Everything posted by Allison Schonter
-
Scream 7 - First Reactions?
I honestly went into it with extremely low expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was better than I'd been anticipating. I generally enjoyed the first 2/3s of the film, but I hated the final act. That was by far the weakest killer reveal and motive in the franchise. The first 2/3s of the movie are pulling a ton of weight to keep the film from being a complete disaster.
-
What are some of your favorite conventions?
I haven't been to too many conventions, but I did have a great time when I went to Motor City Comic Con a while back. I also love show-specific conventions – it's always fun to be around a community of fans who love the same things you do!
-
What movies are you most excited to see this March?
So many great movies releasing this month! I'm most looking forward to Ready or Not 2!
-
Grogu is too cute
I didn't even know that was a thing, and I now I fear I desperately need a little Grogu shoulder sitter!
-
What's on your watchlist for this weekend?
Whether it’s an old or new TV show or movie, at home or at the theater – what’s on your watchlist this weekend? I’ll be heading to the theater to watch Scream 7. Also hoping to squeeze in the America's Next Top Model documentary on Netflix!
-
What did you think of the A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms Season 1 finale?
I loved it! It definitely slowed things down after episode 5, but that was needed and it really just felt like a fitting conclusion to this chapter and beginning of the next. I've really just enjoyed the show as a whole. It's definitely different that GoT and HotD, but I think it's a really enjoyable, easy watch.
-
Hi im liss :)
Welcome to the forum, Liss!
-
What do you think of the Toy Story 5 trailer?
It honestly has me really excited for it! I'm excited to see how they tackle screen time, lol.
-
What's your Go-To streaming service?
Netflix. There are a lot of shows on there that I like to rewatch or put on as background noise, and they have a really solid true crime lineup. After that it's probably HBO Max for their horror catalog.
-
Mid-month check in: What’s your favorite nerdy thing that you’ve watched/done/bought so far this February?
I've been dying to watch this! I religiously watched ANTM as a kid, and it's just such an awful show. I'm so curious to see what everyone has to say in the documentary.
-
What was the best Cartoon Network show?
This is such a difficult one. I'd probably vote either Dexter's Laboratory or Courage the Cowardly Dog.
-
What Movie or TV Show That You Saw as a Kid Still Haunts You?
It's not the It miniseries as a whole, but specifically the scene where Pennywise comes out of the drain. That terrified me as a kid and still creeps me out as an adult. It's really not all that scary, but something about it sketches me out so bad.
-
What’s your favorite movie poster?
-
Are you looking forward to Scream 7?
I am! But admittedly mostly in the sense that I'm a big fan of the franchise. I have pretty low expectations for Scream 7 and am anticipating it be one of the more underwhelming films in the franchise, but I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong!
-
Grogu is too cute
Very valid (and relatable)! I'm also super excited to see more of Grogu!
-
Who do you think Scream 7's Ghostface will be?
The movie obviously isn't out yet but it's always fun to try to guess the Ghostface before the reveal! With all of the trailers and everything we know about the movie, do you have any early suspects?
-
What's Your Favorite Pokemon?
Ok, I just looked Dachsbun up, and it is adorable!!!
-
What cities should Godzilla smash?
Chicago would be cool. Seeing him rise out of Lake Michigan would be pretty cool, the Willis Tower falling would be epic. But also, as someone originally from Ohio, literally anyplace in Ohio would be fun.
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
Don't even get me started on Killing Eve, lol. That show had such a strong start, but completely lost itself by Season 4. The first two seasons are some of my favorite seasons of TV, but they really dropped the ball after that.
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
Yes!!!! It was way over the top, and then just the entire All Out War arc was way too drawn out.
-
What's Your Favorite Pokemon?
Bulbasaur (he's planty) and Lapras (because I love all things aquatic)!!
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
Omg! Yes!!!! The ending simply doesn't make sense after everything else that happened in the show. I genuinely love How I Met Your Mother, but every time I rewatch it I'm disappointed in the ending.
-
What TV Show Do You Think Should Have Ended Long Before It Actually Did?
There are honestly sooooo many. The biggest one for me is probably The Walking Dead. It well overstayed its welcome, which is a shame given how good it was in the first few seasons. The show getting rid of Carl was a massive misfire, and hen Andrew Lincoln leaving the show was the nail in the coffin. I also feel like Squid Game should have ended after Season 1.
-
Mid-month check in: What’s your favorite nerdy thing that you’ve watched/done/bought so far this February?
It’s crazy that we’re already more than halfway through February! It got me thinking about some of the fun nerdy things I’ve done so far this month. February has been pretty low on the nerd-level for me so far, but I did snag a cool Ghostface mystery figure at the store the other day, and that was pretty fun! I've also been rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender throughout the month.
-
Dream Muppet Show Guest?
Chappell Roan would be amazing!!!