Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KOutlaw

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KOutlaw

  1. I think Reeves now has a very unique chance to tell a bold story using the Court of Owls. A mystery-political-thriller about the Court moving in the shadows to rebuild Gotham in their image, and censor/eliminate those who would go against their agenda using politics, media, and of course, Talons (who would just be well-trained assassins, not mummies). It would challenge not only Batman but Bruce Wayne, who would have to make morality calls about his own wealth and influence and whether it should serve the elite or the people. Have it end by going international and revealing the Court was beholden to a foreign organization run by a maniacal figure from the Middle Eastern region... Ra's al Ghul. This totally fictional scenario would tantalize fans and mature moviegoers alike.
  2. I had Dino-Riders in mind before I even clicked on this. COPS & Dinosaucers (best opening theme ever!) are close seconds.
  3. On Today's ComicBook Nation Podcast, we discussed the updates on The Batman 2 that were released this week. Funny enough, the chat seemed split in terms of enthusiasm: A lot more people than we expected were apathetic about the sequel. Has it been too long? Has the DCU eaten up the Hype? Let us know your thoughts: What storyline/villains do you want to see in The Batman sequel?
  4. Having seen the whole series from the screeners… I knew this is going to be the make or break week. Are you down with the turn or did this show jump the shark in your opinion?
  5. KOutlaw replied to Comic fan_89's topic in General
    Sorry! Was busy! None of the hosts of Phase Zero work at ComicBook anymore - So hit that Phase Hero subscribe button and let your adventure continue! We'll be over here, 🫡 for those who want to kick it with US.
  6. KOutlaw replied to Comic fan_89's topic in General
    Not Sure? But I host the ComicBook Nation Podcast, so I'm happy to chat!
  7. Tramell Tillman had a beast of a year between Severance Season 2 & Mission: Impossible - The Final Reckoning: I was happy he won. Overall, I found a lot of the wins to be... unexpected. Adolensce cleaned up a lot more than I thought it would. Same for Hacks. But HEY: Star Wars & DC are now Emmy Award-winning properties. That's a win for geeks, and hopefully the future of prestige geek TV!
  8. Felt like a chess piece episode to me. We got the board arranged for the next episode to provide a climactic showdown to the first arc of the season in the DCU; then we will get pushed into the other universe for the next arc. Final arc will bring us back to the DCU with important lessons learned. Seems like a fun season to me.
  9. "Emerald Twilight" was much better than people give it credit for. Three issues of jaw-dropping heel-turn by Hal Jordan. Every time we thought "It can't go any further! He can't fall any further!" it went to another level of WTF?! It was one of the rare times I remember '90s comics forcing me to do actual deep reconciliation with complex themes of morality in the heroes I worshipped. It also gave comics real stakes I had never believed in before, when actual GLs start dropping.
  10. After Thinking about it for a bit, I think honestly, for me, the make or break for the MCU will be X-Men. If X-Men cannot get off the ground properly it’s a wrap. I’ve seen it happening with comics recently; don’t think my heart could take seeing it on the big screen.
  11. FlashForward was the first thing I thought of. So ridiculous. Counterpart would be a more recent example. Arguably Westworld?
  12. Alien Beings Coming to Earth and disguising themselves in human form (Sinestro, Atrocitus, hopefully Larfleeze, alien GL's, etc.). It's TV, and obviously, we cast familiar and/or good-looking actors. Expect to see more human faces than alien ones in S1. Some complicated history of the GL's and Guardians as a peacekeeping/military force, with the history of the Manhunters and their rebellion, and the genocides they caused, all worked into it. Better get a great episode of Hal Jordan and Sinestro Bantering/fighting Garret Dillahunt is fo sho Black Hand - just perhaps the living version weilding the energy-absorbing cosmic rod Atrocitus leaves behind. No Blackest Night this early, but the first mentions of that prophecy being seeded. PHEW! I had a couple of thoughts to share, obvs.
  13. That's the thing that is kind of genius about it: the implications of what it means that we DON'T immediately register that. Like Chris, we take it to be a "happy" or "perfect" world at face value... literally. Man... Let's all do better!
  14. Fede Álvarez is officially out as director! (Writing and producing) Who do you want to take over at the helm for Romulus 2? I got (In this order): Zach Cregger (Weapons) Oz Perkins (Longlegs) Ryan Coogler (Sinners) Cregger would make an awesome multi-storyline cause-and-effect film about what causes a xenomorph outbreak Perkins would nail an atmospheric throwback to the style of the original Alien Coogler would probably turn all the socio-political subtext about corporations and indentured servitude, and capitalism leading to disaster, into a well-layered genre movie. And the visuals would be crazy. MORE INFO: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/alien-romulus-2-sequel-new-director-fede-alvarez-exit/
  15. I can now add that The Conjuring: Last Rites will NOT be on this list.
  16. Swear, I'm going to lose my blk card for taking this long to notice what's so shady about that "perfect" alt universe. 🤦🏾‍♂️
  17. We're halfway through Alien: Earth, and if you've been watching, you know that the ending of Episode 4 confirms a major game-changing twist Noah Hawley is throwing into the franchise. (IYKYK) SPOILERS: How do you all feel about what the show is doing with Wendy & the Xenomorphs? Is it a cool new avenue to explore? Or is it potentially bad for the Alien franchise to have this kind of thing on the table?
  18. I think Dark Patterns actually reads like a novel: it's deep, engrossing, and immersive in a way that few Batman books are - really leaning on '40s Film Noir genre tropes in the best way. That's all to say: I think it's the type of book where the people who read it do so dedicatedly, but it's not patterned (swidt?) after a normal comic, with big "Ooh! Aah! WHOA!" dramatics built into each issue. I predict this will be one hell of a good prestige graphic novel collection or an omnibus at some point. And it will be worth it! 🤑
  19. It's CRAZY that I didn't put SINNERS in my list! Sorry Prey, you got dethroned!
  20. I kid you not: Spider-Man's Clone Saga in the '90s ending with the reveal that Norman Osborn is still alive blew the minds of an entire generation! ...but like so much of the '90s, now we look back on it and laugh until shame makes us bury our face in our hands.
  21. The Last Mermaid is my MVP newcomer. The "Nice House..." saga is a close runner-up.
  22. For me? 1. Prey 2. Barbarian 3. Late Night With the Devil How About You? GO! https://comicbook.com/movies/news/best-horror-movies-gen-z-explained-2020s-2010s/
  23. Honestly? I now go back and forth between TDKR and BB as my no. 2 & no. 3 of the trilogy. On different days, I see different things. It's undeniable that, from a film school perspective, Nolan is an exponentially better director in TDKR. He had done Inception by then, and clearly learned a lot, and could command so much authority over the budget, direction, and story. The latter one? Maybe they let him get TOO much leash, yes, but in terms of direction, spectacle, and music, it's bananas. ...I don't think our brains actually process what that opening aerial prison break scene is actually doing. We're in 2025 "ooo'ing" and "aah'ing" about Tom Cruise fighting on the wing of a crop duster plane mid-flight. Think about it. Nolan is in a whole other dimension.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.