Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicole Drum

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nicole Drum

  1. Heated Rivalry was huge. Now there's going to be an adaptation of Icebreaker. What do we all think about the hockey romance trend? I admittedly have only lightly read some books in that overall genre, but I'm intrigued by the sudden popularity of it in tv shows,
  2. Honestly pretty much everything on Apple TV is great. Slow Horses is fantastic, though.
  3. The film was the 9th highest grossing film of 2021 and more than doubled its budget. That is far from "utter failure." Additionally, the film wasn't banned in China but it was heavily restricted -- and not because of the movie but because of comments the lead actor had made in previous interviews about his family's experience fleeing both communist rule and harsh living conditions in China. The government doesn't take kindly to that sort of thing and has more than once "heavily restricted" a film because of comments they deem to be critical.
  4. Kansas City didn't get nuked, destroyed by a natural disaster, or otherwise maimed. 5 stars for me.
  5. So it sounds like Shang-Chi 2 is still in development . But my question is, will we really get it or is it taking too long and we should just give up hope?
  6. Weekly episodes. Let the brain digest.
  7. While horror had a moment this year, I honestly don't see it being something that we see replicated anytime soon, unfortunately.
  8. Yes. Though there has been the very rare time when my head is just silent while reading which sounds really confusing since you usually hear the narration of the words even in your own voice, but once in awhile, nothing.
  9. Justice for Wanda.
  10. No. ...I'm totally just being contrary. I'm actually not going to any movies until Supergirl because this summer is STACKED with stuff my whole family wants to see so we gotta pace ourselves and budget accordingly because I NEED some of those popcorn buckets.
  11. Gotta go with A Bug's Life. WALL-E is perfect and I refuse to even want it touched with a sequel.
  12. Spielberg is opening up again about why he walked away from Harry Potter. This has me wondering... would we really have wanted a Spielberg Harry Potter? To be honest, I didn't care for the movies in general but I don't think Spielberg was ever the right fit.
  13. Somehow, that comparison makes me WANT to watch them.
  14. Absolute Catwoman #1 is out today. What did everyone think? I'm going to be honest: I'm already kind of meh on the Absolute Batman-verse and it's adjacent stories, though I am willing to give Abs Cat a try.
  15. It is a VERY cute doggo. Would boop his snoot.
  16. It will always, always be Barbenheimer for me. There was nothing quite like watching Oppenheimer on IMAX and then immediately going into Barbie (and then I am insane and went BACK into Oppenheimer for a second time.)
  17. I, unfortunately, lost hours of my life being forced to watch it for something I was working on at the time. I will never get that time back and I'm still mad about it.
  18. A new trailer for Pinocchio: Unstrung just dropped (you can check it out here) and it has me thinking about the horror-ification of beloved childhood favorites and it makes me wonder, is this something we really need? I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but at the same time it just feels... edgy for the purpose of being edge to me, like a weird cash grab. Thoughts?
  19. I have a really awful skill in terms of figuring out twists so it makes me the worst person to watch tv with. That said, that twist in Scrubs sucker punched me HARD.
  20. As always, I am spicy. Ben Affleck is the worst Batman. Snyder should never have been allowed to make a DC movie (and yes, Man of Steel was bad). Mark Strong was a great Sinestro. The Snydercut made Justice League worse Birds of Prey was way better than we gave it credit for. The Dark Knight is still the best Batman movie.
  21. The dog looks weird to me. I mean, cute dog, yes but... not Scooby-Doo if that makes sense.
  22. I... did not realize that both of those movies came out on the same day.
  23. I'm glad you liked it. I couldn't get through like, the second issue of any of it and I will not be going back to try again. Marvel just doesn't do it for me in general these days and Krakoa about ruined the X-Men for me entirely.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.