Everything posted by FantasticJerome
-
Calling All Friday the 13th Fans: New Jason Popcorn Bucket Just Dropped!!!
I grew up watching the Friday the 13th movies in the '80s and '90s, so I had to get this one! Cinemark released this new Jason Voorhees popcorn bucket today, and I think they did a great job with it. I have a feeling these could go pretty fast, especially after seeing how quickly some of the Alien popcorn buckets sold out. Any other Friday the 13th fans here?
-
What Comic Book Are You Most Excited to Read This Week?
New Comic Book Day is tomorrow, so I'm curious what's at the top of everyone's list this week. Is there a new issue you're waiting for, a new series you're planning to try, or something you're hoping to pick up at your local comic shop? What's the first book you're planning to read?
-
My Favorite Moment in X-Men '97 So Far Is...
When Rogue snatches Captain America's shield from him and tosses it out of sight 😂 What's your favorite moment so far?
-
The paper
I may have to check this one out. I was a huge fan of The Office.
-
What Fictional Place Would You Actually Want to Visit?
I hadn't heard of that one, I had to look it up.
-
Could Netflix Turn Geiger Into Its Next Big Comic Book Series?
Nice! Have you read any of Ghost Machine's other series like Hyde Street, Redcoat, Rook: Exodus, or Junkyard Joe? They're all extremely good!
-
What Fictional Place Would You Actually Want to Visit?
Good choice! I think places in Legend of Zelda would be fun too, but probably too dangerous lol
-
Who’s Excited for the Diablo TV Series?
I played the original Diablo back in college and have loved the series ever since, so I'm definitely interested to see what Netflix does with a TV adaptation. The Diablo universe has so much lore to pull from that I think it could make for a really good series if they get the tone right. Who else is excited for this? Have you played any of the Diablo games, and which one is your favorite?
-
New Sonic animated series should feature current game voice actors.
I think using the current game voice actors would make sense. It would give the new series a familiar feel for people who already play the games, and it could help connect the animated series more closely to the current Sonic games.
-
What Fictional Place Would You Actually Want to Visit?
There are plenty of fictional worlds that are fun to watch or read about, but I'm not sure I'd actually want to live in most of them. Visiting for a day is a different story. You could spend a day exploring Hogwarts, walk around Middle-earth, visit the Baxter Building, see Jurassic Park before everything inevitably goes wrong, or even visit somewhere from a video game. I'd probably pick the Shire. I think I would enjoy hanging out with the hobbits and just relaxing. If you could visit one fictional place for 24 hours and then safely return home, where would you go?
-
I Finally Started Watching X-Men '97
I'm a few more episodes in now and somehow it keeps getting better. I'm also realizing I really need to go back and read more X-Men once I finish this. Still avoiding spoilers, but I'm really glad I finally started watching it.
-
What if the new PlayStation discs would be converted to digital like the Xbox?
I’d be okay with something like this as long as we still have the option to buy physical games. I’m a big supporter of physical media, so my biggest concern is making sure discs don’t disappear completely. I like actually owning a copy of the games I buy.
-
Hot take: I'm glad the snyderverse is over... Fight me
My kids lol but they've only seen the new Superman
-
If You Could Own One Fictional Item, What Would You Pick?
I remember that! It's been so long since I've watched those.
-
Who Should Marvel Cast as Gambit in the MCU?
Gambit is one of the X-Men characters I'm most interested in seeing when Marvel eventually introduces its new X-Men team, and I'm really curious who they'll choose to play him. As someone from Louisiana, one thing I really hope they get right is the accent. It would be nice to see an actor who can do it naturally, or even someone actually from Louisiana. Gambit's background is such a big part of the character that I hope they embrace it without exaggerating the accent to the point where it sounds ridiculous. Obviously, the actor still has to capture everything else that makes Gambit who he is, but I'd love to see Marvel really embrace his Louisiana roots. If they do it right, I could see him carrying his own solo movie. Who would you cast as Gambit?
-
The Sony guys must be arrested for planning to ditch PlayStation discs.
Agreed. I don't like the idea of paying for something but not actually owning it. This has already happened with digital games that I bought my son and he learned at an early age to always get physical media when possible.
-
I Finally Started Watching X-Men '97
I’m only on Episode 4 of X-Men '97, but this show is so good! One thing I wasn’t expecting is how much X-Men lore I’ve apparently forgotten over the years. I keep watching and having those moments where something comes up and I realize I haven’t thought about it in forever and have to look it up. It’s also making me want to go back and revisit some of the older X-Men comics again once I finish the series. Anyone else watching X-Men '97? What did you think of it? No spoilers.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome to the forum! I also love discussing comics and theories! Feel free to create a thread and start a discussion.
-
MCU X-MEN Casting
I’m pretty happy with the casting so far. At this point, I think I just trust Marvel to choose the right people for the remaining characters. The X-Men have so many iconic characters that it’s going to be interesting seeing what the full team eventually looks like.
-
The paper
I'm a huge fan of the Office, but haven't really heard much about the Paper. I remember I wasn't impressed with the Office until maybe the 2nd season then I was hooked.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome to the forum!
-
If You Like Post-Apocalyptic Stories, You Should Read Wool and Watch Silo
If you like post-apocalyptic stories and haven't gotten into the Silo series yet, I definitely recommend starting with Wool by Hugh Howey and then checking out the TV series Silo. Or, if reading isn't your thing, you can jump straight into the show since they did such a great job adapting the books. One of the coolest things about Wool is how it started. Hugh Howey originally self-published it as a short story in 2011. Readers wanted more, so he kept expanding the story, eventually creating the Silo series that inspired the Apple TV show. Thousands of people are living inside a massive underground silo because they've been told the world outside is deadly. But as the story goes on, questions start piling up about why the silo exists, what happened to the outside world, and how much of what everyone has been told is actually true. That's what I really enjoy about it. There's a post-apocalyptic world at the center of everything, but it's also a mystery. You keep learning more about the silo and its history as the story gets bigger. I think both versions are worth experiencing too. The show makes some changes from the books, so even if you've already watched Silo, reading Wool doesn't feel like you're simply going through the exact same story again. If you're looking for a good post-apocalyptic series, I'd definitely recommend giving both a shot. Has anyone else read Wool or watched Silo?
-
[Giveaway]: Marvel's Wolverine Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order ($79 Value)f
That was such a cool game! I actually played it recently in a retro arcade and it was still playable.
-
[GIVEAWAY, Round 2]: Grand Theft Auto 6 Ultimate Edition Pre-Order ($99 Value)
Classic!
- Comicbook Nation