Everything posted by Allison Schonter
-
What are you currently reading?
Highly recommend! I love how it expands the world and lore, and Korra is an awesome Avatar!
-
What are you currently reading?
Pretty good, actually! Feels very much true to the show and is overall a great continuation of the story.
-
New here
Welcome to the CB forum!!
-
Teen wolf
I was obsessed while it was airing and still love to do rewatches. I generally love all of the core characters, and my favorite tends to change with every rewatch I do, but I'll always be a big Stiles fan.
-
You’re stranded on a deserted island and can only bring one movie/TV character with you. Who do you choose and why?
Not an answer I expected to see, but I respect it! He'd honestly be a pretty great option.
-
Pokemon Fossil Museum at the Field Museum in Chicago!
Oh, I so wish I lived closer to Chicago! This sounds like so much fun!
-
What’s your favorite Star Wars memory? 💫
Honestly, my first time watching it, which was actually just two or so years ago. I didn't think I'd be into Star Wars so I never set aside the time to watch it and just prioritized other things. Then my finacée put it on one day while I was busy doing something else, but I was immediately hooked. Binged all of the movies in a matter of days.
-
How Long Should Networks Give TV Shows Before Cancelling Them?
1899 is still one of the most disappointing cancellations for me. It was such a great show and it definitely deserved to complete its three-season story.
-
What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?
I'm currently dog sitting at my parents' house, so I'm away from my normal consoles. But I dog out an old Nintendo DS and am planning to play some Sims 2 this weekend!
-
You’re stranded on a deserted island and can only bring one movie/TV character with you. Who do you choose and why?
Can be any character from a movie/TV and for any reason at all. So, who are you choosing as your desert island pal?
-
What are you currently reading?
I just got into Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra (I'm like years late to the party, lol), and so I'm reading may way through all of the corresponding comics as I wait for the live-action to come back with Season 2!
-
Horror needs a comeback!
I definitely would love to see more practical effects used in horror! It holds up so much better than CGI and is always just really impressive. As for a revival of a classic horror, is there one in particular you'd really like to see?
-
The Game You Always Come Back To
Pretty basic, but Minecraft. It's just very relaxing to play and I never really grow completely bored with it.
-
What are you watching this week?
What new movies or TV shows or rewatches are you tuning into this week? I'm really looking forward to watching Netflix's Lord of the Flies!
-
Are you watching subs or dubs?
I generally prefer subs, but dubs are so much easier if I'm wanting something on as background noise or only want to half watch something.
-
What Games Are You Excited to Play In May?
I want to play Yoshi and the Mysterious Book so bad, but I don't have a Switch 2! I love all things Yoshi!
-
Daredevil
I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard some pretty great things about it! Might have to try to squeeze this one in sometime soon.
-
Do you think Doctor Who should be rebooted?
I admittedly haven't watched Doctor Who, so I'm probably not the best person to give an opinion on the matter, but I say no. I'm growing tired of the reboot and revival trend, and so many reboots just never even come close to capturing the magic that made the originals so good. I think especially with something as big and iconic as Doctor Who, it's a risky move that faces a major uphill battle right from the start.
-
Do you make in-game purchases?
This is basically where I stand, too. I'll buy some DLC, but other in-game purchases are a no for me.
-
How Much of a Completionist Are You?
I'm a sucker for side quests, so I'd consider myself a completionist.
-
Netflix Isn't Even Worth It Anymore
I'm the type of person who loves to rewatch shows, and Netflix has quite of few of those shows on its platform (at least for now), so for me, it's still worth it. But I agree that it's a growing issue of price vs. content availability. Netflix has fewer and fewer things that I actually want to watch, especially in terms of new releases, and with those subscription prices continuing to increase it's inching closer to no longer being worth it.
-
What movies and TV show releases are you most looking forward to in May?
Lots of exciting new stuff coming out next month! What are you most looking forward to? I'm personally really excited for Netflix's Lord of the Flies!
-
What's your favourite movie/TV prequel?
Maybe not my favorite since my mind is drawing a complete blank at the moment, but I really enjoyed Welcome to Derry. I felt like it did a really great job of expanding the lore of Derry.
-
What did you think of Stranger Things: Tales From '85?
I only just started it, so I still have a bit to watch, but I'm actually liking it a lot more than I anticipated. I don't think it was necessary by any means, but it's pretty fun and definitely fills the void left by the show.
-
What’s the last thing you watched that you’d actually recommend?
Just started Tales From '85 and am actually really surprised by it! I was anticipating enjoying it as much as I have been. Easy recommend if you liked the main show.