Everything posted by MattAguilarCB
-
Physical vs Digital: What Do You All Prefer for Your Collections?
I have been on the mostly digital side of most things for a while now, especially over the past 5 years. I've got about 2 boxes of single issues, but most of my weekly reading is done through digital, and I tend to buy trades and hardcovers in physical media. I'm totally okay with used copies, and agree that I like to give them a new home. Most of my collection is in my office, and what I can't fit there is in tubs so I can kind of rotate every so often.
-
Reasons for collecting
Part of it will always be tied to nostalgia and great memories growing up, and being in the hobby and that world has led to so many great memories over my adult life that I hope I'm 99 years old and still reading the newest books of the week haha. Also love the posters, and the Jada Toys diecast figures rule!
-
Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
Yeah, live-action Moana is probably going to do big business at the box office too
-
Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
The cast is insane! https://comicbook.com/movies/news/street-fighter-movie-adds-50-cent-and-hes-playing-the-perfect-character/
-
Batman
I grew up watching reruns of the series and it forever made an impact. I've often compared so many things to Batman 66, and not only does it have my favorite version of The Penguin and Egghead (because c'mon, Egghead!), but it was what first made me a Batgirl fan, and she became one of my favorite (if not my all-time favorite) characters. Yvonne Craig for life! Here are some of my favorite episodes. The Purr-fect Crime/Better Luck Next Time The Wail of the Siren Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin Fine Feathered Finks/The Penguin’s a Jinx The Ogg and I Also, the 66 Batmobile is my 2nd favorite Batmobile next to the Batman: The Animated Series version.
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
How are you liking Metroid? Yeah, I need to get prepared for the next Resident Evil as well. I should probably do my every few years replay of one of the original 3 REs. One day I'll get that Code Veronica remake too!
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
Veilguard is so good!!! I also have the problem where half of them are long RPGs so not exactly something I can knock out in a weekend
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
I've been meaning to pick up Metal Gear Solid Delta as well, let me know how it is!
-
What Is The Best Christmas Comic?
Truth be told you could have Larfleeze host anything and it would be the best haha.
-
Which Games Do You Want To Finish Before 2026?
I've been on a quest this year to finish games that I either got distracted from or couldn't finish due to other games taking priority, and so far I've been able to finish Dragon Age: The Veilguard and Star Wars Outlaws (both awesome by the way, and both deserve far more credit than they received). Now I'm looking to finish up a few other games before 2026, so what game (or games) are you hoping to wrap up before the new year brings even more games? Let me know!
-
What comic got YOU hooked?
For me it was Amazing Spider-Man and Superman, as those were the two characters that I first followed in monthly comics. My love of X-Men would happen later, but those were the two characters that really captured my attention and kept me returning to the comic stand each and every month.
-
Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
Just (awesome) insanity!
-
Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
I'm also hyped for Street Fighter. It's either going to be awesome or so bad it's still awesome haha
-
Could it be worth bringing the Snyderverse back?
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, lol. Seriously though, it took us so long to get past that, I'm fine with leaving it in the past.
-
Netflix Is Buying Warner Bros. Discovery (and DC Studios)... Thoughts?
I feel like i'm one of the few who doesn't view this as the death of the movie industry. The film industry has been dealing with a host of changing shifts, and one studio that has had an admittedly great bounce-back year won't make or break that. I've also disagreed with a host of decisions made by WB over the past few years, so there is actually a part of me that is hopeful that a new era at Netflix will actually shift some things for the better. It will mean obviously losing some focus on theatrical, and there will be other major changes coming as well I'm sure, but as of now, I'm in cautiously optimistic wait-and-see mode.
-
Who Do You Want as the DCU's Batman?
I think I'm with you. I don't generally have a preference at the moment, though don't get me wrong, Ritchson would be fantastic. I wasn't familiar with Corenswet before Superman, and he was excellent, so I'm good if they think he's a perfect fit.
-
Netflix Is Buying Warner Bros. Discovery (and DC Studios)... Thoughts?
Lots of great points, and I agree about the treasure chest of content being the ones we're not super focused on at the moment (though I get it because DC is a big deal)
-
Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
We were just watching Breaking Dawn Part 2 and damn, I love that battle sequence. It still rules
-
Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
I feel the same way about midnight game releases. I used to do those on a regular basis, and now I would be like "nah"
-
What Superhero Game Doesn't Get Enough Love?
Totally understand. This was partly why I was so hyped for the new Wonder Woman game (though also just a huge fan of the character in general). It's a shame that I feel like we got robbed of that game.
-
What Superhero Game Doesn't Get Enough Love?
That game really did get slept on. Really enjoyed the combat and the story, even if I wish you had been able to control everyone and not just Star-Lord.
-
What Superhero Game Doesn't Get Enough Love?
Freedom Force was amazing! Such a fun game
-
Predicting the Biggest Film of 2026
I'm really intrigued by Masters Of The Universe and how that turns out, and from early reports, I'm really optimistic. Supergirl is also way up on my hype meter, and honestly, if it tracks with previous films, Toy Story 5 is probably going to be in the discussion for best of the year as well.
-
Marvel snap
All of my mobile game time goes to WWE Supercard haha, but I need to reinstall Marvel Snap
-
Which Other Female Heroes Do You Want to See in Avengers: Doomsday?
After how the Russos mishandled her in Infinity War and Endgame, I'd love for Captain Marvel to get proper shine in Doomsday. I will also always call for more Ms. Marvel, and America Chavez would be great as well.