Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Who Should Lead the Avengers in the Next Era?
In the context of the MCU I'd be fine with that if she took the title over or something, but she doesn't have the same connection to the Avengers as Brie's Carol did from Infinity War and Endgame. Love the character though!
-
Who Should Lead the Avengers in the Next Era?
While I think based on what's happened in the MCU to this point it should probably be Captain America, I will always vote for Captain Marvel. The Marvels got Carol much closer to her comics counterpart than before, but honestly they still haven't quite gotten that right. If this were the comics, it's Carol all the way for me.
-
Your favorite comic and why?
One of my faves! That run is great, but if you want something really great to just jump in with, the first trade of Jed McKay's Moon Knight run is fantastic.
-
Your favorite comic and why?
David Finch is unreal sometimes. His Moon Knight run is still stunning to this day
-
Your favorite comic and why?
Skinbreaker is awesome! Really surprised by how much I'm loving the series
-
Your favorite comic and why?
Welcome! All great reads, and personally really enjoying the new Fantastic Four run way more than I thought I would. I couldn't recommend Absolute Wonder Woman more, and the flagship Superman book is simply fantastic. Also, I will always recommend Something Is Killing the Children and Once & Future for things outside of the big two.
-
Show off your comic collection!
I always prefer physical books as well, but the convenience of digital is just so much easier on my time and the space in my house haha. I still buy single issues when I can, and I always jump on a stunning variant cover.
-
New Comic Book Day Discussion (10/22/25) - TMNT, Absolute Wonder Woman, Ultimate Spider-Man, and More
Hey everyone, happy new comic book day! This week is full of awesome releases, and the ComicBook team has in-depth reviews on several, including Superman #31, Radiactive Spider-Man #1, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #12. There are also even more releases in the mix, so let us know which books you loved most this week, which ones you didn't, and what books you are most looking forward to coming up! Here are the rest of this week's highlights: Absolute Wonder Woman #13 Ultimate Spider-Man #22 The Ultimates #14 Justice League Unlimited #12 Green Lantern #28 Fantastic Four #4 Immortal Legend Batman #3 Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu #13 Exquisite Corpses #6 Skinbreaker #2 King Spawn #50 Jeff the Land Shark #5 Green Lantern Dark #7 Omega Kids #1 News from the Fallout #5 Hello Halloween #1 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Halloween Special #1 Captain Henry and the Graveyard of Time #1 Speed Racer: Tales from the Road #1
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
My daughter and I beat the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game in like an hour and a half or something, thanks to no quarters and additional lives haha. It still holds up!
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
I'm also a big fan of the older era superhero games, including the Sunsoft Superman game that kind of ruled haha. Ultimate Alliance is still so dang fun. I don't have a Switch so I didn't get to jump into the third one, but would love a new multiplatform Ultimate Alliance.
-
What was the very first comic book you ever read and what is the current comic book that your currently reading
So nice to see Batgirl in the mix! That book is fantastic and doesn't get enough spotlight
-
What was the very first tv show that you ever watched and what is the current tv show that you are currently watching ?
My first was probably Superbook or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original cartoon series), and I've adored TMNT ever since haha (Donatello for life!) Now I'm watching WWE (Raw, NXT, and SmackDown) and recently finished up Peacemaker. Next one I'm looking forward to is the Splinter Cell series and The Witcher season 4
-
A Cancelled Video Game You Still Think About… 🎮😢
I know it's not technically cancelled, but Beyond Good & Evil 2 is the one that I'm saddened by most, since it's likely we'll never actually get it (and there's even more worry that if we do get it, it might not be what we wanted anyway)
-
A Cancelled Video Game You Still Think About… 🎮😢
I was crushed that got cancelled. With the studio involved, it could have been great.
-
What was the very first comic book you ever read and what is the current comic book that your currently reading
I can't nail down which comic was the very first one I read, but I know it was either Superman, Adventures of Superman, or Amazing Spider-Man in the early '90s. Those '90s runs have informed so much of what I love about those characters but also comics in general, so they've had a pretty big impact for me. Right now the series I'm loving most are DC's Absolute Books (with Wonder Woman and Superman at the top), but also loving Green Lantern, Power Rangers Prime, Transformers, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Something is Killing the Children.
-
What is your favourite movie that you ever watched and what is your current favourite movie that you last watched?
My favorite movie that I've ever watched is a difficult one, but if I am ranking my all-time movies, White Christmas is probably the one I've seen most and continue to enjoy. I've seen it in just about every possible format lol. For the current favorite, it's a toss-up between Superman and KPop Demon Hunters. I've seen both multiple times, and I enjoy them more with every rewatch.
-
What is your favourite movie that you ever watched and what is your current favourite movie that you last watched?
KPop Demon Hunters rules!!!!!
-
New Comic Book Day Discussion (10/8/25)
Wanted to post some follow-up reactions on this week's books. Absolute Batman #13: The Catwoman introduction has been one of the most heavily anticpated moments of the series, and somehow it over-delivered. Love the dynamic between Bruce and Selina, and the art in this book continues to be some of the best in comics. DC K.O.: I adored the big swings this book takes and how it actually brought both universes together in a way that doesn't lose all its steam in the first issue. It's only going to get better from here (at least on paper), and Dawnsday Knuckles simply rule. Marvel Knights Punisher: I wanted to like this book far more than I actually did, but the artwork was cool! Trying to be more positive haha so that's about all I got.
-
NYCC 2025
I would love to see more about Caped Crusader season 2 as well. Prime Video has been on a roll with animation
-
Show off your comic collection!
Look at all that Moon Knight awesomeness!
-
Show off your comic collection!
Lovvveeee the Mass Effect shelf!!! Hell yeah
-
New Comic Book Day Discussion (10/8/25)
-
New Comic Book Day Discussion (10/8/25)
Hey everyone, happy new comic book day! There are some big releases this week from the big two, but there's also a ton of really great non-superhero stories in the mix this week as well. Picked some highlights below, but let me know what you're reading and what you're hyped for most! Release Highlights: Absolute Batman #13 Transformers #25 DC K.O. #1 Ultimate Black Panther #21 Batman: Dark Patterns #11 Amazing X-Men #1 Supergirl #6 The Amazing Spider-Man: Torn #1 Marvel Knights: Punisher #1 The Power Fantasy #12 Everything Dead & Dying #2 Blood & Thunder #6 Harley Quinn X Elvira #1 SIKTC: A Monster Walks Into a Bar #1 The UnChosen #4 Super Creepshow Special #1 Red Book #1 Marian Heretic #1 Stitch #2 Death to Pachuco #1
-
What are the thoughts on Erica Lindbeck would possibly be voicing Gwen Stacy in Season 2 of Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man on Disney+?
Erica knocked it out of the park as Jessie in Final Fantasy and Black Cat in Spider-Man, so I'm 100% behind that casting if it happens!
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
X-Men vs Street Fighter is so fun!