US HAVE OUR CEREAL DETAILS SOLOMON!
-
The Game You Always Come Back To
My daughter and I have been building houses in Minecraft over the past month, and it's so fun! Can't seem to figure out how to keep the random monks from just walking into our house though lol
-
The Game You Always Come Back To
Pandemic is such a great series, and Resident Evil is another of my favorites for sure.
-
What Tabletop and Board Games Are You Looking Forward To Most In May?
Those scalper videos are always nuts to watch. So frustrating that they are able to keep product out of fans and players' hands.
-
What Tabletop and Board Games Are You Looking Forward To Most In May?
Really dig the series so I'm excited to see what they do with the game!
-
HBO's Harry Potter Reboot is adding another character not in the movie (and changing the ending)!
I'm mostly always fine with there being changes made to an adaptation, as long as it makes it more interesting and isn't just for the sake of changing something.
-
Would you prefer Oscar Isaac's Moon Knight to return for another solo project or as part of the Midnight Sons?
I'd personally like a season 2, mostly because while I enjoyed the show, I wanted the series to start pretty much where season 1 ends, so a season 2 would be the show that I was hoping for all along.
-
Batman Is Overrated—And Not Even the Most Interesting Character in His Own Stories
I agree with Nicole, in that I think Batman is oversaturated, and it's the same in the toy world. That said, the problem is that Batman sells, so it's kind of a never-ending cycle of we don't need more Batman stuff, but people keep buying Batman stuff, so then we get more Batman stuff.
-
What are you currently reading?
I need to watch Legend of Korra as well
-
Comic book brick and mortar stores
There aren't as many as there used to be, but there are still plenty of local comic stores around. Here in Indiana, I really like Comic Carnival and Downtown Comics, and just found a store named Retro Comics that's cool as well. I used to live in Nashville and frequent Rick's Comic City as well. I have three rules when I move to a new place, and that's to find a game store, a comic store, and a Chinese buffet. Can't go wrong when you find all three in the same city haha.
-
Comic book brick and mortar stores
I'm from Houston and used to visit Bedrock City all the time! Loved that store
-
What is your favorite Chess set of all time?
For me it would probably be this DC Chess Set. It looks awesome, and it's got two of my favorites in Batgirl and Huntress. That said, if they made a WWE Chess set, I would almost instantly buy haha
-
Free Comic Book Day Hauls
My daughter and I went and picked up a bunch of free comics as well as some books I've been wanting to get, both for reading as well as for decor for the new office. We picked up the Energon Universe 2026 Special, Something Is Killing the Children Road to Slaughter #1, Spidey & His Amazing Friends #1, Dungeon Crawler Carl #0, Power Rangers #0, Garfield #1, Stitch #1, Jim and the Holograms/My Little Pony Flipbook #1, and The Whole Wide World of Mabel Mulligan #1. I also picked up some Absolute Wonder Woman issues, Zatanna #1, and the newest issue of Something Is Killing the Children.
-
What Tabletop and Board Games Are You Looking Forward To Most In May?
For all my board game and tabletop people, what games are you looking forward to in May? There are some great games hitting this month, and the ones I'm looking forward to most are The Witcher: Path of Destiny - Ronin, Flash Point: Golden State Heroes, We're Sinking: A Pirate's Dilemma, Bluey Fancy Restaurant (which is sure to be a hit with my daughter), and in TCG land, Disney Lorcana: Wilds Unknown and Riftbound Unleashed. Which games are the most exciting for you? May Highlights: This Game Is Killer: Frozen Horror Flash Point: Golden State Heroes Munchkin: Vox Machina LA-1 Trial of the Gods VNTYPL8S 3 Witches CATAN – Zip! We're Sinking: A Pirate's Dilemma The Witcher: Path of Destiny - Ronin Purrramid Heat: Legends Bluey Fancy Restaurant Game Bluey Grannies Game Bluey The Creek Pop Wilds Unknown May 15 Riftbound Unleashed May 8th
-
What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?
Just started playing Neverness to Everness and really like it a lot! The combat feels fun and love that you can interact with the city more and drive around. Still looking for that evergreen game that sticks (that isn't Marvel Rivals lol).
-
The Game You Always Come Back To
Over the past year, I've gone back to games like Marvel Rivals, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Disney Lorcana, and WWE SuperCard quite a bit. Recently my daughter got into Minecraft so we are playing that a lot as well. As for franchises, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, WWE 2K, Riftbound, and Unmatched tend to be my returning favorites.
-
Comics Lost
I had a number of Masters of the Universe figures when I was really young, but they were given away at some point. I had a lot of them too, so at least a few of those would probably have been worth something, but also would just love to have them on the shelf now.