Everything posted by Nicole Drum
-
The Court of Owls in Batman Part 2, how do you feel about it?
I think that if they're going to do it Reeves' is where to do it I have just never been sold on the concept of the Court of Owls in general.
-
Marvel and Star Wars Future on Disney+
This.
-
Remember when half the internet said the mcu was dead after the Incredible Hulk underperformed in june 2008 and the dark knight made a billion a month later
A movie being successful doesn't mean that the overall concept of something isn't struggling or failing. Spider-Man: Brand New Day in particular is just a very, very good movie centered around a character that is arguably one of the most popular figures in pop culture. In terms of the larger concept of the MCU, I do think it's in trouble. I am in no way convinced that Doomsday is going to be a good movie by any measure other than fans just being excited for it. They've let this thing get too large and too out of control without any real focus on telling good stories with cohesion.
-
Xmen will suck
The franchise doesn't need a sex symbol.
-
Return of the Mac- New Home Alone
I mean, my nostalgic ass is so there.
-
I never want to hear the words “superhero fatigue “ again
Here's the thing: a movie can do well and people can come out for it and pack a theater but that doesn't mean superhero fatigue is any less real. It's about more than box office and theater crowds. It's about overall storytelling, narrative, quality of film, etc. For me, it's very real. I'm very pumped about Spider-Man, but I couldn't care less about Doomsday because Marvel has honestly worn me out with what feels like same old same old over and over.
-
Dungeon Crawler Carl Has Founds It's Donut
They just announced that Jeff Hays will be the voice of Princess Donut. I for one am excited.
-
Do You Think Analog Horror's New "Popularity" Will Hurt it?
One of my bigger concerns appears to be coming true, that being that studios are going to try to "own" elements of these sorts of stories and creations that simply do not belong to them.
-
THE ODYSSEY Reactions & Discussion (SPOILERS)
I'm obsessed with this movie.
-
Marvel's New EIC
I'm excited about Wacker. I audibly groaned at what Cebulski is getting to do instead. But also, good riddance,
-
Moana Box Office Bomb: Are You Surprised?
100% not surprised in the slightest.
-
Which Board Games Have the Most Replayability?
I have a game based around the Pan Am airline (I am not kidding, think Ticket to Ride but with planes) and I can honestly say I play it over and over and over.
-
The Odyssey Oscar Chances?
There ain't no way this movie doesn't at least get wild nominations and I'd not even remotely be surprised if he won a ton.
-
The Batman 2....delayed....again
The Batman 2 is a myth just like the next Game of Thrones book.
-
Do You Think Analog Horror's New "Popularity" Will Hurt it?
I've been thinking a lot about how Hollywood has taken notice of analog horror -- think Backrooms -- and while I'm very excited about the prospect of these unique stories and worlds coming to the big screen in a big way, I'm also very worried Hollywood will just muck it up. Thoughts?
-
Thoughts on Supergirl Studio Interference?
I think the report may be sensationalizing it, to be honest.
-
Obsession keep making money... How to you feel about the staff being underpaid?
I say if the cake is big enough everyone should get some cake.
-
If You Could Time Travel to See Any One Movie Open In Theaters What Would It Be?
I've been thinking about this a lot lately because there are a lot of movies that I think would have been rad to have seen open in theaters in their day but like, you know, I was either a kid or not born or whatever. What movie do you wish you could have seen on opening day -- and if you could time travel to do it would?
-
The Neuromancer Teaser Is Perfect
So Apple dropped a teaser for Neuromancer today to mark the 42nd anniversary of the book and it's pretty perfect. LIke, it looks really good. Who else is hype for this one?
-
Obsession keep making money... How to you feel about the staff being underpaid?
The industry is complicated, but honestly, I think it's kind of wrong for them to not have something set up as a "hey, if this actually works you get more" situation. The right thing to do would be to actually pay the people who make the thing that makes the money. Period. The whole "the people who take the risks get the money" thing has always been sour to me because sure, you take the financial risk... but you could still do the right thing ethically considering your part in it is literally write a check.
-
Halfway through 2026 - What's the Best New TV Show So far...
I'm grumpy about TV in general, but Apple is honestly killing it with their shows.
-
Why not let the fan
Letting the fans do anything at this point would be such a monumentally bad idea.
-
Absolute Batman is the best version of Batman there is
I don't generally enjoy fighting people but I guess I gotta go get my fighting gear because I disagree. He's alright at best.
-
Is $100 Actually Too Much For a Video Game
I think if this were a game I was passionate about, I might be tempted to do a cost benefit analysis (because I am a nerd) to see if the time I'd arguably spend playing on it would be worth $100 or if I could just like... buy a lot of iced coffee.
-
Is $100 Actually Too Much For a Video Game
I paid $10 for an iced latte last week, got mad about it, and went out and bought an espresso machine so I can just make my own damn lattes. Everything is so damn expensive. When you put it in that context, I can definitely see how it would be expensive. I guess it just is hard for me to wrap my mind around considering it feels somewhat equivalent to what I paid as a broke grad student in my Halo days. But, then again, I'm the sort of person who will have one big game and fixate on it for a long time so....