Everything posted by FantasticJerome
-
Marvel's Wolverine - Gameplay Trailer is Here!
I hope it's immersive and makes you feel like you're really part of the game and not too repetitive. It looks like it will be fun with lots of replayability just from what I've seen so far.
-
Should Marvel Bring Back Ultimate Alliance for Next-Gen Consoles?
I’ve been replaying some older superhero games lately, and it reminded me how good Marvel: Ultimate Alliance was. The roster, the team combos, the storylines, and the overall style really captured that crossover energy we still don’t see often in modern Marvel games. My son and I have great memories of playing that game together. My wife and I played it a lot too, and it was one of those rare games that brought the whole family in. My son got Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch, but he hated it. It just didn’t have the same tone or replay value as the originals. He’s wanted the Gold Edition of the first game for years because of the extra characters, but it’s impossible to find now. The digital version was pulled from online stores a while back, and physical copies are crazy expensive. I wish I would have grabbed one when it first came out, but I had no idea they would delist it. I think a next-gen version could be incredible if they brought it back with today’s graphics and gameplay depth. Imagine an updated Marvel: Ultimate Alliance with online co-op, a massive roster including all the current MCU and X-Men characters, and cinematic cutscenes that tie everything together. Would you want to see Marvel revive the series for PS5, Xbox, and PC? Or do you think that style of game has run its course?
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
Yep! I could never beat any of their 2nd levels! But the music was awesome!
-
What Was The First Superhero Game You Ever Played?
I'm old school so it was likely one of the NES Marvel or DC games such as Batman or the old Wolverine game. I used to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance with my wife and then my son when he got old enough and we loved it! I wish they would do a proper follow up to that game.
-
What Do You Think of Image’s “Geiger” Universe and Is the TV Series Still Happening?
I’ve really been enjoying what Geoff Johns is building with the Geiger universe over at Image. I love Geiger, Junkyard Joe, and Rook: Exodus. The Blizzard is another great book from the same group. I’m glad they resumed Rook: Exodus because issue #7 was really good and it feels like the story is finally picking up again. The new warden at the end of the issue was a nice surprise. I haven’t read Redcoat yet, but it’s on my list. This whole universe has been surprisingly consistent. It feels like Johns is slowly building Image’s own connected world, and it’s been a lot of fun to read. I went a little crazy early on and bought several copies and variants of the first Geiger series along with the trade paperbacks. I remember hearing that a Geiger TV series was in development a while back. Does anyone know if that’s still happening or if it got shelved? For anyone following these stories, what do you think of the Unnamed Universe so far? Do you think it has real staying power, or will it fade like some of the other shared comic universes have over the years?
-
Will George R.R. Martin ever finish A Song of Ice and Fire?
I'm not hoolding my breath. I don't think it's high on his list of priorities right now. He may have written himself into a corner or fears the negative reaction fans will have no matter how he ends the book.
-
Which original Avenger do you most want to see return in Avengers: Doomsday?
Steve Rogers gets my vote!
-
Batman ('89) or Batman Returns?
I generally like the original better, but it's been a good while since I've watched either of them. I'll rewatch and then come back to this thread.
-
Most Important Romance in Marvel Comics?
Gambit and Rogue, but I'm from Louisiana so I'm partial to Gambit : )
-
Weapons Discussion - SPOILERS!
I liked it! Felt more original than many movies that are released these days. The ending was exquisite. I also enjoyed seeing Wong, Thanos/Cable, and the Silver Surfer on screen together : )
-
Man of Steel vs. Superman (2025): Pick One
I have to go with Superman 2025. It was more "fun" in a sense and the kids enjoyed it. Man of Steel has it's place too, but if I were going to rewatch one it would be the new one.
-
If Avengers: Doomsday & Secret Wars Disappoint, Are You Still Giving MCU Phase 7 A Chance???
Agreed. There are so many options for the IP that they would almost never run out of content.
-
If Avengers: Doomsday & Secret Wars Disappoint, Are You Still Giving MCU Phase 7 A Chance???
Yes, I've been here since the beginning and will always have hope, even if they have a few disasters. My grandfather and uncle owned a comic book store when I was a kid and I've grown up with these characters and understand that not every movie will be a winner.
-
If Avengers: Doomsday & Secret Wars Disappoint, Are You Still Giving MCU Phase 7 A Chance???
I really hope they can do the X-Men justice. They were always my favorite team growing up and I always felt like I was one of them. There are so many things they can do with the them, I just hope they get it right this time.
-
Show off your comic collection!
I see I need to get a bookshelf! Everyone's collections look so nice and neat. Meanwhile, mine are in different locations, some in stacks, multiple boxes and even in some drawers in my office : )
-
Which ‘80s Movie Would You Most Like to See Get a Legacy Sequel?
Goonies would be a good contender, but it would have to be done right and not a cash grab.
-
If you could read any comic again for the first time, what would it be?
As far as recent comics, probably Geiger. The first series was really good. As a kid, probably an old TMNT comic.
-
Which ‘80s Movie Would You Most Like to See Get a Legacy Sequel?
I agree with this! I remember watching that movie over and over as a kid.
-
What Would Your Secret Wars Moment Be?
Now that would be something to see! I would love for Cyclops to really step up to the role like Captain America did for the Avengers.
-
Welcome to the Comicbook Forum
I'm glad I found it! I love talking to people about comic books and movies!
-
What Comics Character Has the MCU Done The Best Job Adapting?
I would have to say Captain America so far.
-
What Would Your Secret Wars Moment Be?
Endgame gave us one of the greatest cinematic moments ever with Captain America picking up Mjolnir and him standing alone against Thanos before the portals opened and (nearly) every hero returned. It was years of build-up that paid off in a single line: “Avengers, assemble.” Now Secret Wars has the impossible task of topping that. If it really is the multiversal event everyone expects, the possibilities are wild. Imagine Robert Downey Jr’s Doom facing a council of Iron Men, including a Tom Cruise variant. Or a scene straight out of the comics with Doctor Doom ripping Thanos’ spine out to claim ultimate power. Or Dr. Doom facing off against the intellect of multiple Reed Richards. There are so many ways this movie could go, but what I keep wondering is: what’s your Endgame-level moment for Secret Wars? The one shot, reveal, or line that would make your theater go absolutely silent or explode with cheers?
-
AVENGERS SECRET WARS: What Does The Film Have to Do to Top Endgame?
I think exploring Dr. Doom’s philosophy could make this movie stand out. He’s always been one of those characters who believes he’s doing the right thing, even when his methods cross the line. If the story takes time to show that perspective instead of just making him a standard villain, RDJ could really bring something powerful to the role. What made Endgame work so well was the buildup. We had multiple movies that led us there and gave that final battle real weight. With Secret Wars, we’re heading into uncharted territory since we don’t know exactly how much setup there will be or how they’ll handle all the timelines and characters. That uncertainty is exciting, but it also makes me wonder if it can all fit into one film or if it should be spread across two to give it the time it deserves. I’m also curious how deep they’ll go with the variants and returning characters. Bringing back some of the earlier Fant4stic crew would be a great touch. I have a feeling they’re going to connect the eras. If not in this movie, then definitely in the next one.
-
What's y'all's movie of the year so far?
It has to be Sinners and Weapons so far. I also enjoyed Thunderbolts.
-
As a THANK YOU to our members, we're starting a WEEKLY GIVEAWAY With cash prizes! Here's how to participate!
Thank you! I didn't know there was a forum, but I'm happy to be a part of it!