Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Hunt

Banned
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by James Hunt

  1. I think it looks ok. I haven't loved a Waititi movie in a decade, so am wary, especially reading all the comments about the tone being very different from the book, which is apparently super sad and moving, so hopefully that's just marketing and we do get more of the emotional stuff he did so well with Wilderpeople. Would certainly be nice to have that version of him back. I also really want to have Amy Adams in a great movie again, because she's been on a run of stinkers for years now and deserves far better
  2. Sure, why the hell not, I think Zendaya is so good she can do just about anything and it'd be cool to see her in an action role, though I would've liked another Matt Damon Bourne movie
  3. Yeah. I can see a few with sort of similar cases - Damon, Malkovich if he's lead, Turturro to a degree - plus then a few other heavyweights and rising stars will be in contention, like Gosling, but... Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise. Also, aside from him, the rest of Digger's cast is STACKED as well.
  4. I was more excited before I saw Spencer's review. Rude of him tbh. (I'm still looking forward to it, think it looks fun, and, yes, Krypto, which is the most important part.)
  5. Agreed, I'm excited to see Cruise the actor again after years of Cruise the action star (which is also great). I'll be shocked if he doesn't get an Oscar nomination if it's as good as it looks/sounds, and while I think that's going to be a stacked category next year with several "they're overdue" candidates, the narrative around him finally getting one might be hard to beat
  6. The show has been renewed for Season 6, while Jack Quaid has been cast in Season 5 as Gravitator. Are you excited about that, and what do you want to see from the show next?
  7. The first trailer just dropped (here) giving us a look at the Joker, Riddler, and a lot more villains. I think it looks good, how about you?
  8. As part of a retrospective video on Cruise's career, we got around 30 seconds of Digger footage (https://comicbook.com/movies/news/tom-cruises-wildest-movie-in-years-revealed-in-new-digger-footage-watch-now/). Looks wild, I can't wait. What do you think?
  9. Also need the obligatory mention of Angel episode "I Will Remember You" for this discussion, which still destroys me every time and is exactly why Angel is the answer
  10. Yeah, I agree on it not being close - at no point did I ever think otherwise. Spike is still great, and was an interesting pairing for the darker Buffy post-resurrection, but I never bought into their love the same way I did Buffy and Angel (and, of course, the assault stuff in Season 6 is very hard to look past in their story)
  11. Same, it really made us care about Bonnie in a way we were never invited to with Andy. I'm not sure it would've been necessary or worked with him, tbf, since for a big part of the audience it was about growing up with him and that (plus the story) meant it wasn't needed, but it fit perfectly here. Doing that + shifting focus to Jessie is what makes this great, and elevated it above Toy Story 4 for me (which I am also a big fan of).
  12. Totally - from seeing the first four, I think this feels like it should've been a classic GOT Episode 9 and the next ep would've made more sense as a season finale, then Episode 3 is like the REAL beginning of Season 3. Silly from HBO, but I still massively enjoyed it
  13. Inspired by this list (http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/list/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-all-buffys-7-love-interests-ranked/), who do you think was Buffy's best love interest? I've been Team Angel since the beginning and that's not changing
  14. Matt Damon is the King of Cameos so I think he has to be the answer, but I would go for him in Eurotrip. Incredibly committed, funny performance (and Scotty Doesn't Know remains a banger)
  15. Loved it. Hilarious and emotional - the Jessie/Emily stuff and then Bonnie/Blaze both wrecked me, just wonderful
  16. The show is back with a bang (I broke down the ending here) - what did you think of the Battle of the Gullet, the death, and everything else that went down in the premiere?
  17. ... Nope 😅
  18. Boromir's death, entirety of Helm's Deep, Sam's "I can carry you," Ride of the Rohirrim, lighting of the beacons, "you bow to no one," everything with Legolas and Gimli, and basically just all 11+ hours really
  19. Yeah, how it would parody Bond when that changed so much because of this is a big question I have. Agree with you on all counts, including that I'd still watch it
  20. I don't think you've missed out on anything, but also I saw this tweet and I think it summed it all up for me (except add a few years on 😫):
  21. Mike Myers said a fourth movie is happening - but do you want it? Can the franchise work today, or is it better left as a product of its time?
  22. I have no real interest myself but one of my friends is obsessed with hockey romance books (and all other kinds of romance smut tbf) and now the shows, to the point her and other friends now regularly go to hockey games, so I think that's pretty fun and it's cool that audience is being served in such a major way. And if that success then works/translates with how they approach some other major book genres then even better
  23. I love them all, 3 has the emotion, I love the expanded scope of 2, but it's still the original Toy Story for me. There is just a pure, simple magic and joy to that film that hasn't been beat
  24. I still have hope. First movie did decent business, character is going to be part of Doomsday/Secret Wars, and Marvel is obviously very high (rightly so) on Destin Daniel Cretton, would be an easy movie to make for Phase 7
  25. It looks decent, but I still need some convincing - first two movies are great but I don't really care about the third and fourth ones

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.