Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Which DC Character or Property Would Be The Best Fit For Travis Knight?
After Travis Knight threw out the comedic call to James Gunn, it got me thinking about which DC character or property would be the best fit for him. I think I have to side with the online calls for him to do a Shazam movie, but I think he would also be a great fit for something like The JSA. What DC project would you want to see him work on?
-
Fake E3 Didn't Deliever
I never had the chance and bummed I didn't get to go at least once.
-
What's your favorite Avengers line-up in the comics?
I really loved the New Avengers lineup that featured Captain America, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Iron Man, and Sentry. I also really enjoyed the recent Jed MacKay lineup that featured Captain Marvel, Storm, and Black Panther.
-
What's a movie you wish had gotten a sequel (but it bombed at the box office)?
It's criminal that it didn't do better, pretty much exactly what you would want from a D&D movie
-
What's a movie you wish had gotten a sequel (but it bombed at the box office)?
100% agree on this. Underrated movie for sure, and it's a shame it didn't get a sequel.
-
Who is your favorite live-action Spider-Man?
Until No Way Home, it was probably Andrew Garfield, but after his growth in that film, it's probably Holland now.
-
Which Pixar movie that never got a sequel actually needs one?
I would totally watch a sequel to Brave as well, but WALL-E just feels like it lends itself to a sequel to see how the world recovers
-
Go to the movies!
I've seen Obsession and Masters of the Universe so far this summer, and will be seeing Supergirl, Minions, and Toy Story 5 soon. That's a lot of movies for me lol, so I'm doing my part.
-
Go to the movies!
Obsession was amazing!
-
True or False: Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best video game ever.
Great game but have to disagree on best game on the system.
-
Showcase Week Is Over, So... What Are You Most Excited For?
Resident Evil: Veronica, Final Fantasy VII: Revelation, Wolverine, God of War: Laufey, Gears: E-Day, and Spyro are at the top of my list. I'm curious about Fable, but not going to lie, it's still not completely won me over. Feel like I'm missing some of the charm of the originals.
-
Fake E3 Didn't Deliever
I came away pretty hyped for several games, and even ones that I'm not going to play anytime soon (Gears, Zelda). Nothing is ever going to really replace E3, but as a whole still saw a lot of great things that I'll be playing throughout the year.
-
Do character deaths even matter anymore?
For me it's just part of comics, and honestly, that also extends to TV and movies. Most deaths are still impactful if handled correctly and not done just for shock value, so it only really bothers me when that's clearly not the case. I think the death of Ms. Marvel was handled terribly, while the death of Hal Jordan was handled quite well.
-
Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra is playable! But has it missed its chance?
The more time goes by, the more I feel like this is going to get cancelled. Really cool premise, but I've put this out of my mind essentially until it's out in stores.
-
Anyone else think that the Krakoa era of X-men is one of their worst?
Couldn't disagree more, and for me, it's one of my favorite eras of X-Men. When you contrast it to what was happening before it and what came right after, it's like night and day, and even when compared to some of my favorite eras, it's right there with them. Love how full of unique ideas it was and how it actually gave a new layer to mutant abilities and society. But hey, to each their own. I'm the person who isn't that big a fan of New X-Men, so I totally get not feeling something.
-
What's the Deal With Xbox Exclusives?
As an avid Gears fan who only owns a PS5, the franchise and other exclusives are never going to be enough to get me to buy another console, and even if I did get another one, it would be a Switch 2. That's why I was excited when E-Day was rumored to be a multiplatform release, and it's truly a bummer that it's now exclusive to Xbox. I can't blame them though, and it makes sense if you want to re-emphasize the Xbox as a console. Still bummed I won't get more Gears on PlayStation.
-
Are you excited for Wonder Woman's prequel show?
So much has been done with the Amazon lore in the comics, so I'm excited to see if they can capture some of that in a live-action show. That said, it doesn't replace my hopes for an actual Wonder Woman solo movie, so hopefully more details arrive on that soon.
-
Summer Game Fest Reactions
I have been wanting a Resident Evil: Code Veronica remake fr so long, and it's finally becoming a reality! Simply cannot wait. They haven't missed with any of the RE remakes, and expect this to be the same.
-
Summer Game Fest Reactions
I did not see the Tifa announcement coming, but so hyped to see her join the Street Fighter roster.
-
Are you excited for Scooby-Doo: Origins?
I was already excited for a new Scooby-Doo based on the property alone, but combined with the excellent casting and adorable pup, I am 100% all in. Should be incredibly fun, and that's ultimately what I want from a Scooby-Doo project.
-
What are your unpopular DC movie opinions?
Wonder Woman is the best DCEU film, and Ben Affleck's Batman is the best movie Batman. If they hadn't gone all in with a Ryan Reynolds Hal Jordan, so much of the rest of Green Lantern actually works, and Mark Strong is THE Sinestro in every way.
-
What are your unpopular DC movie opinions?
I really enjoy Dark Knight Rises, though I will say Batman Begins is my favorite movie in the Nolan trilogy (I said what I said!). I enjoyed Birds of Prey, but just thought it could have been so much more without the Harley focus. I simply need Babs in some form on my Birds of Prey teams.
-
What are your unpopular MCU opinions?
All of the time travel stuff was much longer than I preferred. I would have been fine with more montage scenes of them grabbing the stones and then moving on, which would cut a substantial amount of the runtime right off the bat. The same with the build-up to getting the team back together. While parts of all those scenes were fine, there's so much there that just drags down the pace of the film, and much of it doesn't ultimately have a major impact on the third act anyway. That's just me though, and I know i'm in the minority overall.
-
Are You Excited For The New Green Ranger Series?
There's a new Power Rangers series titled Power Rangers Green based on an older version of Tommy Oliver, the Green Ranger, though these days he isn't a Ranger any longer, and he lives in the hollowed-out DragonZord. While we've seen the premise of an older Green Ranger before, this feels pretty different in terms of tone and approach. Are you excited for Power Rangers Green, and what do you want to see in a Green Ranger series?
-
Which Franchises Would You Love To See Cross Over in a Game?
One of the things I love about the UniVersus card game is that you can play any deck that's part of the system against the others, and the roster is huge. Godzilla, TMNT, Critical Role, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, and more are all a part of it, and Invincible comes next year. If you could have two franchises cross over in a game, what would those franchises be and why?