Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
Same! I remember An American Tale this way as well
-
What Superhero Game Doesn't Get Enough Love?
There have been many superhero games over the years, and not every single one ends up becoming adored like the Arkham series or Insomniac's Spider-Man. Which superhero game do you feel doesn't get enough love, and why do you think that is? I'll get things started, and I've got two picks. The first is Arkham Origins, which aside from a choppy framerate at launch, was one of my favorite Arkham Games and actually put more of an emphasis on detective work while spinning an entertaining story at the same time. It also had some great villains and fun boss fights, and would love to see a remaster of the game at some point down the line. I feel like some of the issues it had at launch and the fact that it's a prequel were mostly held against it, but over time, those issues were mostly fixed, and the prequel element ended up being one of the game's strengths. My second pick is Justice League Heroes. There are some elements that likley seem dated now, but the co-op gameplay was fantastic, and it was classic DC at its finest. Your heroes actually felt different depending on what abilities you chose to focus on during a given playthrough, and the story was perfectly paced and trim enough to encourage multiple runs. A friend and I ended up playing that game to completion 2 or 3 times, and I would love to see a spiritual successor that wasn't on mobile.
-
What DC character do you want to see Scarlett Johansson play in The Batman: Part II?
I feel like Andrea Beaumont (aka Phantasm) was 100% written for her. She would knock that role out of the park
-
Who Should John Cena's Final Opponent Be?
That would crush!
-
Which DC Multiverse Figures Do You Want Made Before McFarlane Loses The License?
Next year McFarlane will lose the DC license to Mattel, and we'll get new lines of DC figures from the movies and comics. McFarlane is moving through some key characters over the next few months, so who are the characters you hope to see added to the line before the license moves to Mattel? Personally, I need a Detective Chimp, Zatanna, Jo Mullein, and versions of Absolute Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman. Fingers crossed he can make those happen with one more year to go.
-
Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
Wicked: For Good is one recent experience that we adored. We were there with fellow fans, and everyone was clapping at the end of it. I love experiences like that. How To Train Your Dragon (live-action) was also that way.
-
Movies You Rewatch Every Holiday Season
Love Actually is a classic!
-
Which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Is Your Favorite And Why?
Splinter rules! I am also a big Ace the Duck fan, and we need more Ace in stuff
-
Who Should John Cena's Final Opponent Be?
I've enjoyed the second half of the year, but the first was thrown off the rails with the terrible heel run and that underwhelming WrestleMania match. Kind of want a do-over if I'm honest.
-
Which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Is Your Favorite And Why?
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were a part of many childhood memories for me, whether it was the animated cartoon or playing the classic TMNT beat-em up in arcades and losing way too many quarters to it. The love of the franchise has continued ever since, though thankfully I don't lose nearly as many quarters to the franchise these days. Early on, I was probably a bigger Raphael fan, but I became a bigger Donatello fan over time and have never looked back since. His goofiness, sincerity, and inventiveness are all parts of why I love the character, so I want to know which Turtle is your favorite and why!
-
Who Should John Cena's Final Opponent Be?
Dangit, i should have put a neither option on the poll!
-
Who Should John Cena's Final Opponent Be?
The final match in The Last Time Is Now Tournament will take place on this week's SmackDown, and it's down to either Gunther or LA Knight. Granted, there could be some huge swerve at the last minute involving an incoming star like Chris Jericho or something, but that's likely not to happen at this point. So, who do you think will be Cena's final opponent, and who do you feel would be the one to benefit most from the match? My vote goes to LA Knight, and no shade to Gunther, but it would simply benefit him so much more than the Ring General at this point. Let me know what you think!
-
Thinking About Getting a Meta Quest. Is It Worth It?
I've heard nothing but great things about the Batman game too
-
Should Stranger Things have released weekly or do you prefer the batched model?
I'm very much an advocate for the batch model. I want to engage with it on my own terms, and if it's all there, I can choose when and how I want to interact with it. If someone doesn't want to watch it all at once, they simply don't have to, and for us who do, we can. Best of both worlds, but that's just me. Almost every other show does weekly releases, so I'm fine with Netflix sticking to their batch way of releases.
-
Who Are You Playing in Marvel Cosmic Invasion?
I haven't picked up the game yet, but I am going to soon, and there's no way I'm not playing Nova the first chance I get!
-
What's Better About Absolute Batman Than The O.G. Batman?
I love all of the Absolute books, but I don't necessarily love them more than the original characters. That said, the one that gets the closest for me is probably Wonder Woman, but I just love the risks that the Absolute books are taking as a whole more than some of the other mainline books. I've always been a fan of having multiple versions of a character running around to try new ideas, and I hope that doesn't end anytime soon.
-
Movies You Rewatch Every Holiday Season
Alright, well, I have a list of movies I get to every Christmas, and this year I'm determined to watch them all again. White Christmas (my all-time fave movie) Elf (the movie that makes me laugh no matter how many times I've watched it, and now Ember loves it too.) Charlie Brown Christmas (a yearly treasure, actually already watched this one this year) While You Were Sleeping (one of my fave rom coms, and it takes place during Christmas, you can't beat it) The Grinch 2018 (This is actually our favorite Grinch movie of all the releases, and the family adores it. I feel like it mixes in the best parts of the other movies, and I love the animation). The Family Stone (I feel like this one captures the family dynamics during the holidays brilliantly, and it's just great) The Holiday (You put this on, and it simply feels like Christmas; also, the soundtrack is wonderful) New Addition! Candy Cane Lane (Was not prepared to love it, but it was delightful! Miracle on 34th Street (one of my wife's favorite movies and a Christmas classic) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (all of the classic animated films get a rewatch, but Rudolph has one of the all-time great characters in Yukon, so it gets top-tier status)
-
Thinking About Getting a Meta Quest. Is It Worth It?
I have been on the fence with VR as a whole for years, but the Meta Quest is as close as I've gotten to actually jumping in. The biggest problem I see is a lack of support for VR overall, but the things I've heard about the Quest from those who have one have been stellar.
-
Is Avengers: Doomsday Going to Save the MCU?
I think both Doomsday and Secret Wars will do their job and stop the bleeding as it were, but just like we saw with Deadpool & Wolverine, which delivered a big pop and then settled, that's only a temporary fix unless you actually get the story and your character development back on track. The advantage here is that the Russos can literally cherry-pick which parts of the world are working and which ones aren't for a nice reset and set up for the X-Men, but if they don't execute that and then follow it up with meaningful stories that actually utilize the characters they have, they will be right back in the same position soon enough.
-
End of year movie release: What are you looking forward to?
Oh! Also The Housemaid. My wife's a big fan of Freida McFadden's books and got me hooked haha. It looks awesome!
-
A Defunct 1990s Game Franchise You Want Rebooted for Current Gen Consoles?
One of my favorite RPGs of all time is Xenogears, and while I enjoyed the other games set in that universe that released later, we never got a proper sequel to the original with those characters and those mechanics.
-
A Defunct 1990s Game Franchise You Want Rebooted for Current Gen Consoles?
Legacy of Kain rules!!! Fully endorse this haha
-
Podcast question
There's a brand new episode today! We didn't stream live but recorded a fun Thanksgiving episode that aptly went off the rails really quickly haha. Here's the link! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/comicbook-nations-friendsgiving-hangout-special/id1451072854?i=1000738789976
-
What do you think your favorite superhero brings to Thanksgiving dinner?
Detective Chimp enjoys a breakfast platter with a side of Banana Pudding
-
Who Are The Superheroes That First Got You Into Comics?
Man you can't beat that trio!