Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KOutlaw

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KOutlaw

  1. Evan said on our ComicBook Nation Podcast today that he ranks Chainsaw Man over Demon Slayer! Now I GOTTA see it!
  2. I think the formula is to have two sides to the franchise: the more grounded one (Andor) and the more fantastical one (Jedi stuff). There are fans of both. But both sides need to feel like "events" and be released more sparingly. One grounded TV show (or season of) a year; a big film every couple of years (either grounded or fantastical). I DON'T THINK Jedi lore works on TV. Too costly, too underwhelming visually, not epic enough. We know that now.
  3. The Cyclops - Jean Grey - Wolverine love triangle. I feel like it's more than a comic storyline: it's a psychological/sociological test just like Batman and Joker or "Are You A Batman? Or A Superman?" For guys, it expresses the silent war between the rebellious, rougher, bad boy types (your MMA brawlers, rebel-artists, punks and skaters, thugs,, etc.) - and the tall, square-jawed, popular captain of the frat/football team type. For Ladies, it illustrates the dilemma between the guy whose call you know you shouldn't answer at 2 AM (but always do), and the guy you want to bring home and show off to mom and dad and all those friends you want to leave sick. All I know Is: Jean learned to live her BEST life during the Krakoa Era...
  4. Sinners One Battle After Another Weapons Are My Top 3 Superman & Thunderbolts are my top Superhero flicks Sinners, F1 & Mission: Impossible 8 have been my fav premium theatrical experiences.
  5. On the flip side: my mom also took us to White Men Can't Jump way too young, and inadvertently opened my eyes, and horizons, to a ROSIE PEREZ world. So I typically say mom was 50/50 on the cost/benefit of those questionable parenting decisions.
  6. My parents took me to see T2 when I was NINE YEARS OLD. They knew I loved film and wanted me to see James Cameron's revolutionary use of CGI on the big screen. DUDE. The T-1000 scared me for years afterward. For the first six months after the film, I literally avoided my mom whenever she was in the kitchen, b/c I was convinced she would reach out and possibly impale me if I wanted to grab something from the fridge. I couldn't trust ANYONE for the first few weeks; I was convinced they were all possible liquid metal killing machines. Around the same time, my mom took my little brother and me to see Die Hard 2, w/o us having the faintest clue about the original film. I realize now she WAS that lady in the theater with the kids you look side-eyed at. 🤦🏾‍♂️ First scene: villain doing karate nude in the mirror. Rest of the film: gunshots everywhere, one guy getting an icicle through his eye; planes exploding or crashing, it was a crazy vibe to be on. Needless to say, I never really gravitated toward air travel after that.
  7. What did you think? How many stars (out of 5)? Do you want to see more Tron movies after this? Did it answer enough about Legacy?
  8. One of the most A$$ Season finales I've ever seen. And the season was telling such a great character story... I'm flabbergasted it botched the landing so badly.
  9. KOutlaw replied to nate1016's topic in General
    Yeah, there's a big chance for Marvel Animation to make a splash here. Would also like to see a formal DCU animated universe announced. We'll be doing some LIVE UPDATES HERE during NYCC2025. Stay tuned.
  10. Not my fav film, but the 2003 French horror film "High Tension" (Haute Tension) still has the wildest plot hole I've ever seen in a film. SPOILERS: For those who don't know, the twist in the films is a Fight Club turn where the protagonist/final girl, Marie, is revealed to actually be the killer who has been stalking her and her friend/crush Alex during the film. The logic of that is utterly impossible, as the killer is given solo scenes in a truck that seems to actually physically exist, committing murders (and SA on a corpse) even though Marie is elsewhere with Alex at the time. Those gratuitous scenes make no sense at all; the whole film reflects the post-Fight Club/Sixth Sense trend of identity twists.
  11. Had All the G1 Transformers (most in Mint) and the entire TMNT line, with major accessories like the Terradome, Turtle Van, Sewer Lair playset (with Ooze) and all the wild bit character mutants that popped back up in Mutant Mayhem. I was in college and too hurt/edgelord that my parents were moving and acted like IDGAF when they put them all out in boxes for the yard sale. I was MAN. (Now I'm just a forever wounded boy... 🥲)
  12. Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade’s Revenge. The most impossible game ever made. Also: X-Men the arcade game, of course. The most fun co-op player game ever made.
  13. Now that we've had enough time to get used to the Season 2 opener, which one do you really like the best?
  14. I was genuinely shocked by the character twists in this episode. Ads and Judo Master bonding? Blue Dragon politically blue? Chris's self-realization and breakdown? Keith being a crazy man? Harcourt is willing to assassinate a helpless guy (and possibly start an interdimensional war) to protect Chris? The 11th Street Gang looking like psychos? None of this went how I thought it would, but it was some of the best character work I've seen on TV. Cena wants that Bautista cred for being a legit actor. Keep at it!
  15. See? That right there is why I'm PS5 now.
  16. Avengers: Secret Wars has a massive challenge in trying to top Avengers: Endgame. While I trust RDJ's Doom can be even more compelling than Josh Brolin's Thanos, it's the spectacle that would be required to top that final battle in Endgame. I think we could see multiple versions of Avengers, X-Men, F4 teams, with some actors playing multiple roles, or every actor who once played the roles showing up again. But I predict at least we'll see: Sam's Avengers, New Avengerz (Thunderbolts), alt-version of the classic team (with original actors in new costumes) X-Men '97 in Live-Action, Fox X-Men (both OT and First Class groups), Deadpool, Wolverine, and Gambit. MCU F4, Tim Story F4 (maybe even redemption for the Fant4stic crew?) BUNCH of past fan-castings getting head nods. (Tom Cruise Iron Man, many Wolverines - like Daniel Radcliffe, Taron Edgerton, Mel Gibson as OML. Basically, if you are NOT in Secret Wars, you'll be the lonely kid in Hollywood on release week.
  17. Right now X-Men '97 Season 2 is set for "sometime in 2026." I'm skeptical that they're trying to sell the second season as "dark and gritty"... It could be a marketing ploy to move the fan hype away from Beau de Mayo's exit. But there are some exciting story concepts on the table. So I'm 50/50.
  18. After the finale, I gotta ask: Did this show even need xenomorphs? I can't help but look back and feel that if you take the xenomorphs out, and just had the other four monsters in a show about megacorporations messing with alien biology for corporate gains, in a race for post-humanity between biological means and machine life... You basically still have the same show. Am I wrong?
  19. The sign of quality in Gunn's work is that it is exactly the interpersonal/internal conflicts that hold the most stakes for this final stretch of S2 – NOT the "What does it mean for the DCU???" talk or any other hollow, spectacle-based climax. Chris facing his alt-family. Chris having to reconcile choosing that world over his own life. Chris and Harcourt having to reconcile his choosing that version of her Chris having to face that, in any universe, his family is trash These are the reasons I'll be on the edge of my seat.
  20. My fellow African-Americans and I all had Fever dream nightmares last night. 😨 Thank you, James Gunn.
  21. Arkham Asylum was the game that made me feel like I was really Batman. Marvel's Spider-Man was the game that made me feel like I was really Spider-Man. This looks like the game that's going to make me feel like I'm Wolverine. It also feels like it's going to be a game that confirms that, indeed, what Logan does "is not pretty." Like... I'm not sure I'm going to feel good about Wolverine's life by the time this game is done.
  22. SPOILERS! What a bold choice for a finale, right?! I got to see the screeners, so for weeks now I've been SUPER CURIOUS how the rest of you would feel about this show, especially the finale, and the possibility of Season 2. Opinions: GO!
  23. I would protect my intelligent gangster at all costs! That death gave me legit nightmares! Still have them (of being hunted down)!
  24. It looks like a Mandalorian episode with a movie budget and effects, which is exactly what I expected

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.