Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KOutlaw

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KOutlaw

  1. BRING BACK HAWKS: HAWKMAN DARKHAWK SHADOWHAWK
  2. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine getting a Solo trailer would tie this entire comic book movie era together. Final close-up shot of the hand down at the side and the claws popping out, and all you see in the blurred background is that American flag shield: whole world gets fire-hyped. Make it so.
  3. We all watch Home Alone, Die Hard, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, Grinch, Rudolph, Frosty, etc. every year... BUT We got into this debate on the ComicBook Nation Pod, given that Anaconda (2025) is very much looking to corner that counterprogramming crowd. So: Are there movies that are the TOTAL OPPOSITE of Xmas spirit YOU watch every year? Ex: ME? I do the Alien franchise in the days leading up to Xmas. Every year. That freaky world and those dark settings make me appreciate the lights and joy so much more. Now YOU GO.
  4. I dug it a lot. It was a lot better than it had any right to be. Don't think it was for "King Purists" (Which has always been an oxymoron to me). I think the show did certain things really smartly: Always delivering a horror-moment of the week (those nightmare sequences, or Pennywise attacks) that got people buzzing and generally scared. It roped in big enough mainstream King lore and Easter eggs (like The Shining or character reveals) to make mainstream viewers post theories and discuss throughout. The show earned its merit for weeks with ZERO Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise. When he got in there, a show that people were already into took off crazy. The effects were uneven - but so is literally every Andy Muschietti project (The Flash? HELLO?) The finale added some sci-fi hijinks that not only create more seasons but also potentially a window for a NEW story set AFTER IT, if his "Death" really was just a rebirth. I'll take this kind of big swing at water cooler TV in the horror lane. Duck and cover for Season 2, kiddos!
  5. You saw the trailer, you know the vibes. What are we doing here? I'm not mad at the similar approach at all. And I know this will be more connected to the larger DCU than GotG was to the MCU. In Gunn and Gillespie, I trust - but how about you?
  6. Younger Millennials / Gen Z won't want to hear this... but Harry Potter HBO TV Series might become the one. ESPECIALLY as the later books come into play.
  7. Stranger Things is my Avatar of TV series. I'm OBSESSED when it premieres and the hype is there the first week... then I never think about it or re-watch it again until the next season is about to drop. Season 5 has been no different (so far). Will's big moment was B O S S tho...
  8. James Cameron recently said: "Science fiction has caught up and is actually overwhelming us at this point. We’re living in a science fiction world... Now we’re living it for real... I’ll never be as prescient as I was back in 1984 of imagining this one because I don’t think anybody knows what’s going to be happening a year or two years from now." While he has a point, Terminator has been able to crack new ground with projects like the Terminator Zero Netflix Anime, which told a compelling storyline about time travelers coming back to develop an anti-Skynet A.I. system to be their weapon in the Future War. That kind of concept was compelling sci-fi; a smart flip on Terminator lore, and still worked as a time travel causality mystery with a horror-thriller core (Terminators chasing the A.I.'s creator). SO. IF good Terminator stories can still be told onscreen, WHAT kind of stories would you want to see?
  9. Assuming that “neither” isn’t an option: what is the lesser of two evils in this case? And which company do you truly believe would handle Warner Bros. better?
  10. X-Men #1 (1991) It was the first grown comic my parents let me buy, after years only letting me get TMNT TV series spinoff comics
  11. I predict: Theatrical Model Changes within 5 years to studio exclusive theaters run by Netflix, Amazon, and maybe one last conglomerate chain (Regal/AMC) HBO Prestige TV is possibly in danger Netflix MAX will be a premium upgrade that offers Netflix + HBO/HBO MAX content mid-budget franchise sequels like Rush Hour 4, comedies, and rom-coms, MIGHT get a resurgence through streaming Netflix's plans for Warner Bros. Gaming is a BIG Question mark DC Studios may get back some of those mid-budget or lower-budget, creatively ambitious projects Zaslav loved I DON'T Think the Snyderverse is back on. At all.
  12. Xmas 1986. My two brothers and I tore open this mysterious present my parents saved for last: it was that new NES home video gaming system, with the Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt combo cartridge, the light gun, and Mike Tyson's Punchout as a secondary present from another relative. My whole fam / extended fam played that thing non-stop over Xmas dinner and celebration; a day or two later, while shopping and doing returns at the King of Prussia mall, my mom decided to purchase this golden game she heard people talking about, and brought it home to us, just as an Xmas bonus. I put it and started it up: The Legend of Zelda flashed on the screen. My life changed. As you can see, I still vividly and fondly remember this formative Xmas in my fandom.
  13. I'm in the middle of Die Hard rn Home Alone 1 & 2 Christmas Vacation On Deck Unexpected new addition? Red One! The kids request it, and the bars have been playing it. The Rock does it again!
  14. If you've been listening to the ComicBook Nation Podcast you KNOW this is a series we've not only been championing and promoting since it started, but we've lobbied MANY times for HBO and DC to get on making this a prestige series. It's EA$Y MONEY!
  15. My only response to this:
  16. Addams Family Values. Even though it's a summer camp, that Thanksgiving Day Play is so iconic it deserves to be shown every Turkey Day.
  17. Original Star Wars Comic, been sealed up since I've been alive.
  18. KOutlaw replied to NancyPratt's topic in TV
    I mean, Star Trek has always had some good-looking crews, but I agree: what I think distinguishes this franchise from other sci-fi is the team dynamics: dramatic or comedic arcs between characters during the sub-plot moments; incredible feats of cooperation, coordination, teamwork and (often) love to pull off missions or avert disasters. By the end of an ep, the audience should feel like joining the crew in a toast in the lounge or mess hall, and feel like we're part of the group.
  19. I believe it, I just don't love it. Brand New Day was sounding good to me b/c it was more like the recent "Gang War" story arc in the comics: Spider-Man taking on NYC street problems with a big cast of both allies and foes caught in the mix. You start throwing in Mayday Parker, future timelines, multiverse, etc., and all that heady cosmic sci-fi stuff feels totally at odds with a street-level story that features Punisher and Hulk. Just saying "Punisher and Mayday Parker" in the span of one movie's discussion is concerning.
  20. Remember when the whole show was low-key centering around him? yeah, that went nowhere.
  21. KOutlaw replied to nate1016's topic in Comics
    Hey Nate! If you go here: https://globalcomix.com/channel/marvel And Here: https://globalcomix.com/channel/dc You can browse the "Included with gold" sections - but for a quick preview: Marvel has graphic novels ranging old (Civil War) to new (Avengers: Twilight, Bloodhunt); Same for DC: Old (Batman: The Long Halloween, Flashpoint) and newer (Three Jokers, Supegirl Woman of Tomorrow) It's a VERY nice spread!
  22. OKAY. Loved Predator: Badlands, Killer of Killers, Prey - but I need some big events and answers soon. The different Yautja tribes of Badlands and Killer of Killers need better distinction and explanation - as does their relation to the Jungle tribe from Predator and Predator 2. Also need to know how other tribes react to the Grendel King and the Warlord's Tribe going rogue and kidnapping past victors like Naru, Dutch, and Harrington, and freezing them. If we can do a Predator-led movie, a Predator: Civil War movie is now on the table, IMHO. And, of course, the Weyland-Yutani's insatiable hunt for bio-weapons (Alien movies and Alien: Earth) eventually has to collide with the Yautja's hunting territories. That's the AvP movie I need.
  23. My screening starts in an hour. Thoughts after.
  24. Black Dynamite sets. Island of Fiendish Doctor Wu Lab Playset Tricky Dick Nixon White House Stronghold (w/ parachute drop in) Pimps & Dealers Summit (w/ Chocolate Giddy Uppppppppp bonus figure)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.