Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
Most Anticipated Movies of Fall/Winter
Another summer movie season is done, but there are still lots of great movies coming out! What are your most anticipated movies of the fall/winter? I've got a top 10: Dune 3 Further Mis-Adventures of Cliff Booth Resident Evil Digger Wild Horse Nine Ray Gunn Animals Primetime The Debut Clayface Honorable Mention: I Play Rocky
-
Good morning
When I was a kid, it was Crash and Spyro. Still love those games. Now, it's hard to pick just one because I like so many. The Mt. Rushmore is probably Spider-Man 2018, Last of Us, God of War 2018, and Astro Bot.
-
Favorite Tomb Raider game
My first Tomb Raider game was Tomb Raider 2013. You can get the whole reboot trilogy for a good price now. Those are fun games. They're like Uncharted but with more open world/exploration stuff. I never played the originals that were popular during the PS1 days, but the reboot trilogy is a good place to start.
-
“Luke’s just not a farmer owen he has too much of his father in him” “that’s what I’m afraid of”
I think they got some variation of the "betrayed and murdered your father" speech. In the Obi-Wan Kenobi show, Owen says something along the lines of "like how you trained his father?" to Obi-Wan so they probably think Anakin died while training under Obi-Wan and they don't want the same thing to happen to Luke.
-
What horror movie are you most excited about?
Already seated for Resident Evil.
-
Hottest new game
Between Wolverine, Control 2, Onimusha, Rayman Legends Retold and Plague Tale Legacy, my fall is completely booked.
-
What possible games do you want to see at September’s State of Play?
It'd be nice to see something for Intergalactic. I'm guessing that'll be one of Sony's big exclusives next year alongside Laufey. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but a tease of what Team Asobi is up to next. Astro Bot is one of my favorite games this gen.
-
Hot take: I'm glad the snyderverse is over... Fight me
I'll echo what others have said here that it would have been nice to have seen Snyder get a chance to finish his story to give everything some closure. I was never super into the Snyderverse, but I did like Man of Steel and was higher on BvS than some (although that movie still has some problems). Then everything went sideways. I've been a fan of Gunn's work since the first Guardians and was happy his Superman was so well-received, so I'm not complaining that they reset.
-
My hottest take
The Godfather is one of my favorite movies of all time. Part II is also great, but I enjoy the first one a bit more because of Brando. Watching Vito meet with everyone before the wedding never gets old. I've never watched Part III, but it's in the Blu-ray set I have so maybe one day I'll bite the bullet and check it out. Pacino should have won an Oscar for Michael.
-
Lanterns Debuts, What Did You Think of the First Episode?
This pertains more to the DCU as a whole, but what I'm loving about Lanterns is it's further proof that Gunn's whole "no homework" thing wasn't just for show. You can watch Lanterns without seeing any of the other DCU stuff. It's really its own thing. Just like Superman was. As the DCU goes on, I hope they can keep this up. It'd be the best way for them to separate themselves from the MCU, which fell victim to "too much homework" especially during the Multiverse Saga. Man of Tomorrow is gonna be the real test there. Will you be able to understand/enjoy Aaron Pierre as John Stewart in MoT without having seen Lanterns?
-
Endgame Encore Trailer - Are You Excited?
The trailer for Avengers: Endgame Encore has been released. Are you excited? Planning on seeing it again? I'm torn on this. I know seeing Endgame in a theater again will be fun, but I don't really feel like sitting through it just for four extra minutes of footage.
-
One Thing I Wish No Way Home Did
Shailene Woodley recently opened up about her Mary Jane being cut from Amazing Spider-Man 2, and it reminded me of something I wish No Way Home did. Instead of the Tom Hardy cameo and a Doctor Strange 2 trailer, I would have liked if the post-credit scenes were set in Tobey and Andrew's universes and we got just one more little bit with them after they were sent home. I couldn't help but imagine a scene where Garfield has a meet cute with a redhead, learns her name is MJ, and goes for it after learning Tobey made things work with his MJ. We're never gonna get a proper Raimi Spider-Man 4 or ASM 3, so this would have been the next best thing.
-
Marvel movies
This. The MCU has been a lot of fun, but I've been watching a lot of the pre-MCU movies this year, and I kinda miss when we could have Sam Raimi come in with his own take on Spider-Man, and he only had to worry about that one movie. One of the best things about that trilogy is they feel like Sam Raimi movies that just happen to be about Spider-Man. As an adult, I appreciate the style and personality of those movies so much more than I did when I was a kid. Same thing with Nolan's Batman. I think of The Dark Knight as a Chris Nolan movie first. There's a reason those movies have stuck with me for so long.
-
Marvel movies
I've never seen any of the pre-Nolan Batman movies. Somehow just never got around to watching Batman '89.
-
Avengers: Doomsday — who will die
The Fox X-Men for sure
-
Hot Take: Superhero Movies Will See A Resurrection
The real test for Marvel is gonna be 2028. If Ghost Rider is a big hit, then they'll be all the way back. Spider-Man and Avengers are huge brand names that are always gonna do well. It's the B- and C-tier characters who aren't as sure a thing anymore. Thunderbolts got great reviews last year and underwhelmed.
-
Hot Take
I think it's the best of the Holland films. I grew up with the Raimi films, so I'm always biased towards those. Spider-Man 2 is still the best for me. That's honestly one of my favorite movies of all time, so it's gonna be hard to top. The Spider-Verse movies are also really special.
-
If a game cost $70 then you need 70+hrs worth of gameplay just for the main campaign
25-35 hours is the perfect sweet spot for me. It won't take me forever to finish a game that length but I also wouldn't be able to finish it overnight. I love replaying games, so the $70 price tag doesn't bother me too much. Replaying something like Spider-Man on New Game Plus with all your upgrades is so much fun. And even if I were to spend $70 on a game and only play it once, if I enjoyed my time with it, it was money well spent.
-
What Do You Think of Dave Bautista as Kratos?
I have seen it! I thought Bautista was really good in that. I think he's the best wrestler turned actor.
-
What Do You Think of Dave Bautista as Kratos?
I'm in the same boat as you. I feel awful for Hurst. That whole situation sucks. But Bautista is about as perfect of a replacement as they could have found. He can do the action and dramatic beats.
-
Will the X-Men have mercy on Tobey?
Yeah. I don't really want to see the Tobey Spider-Man universe just be completely destroyed. You can give the MCU a soft reset without literally killing all of the pre-MCU franchises. I liked that No Way Home confirmed Pete and MJ made it work and my Spider-Man got a happy ending. I'm gonna be really upset if they undo that for shock value. At least I'll always have the Raimi trilogy and my head canon. Now I'm picturing Mr. Ditkovich getting blown apart in an incursion after asking someone for rent.
-
Wolverine in Doomsday
Hugh hangs the claws up and Dafne Keen's Laura becomes the MCU's version of Wolverine.
-
Tobey's Spider-Man vs. the X-Men in Doomsday?
Yeah. The great thing about No Way Home is that it was fan service done right. Tobey and Andrew were actual supporting characters in the third act who played a role in Tom Holland's story. The scene of Tom meeting the other two Spider-Men on the rooftop is why you brought Tobey and Andrew back. I don't want to see them drag Tobey back into this for something gimmicky ... especially if it ends the way the rumor says it will. That would be very upsetting for this '90s baby who grew up with Tobey's Spider-Man.
-
Has the Shift to Digital Made You Buy More Physical Media?
I've always gotten physical media for movies. My Blu-ray collection keeps growing and growing each year. But for music and games, it's all digital. I barely have enough space for all my movies lol. I can't imagine what it'd look like if I had all my games on physical too.
-
Should Dune 3 Move Release Date?
Agreed that Dune will be better than Doomsday. The thing I'm curious to see is Doomsday's second weekend drop off. It was always gonna have a big opening, but if word of mouth is mixed it could fall off quick.