Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Hunt

Banned
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by James Hunt

  1. Yeah, I agree with that - I'm fine with no Justice League (or Aquaman, for that matter) until the 2030s
  2. Not for me, Jeff. I'm already tired of variants and "multiple versions"
  3. James Hunt replied to KOutlaw's topic in Movies
    Yeah, I'm not sold on the movie, but this is perfect casting
  4. Eh, I think the DCEU rushing into Justice League is what caused that problem though (well, it was one factor), so I'd rather take a lot more time here and have more movies like Superman. I don't even want another Batman, ha, I just want Reeves' movies there, and would rather have the DCU Batman after that's totally done, but I know that's not going to happen (and I still trust James Gunn to get it right and do something different enough).
  5. The Dead by Daylight movie is making progress as it just landed a director. Are you excited for it? Can it work on screen, and what does it absolutely need to include/get right?
  6. Peter Safran gave an update on the DCU slate, including saying they know they're headed in the direction of Justice League eventually, but they're not really talking about it yet. He also mentioned Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and that the Gorilla Grodd show (the Jimmy Olsen/villains mockumentary-style series) will start filming this year. What are you excited for from the DCU, what projects do you want to see happen, and when should they even start to think about doing the Justice League again?
  7. Also weekly, for the most part - makes things feel like more of an event, builds more conversation, and I remember more about the shows after digesting for a week, which usually means I like them more. Comedies I'm probably more inclined to binge though
  8. James Hunt replied to KOutlaw's topic in Movies
    Ryan Gosling (obviously not just him but I do think Starfighter will be a hit, and if it isn't that's when I'll worry about the franchise)
  9. It's weird to say no to Spielberg, but... no. Certainly, not based on some of the plans that've been talked about/revealed over the years: animated movie, condensing multiple books into one film, American cast. I think it worked out well
  10. I have no strong take on this because there aren't any I really want, so I'll also go with A Bug's Life given the lower risk, higher reward factor. That said, most Pixar's track record with sequels is mostly good (Cars the exception but kids like it and it's blatantly done for merch, Monsters University was a bit eh, but Toy Stories, Incredibles 2, Inside Out 2, Finding Dory, all hit), so I'd probably trust them with whatever
  11. You'd think this wouldn't be so difficult, and yet... But otherwise, yeah, good time for cinema and the box office (as a whole thing, not just based around one hit) is starting to look healthier
  12. Edgar Wright's Ant-Man actually happens
  13. Pixar just does not miss with this franchise!
  14. I don't think anyone involved would be saying "just have fun" if the build-up had... actually been strong and cohesive. Like you say, it's one of the foundations the MCU is built on (and talking about what's next and what's set up and what it all means was sometimes more fun than the movies themselves).
  15. I think I'd prefer it take a longer hiatus at this point. Take some time, find the right person to run it with great, fresh ideas, and make it feel like a really big event when it comes back. Not to the same level of gap as between classic and nuWho or anything, but at least a couple more years would be fine imo. I think there's too much frustration and disappointment with it after the 1-2 punch of Chibnall and RTD2 to rush it back.
  16. Yeah, that's up there for me as well, it was so much fun and clearly had a ton of sequel potential. The scene with Chris Pine's character playing the lute and the illusion spell breaks is among the funniest of the decade, deserved a sequel for that alone
  17. The first trailer has just been released. As first looks go, it's definitely not up there with The Social Network's trailer (which is one of the greats), and Sorkin doesn't have the same directing sauce as Fincher, but I still think it looks good and can't wait to see Jeremy Strong's full performance as Zuckerberg. What do you think?
  18. In what should be a surprise to no one, the first reactions to Toy Story 5 are extremely positive. Are the cynics and doubters ready to admit they were wrong? Are you more hyped for the movie after seeing the praise?
  19. Jurassic Park. Its combination of awe, wonder, and terror is pure, perfect movie magic. That said, since he dislikes it and no one really talks about it, I am obligated to also mention that I really love Hook.
  20. With a few recent box office disappointments leaving futures uncertain (Mandalorian and Grogu, Masters of the Universe), what's a movie you wish had performed better so it got a sequel? I still want to live in a world where The Nice Guys was a hit and we got 2-3 more of those movies.
  21. With Brand New Day about to give us another Tom Holland movie, who is your favorite of the three? It's really hard to look past the nostalgic love I have for the first two Maguire movies (especially with how well Spider-Man 2 holds up). He has the most iconic moments, and he's particularly great as Peter Parker. Garfield is underrated because the movies weren't good, but he's probably slightly better as Spider-Man than Maguire was (and certainly funnier/quippier). But... I think Holland might've overtaken them both for me as he just gets almost everything right (the only drawback has been the reliance on other MCU characters in shaping him).
  22. I haven't watched any of them so can't fairly judge (they might be fun, but somehow I don't think so), but "edgy for the purpose of being edge" is how I feel about them, too.
  23. I can sort of see what you mean but I am blinded by the cuteness
  24. I quite like the idea of The Matrix and 10 Things I Hate About You (10 Things I Hate About Neo?) as a double bill from March 31, 1999. Ghostbusters/Gremlins is probably the correct answer, but Barbenheimer is hard to top in terms of ones I've experienced. I think I saw both The Dark Knight and Mamma Mia opening weekend but don't remember it being A Thing like that.
  25. I am never going to watch the Snyder Cut but can otherwise get onboard with all of these

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.