Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Hunt

Banned
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by James Hunt

  1. As we approach the halfway point of the year, what are the best things you've watched on TV so far? My top 2 would be The Traitors UK Season 4 and The Pitt Season 2 (not sure on which order), with A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms in third
  2. Star Wars has finally returned to releasing movies in May, something Disney has been trying and (mostly) failing to do since buying Lucasfilm. But do you prefer it as a summer blockbuster, or a Christmastime movie? I had a blast with Mando & Grogu and think it probably works better here, but there was something very special and extra exciting about Episodes 7 and 8 at Christmas
  3. What are your unpopular opinions? I have several, but a couple I'll throw out to start would be that Iron Man 3 is, like, a top 7 MCU movie, and Thor: Ragnarok is very overrated
  4. Which great trailer convinced you a movie was going to be good, and then it absolutely wasn't? The obvious example is Suicide Squad, I'd throw out just about any Zack Snyder movie (Watchmen; Man of Steel movie isn't bad but it's nowhere near the level of its trailer), Terminator Salvation I was wrongly excited by
  5. As hype builds for Disclosure Day, what are your Top 10 Spielberg movies (narrowing it down to just one seemed too difficult). I have a lot of affection of Hook, but if I were looking at his 10 best, it'd probably be: 10) AI/Minority Report tie 9) West Side Story 8) Catch Me If You Can 7) Close Encounters of the Third Kind 6) E.T. 5) Schindler's List 4) Saving Private Ryan 3) Jaws 2) Raiders of the Lost Ark 1) Jurassic Park That top 3, arguably top 6, could be in just about any order for me though
  6. Toy Story was great. Toy Story 2 was great. Toy Story 3 was great. Toy Story 4 was great. I think Toy Story 5 has a good chance of being great.
  7. In terms of movies, it's probably Brand New Day in terms of excitement, X-Men in terms of intrigue, Shang-Chi 2 in terms of "please just fucking make this already come on guys." On the TV show front it's Wonder Man Season 2
  8. Yeah, I've been listening to it quite a bit since release, it's so good - "Shakari" is a banger, and I love that he's a non-John Williams composer who has managed to do something with Star Wars that truly has its own clear identity rather than just being similar to John Williams
  9. Probably Watchmen or (not exactly a superhero, but still) The Penguin. Also loved Daredevil Season 3's finale, though it's technically no longer an ending.
  10. For this year, I think Supergirl has a slight edge over Brand New Day for me right now. In terms of everything on the horizon, then it's The Batman 2 by a mile
  11. I have fairly fixed "tiers" of the movies, with the exact order moving around a bit within each of them, but right now my ranking (worst to best) would be: 12) TROS 11) AOTC 10) TPM -------- 9) ROTS 8) Solo 7) Mando & Grogu -------- 6) Rogue One 5) TFA ------ 4) ROTJ 3) TLJ -------- 2) Star Wars 1) Empire
  12. The first trailer for Vought Rising, The Boys' new prequel series, just dropped (https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/2-days-after-the-boys-finale-soldier-boy-stormfront-return-in-first-trailer-for-vought-rising/). There's always a risk of overexplaining with this stuff, but seeing more of Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy looks fun, and Stormfront is a good villain. What do you think?
  13. Had a blast. It's by no means a perfect movie, but it's very entertaining from start to finish, and Grogu is just ridiculously adorable and an all-time great Star Wars character
  14. Can't wait for "Somehow, Homelander returned"!
  15. I would've liked for it to have more episodes to allow more room for the new characters to develop, maybe not 22 like the old days, but 15 or something that's in-between traditional network and streaming. They were the weakest part of Season 1, and while I think Season 2 will improve as a whole by having more of Dr. Cox, it's a double-edged sword as it does mean that'll still be difficult to balance. That goes for the new doctors/nurses and perhaps even more so the patients, I don't think we got enough time with them or any who stood out enough
  16. Yeah, they mostly pulled it back. Agree they left a lot of things open - I'll be shocked if we don't get present-day Soldier Boy scenes in Vought Rising, wouldn't be surprised if there was a "Ryan still has powers!" reveal somewhere, Starlight and Hughie could easily turn up in The Boys: Mexico or something (I don't want these things, to be clear), and I hope we'll get more of the Gen V characters somewhere
  17. Absolutely, I haven't read the comics (and it ends up deviating a fair bit from what I know)
  18. The Boys has now wrapped up after five seasons. I thought the ending was solid. I wish there'd been a lot more time for everything, as it felt rushed and things weren't given the necessary room to breathe, but in terms of where each character ended up, it stuck the landing for me. What did you think?
  19. Man, there are so many 😅 I love everything you mentioned from TLJ, Luke's death scene is incredible, but my favourite is actually the opposite scene: the binary sunset from A New Hope. The sense of yearning, the setup for adventure, the visuals and that music, the feeling of something so much bigger and grander about to begin yet also an intimate sense of character, it's perfection and if I had to distill Star Wars down to one single scene, I'd pick that
  20. I can definitely see it using elements of it, either just in this movie or with some setup for Parts 2/3, especially casting ScarJo - you'd think there's some real meat to that role. Would fit with it being a villain who hasn't been in a movie before, and might make sense of both its October release and the winter settings from the photos if we get killings on Halloween, Christmas, etc
  21. Absolutely. Liked the first trailer, liked the new trailer, never really understood the backlash 🤷‍♂️
  22. Again, sort of depends on the story and context but I didn't really mind Filoni's comments and would probably (mostly) agree with him, ha, if we're talking pre-ROTJ stories with him
  23. It really depends on what the project is and how it's done so this is certainly open to change, but making a snap judgment, my answer to "what role?" is... none. It's lovely for him that he was able to come back and find a sense of redemption, but I just don't think we particularly need to see more of that iteration of Anakin/Vader - both Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, in different timelines, felt like they offered enough closure on that front for me. I prefer Vader to be used sparingly, ideally like in Rogue One, Rebels, and Shadow Lord where he just comes in as a Force of nature boss-level threat, and there's nothing more I need from Anakin's story at this point
  24. Maybe George Lucas was right all along 😅
  25. Yeah, go back to where things were around the Super Bowl... this feels like a win. Obviously that terrible marketing was all part of the plan to lower expectations, genius 😉

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.