Everything posted by ChrisA90
-
James Bond Supporting Cast
Yeah, especially if the Bond they're going for is young, it'd make sense to have an older Q again.
-
Which Avengers: Doomsday Character Are You Most Excited to See?
I can't believe I completely blanked on Yelena lol. Still looking forward to Shang-Chi, but Yelena is awesome.
-
James Bond Supporting Cast
Understandably, there's been a lot of talk of who's gonna be the next James Bond. And they're setting up the next round of auditions for August. We haven't heard anything about the supporting cast. What do you think they should do there? Should any of the actors from the Craig era carry over, or just go for a clean slate? There's precedent for this. Judi Dench was M for both Brosnan and Craig. They did a really good job surrounding Craig with a strong supporting cast. I would at least like to see Ralph Fiennes back as M because every movie is better with Ralph Fiennes.
-
Which Avengers: Doomsday Character Are You Most Excited to See?
Honestly, Shang-Chi. I enjoyed his solo movie and thought he was gonna be one of the faces of the franchise moving forward. Then he disappeared for five years lol. It's cool he's back.
-
What do you think of the Tony Stark is Victor Von Doom theories?
I'm torn. I don't know which one would be worse lol. But yeah, they have to address it somehow. I don't see how they can resist a Doom unmasking scene just so they can show Thor's reaction to seeing RDJ's face. I'm with you. As long as the story is told well, just do whatever. Although I'm not entirely confident the story is going to be told well haha.
-
Is the Steve Rogers in Avengers: Doomsday Really Our Steve?
The Captain Hydra angle would be interesting. An evil Cap aligned with Doom who infiltrates the Avengers by appearing as a friendly face. That would be more creative than "here's Chris Evans playing Captain America again!"
-
Spiderman Brand New Day Makes more than Doomsday
Not the craziest take. I could see it happening. Black Panther made more than Infinity War domestically, so this has been done before. Doomsday is going to make more than Dune, but Dune is going to eat into the business a bit because of the IMAX thing. Spider-Man gets a two-week buffer to let The Odyssey do its thing and then it can dominate August.
-
Should DC Studios Have Done a Comic Con Panel?
SDCC is this week and we all know Marvel has a big panel planned. But it looks like all DC is doing is something for Lanterns. On one hand, I get Gunn's point that he can just post stuff on social media. But on the other, it feels like a missed opportunity to make a big splash to show things are still on track after Supergirl. I'm sure they've shot enough of Man of Tomorrow to put together a sizzle reel and they could announce what comes in 2028.
-
AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY TRAILER
I'm more curious to see how they land this plane than excited to watch the movie. The lack of a proper build up a la Thanos really hurts this. I'm definitely seeing Dune 3 first that weekend.
-
What Should Nolan Do Next?
He followed up Oppenheimer with The Odyssey and knocked that one out of the park too. So where does he go from here? What could possibly be next? I'd honestly love for him to get his shot at a Bond movie. Let him follow up Villeneuve's reboot and make the second film with the new 007 actor. He didn't make a Bond for the Broccolis because of final cut, but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem with Amazon. A straightforwardish James Bond movie might be the closest thing Nolan ever gets to something resembling a palate cleanser.
-
THE ODYSSEY Reactions & Discussion (SPOILERS)
I loved it. Can't wait to watch it again. It was as epic as I'd hoped it'd be. Wouldn't be surprised if this was my favorite movie of the year. I can 100% see why Tom Holland went back to Marvel like "We have to make movies this way now" lol
-
Will Disc Drives Make a Difference in Your Next-Gen Console Decision?
I get all my games digitally these days, so disc drive won't be a factor for me. I'll figure something else out for all my movie Blu-rays.
-
Brand New Day Post-Credits Scene: What Do You Want to See?
It's been reported the Brand New Day post-credits scene sets up Doomsday, which makes a lot of sense. So what's actually gonna happen in the scene? My predictions are either Yelena recruiting Peter for New Avengers or we see Peter's reaction to a Doctor Doom who looks a lot like Tony Stark.
-
Yelena in Spider-Man: Brand New Day
That would be hilarious. Have her be like "Hey Peter Parker" and he freaks out.
-
The Odyssey Oscar Chances?
I always expected The Odyssey to be great, but even I was surprised to see it get Nolan's highest Rotten Tomatoes score. Reviews are really glowing. I'm even more excited to see it tomorrow. I know Nolan just won for Oppenheimer, but do we think there's a chance he could win again this year? Maybe this is a Spielberg/Saving Private Ryan situation where he wins his second Best Director and another movie wins Best Picture. Kinda hard to tell since we don't know what's really in the awards race. But I don't see a One Battle-esque movie coming out in the fall. Unless the Academy gives Dune the ROTK treatment.
-
what are the best movie trailers? but not necessarily the best movies 🎥
This one too. I thought I was gonna get Endgame for Star Wars
-
what are the best movie trailers? but not necessarily the best movies 🎥
First one that came to mind:
-
Yelena in Spider-Man: Brand New Day
The scene from Hawkeye where she breaks into Kate Bishop's apartment and eats mac and cheese is still one of my favorite moments in the whole Multiverse Saga
-
The Batman 2....delayed....again
I'm just frustrated. I love The Batman and The Penguin and just want more from that universe. Tired of waiting.
-
James Gunn's Blue Beetle Promise finally happening...
You know, this honestly makes me appreciate what Matt Reeves is doing with Batman more. I miss the pre-MCU days when superhero film series were standalone. I've been rewatching Raimi's Spider-Man and Nolan's Batman trilogies and I still prefer those over shared universe stuff. Not that I haven't enjoyed my fair share of MCU and DCEU/DCU movies, I just like the other approach more. The Batman was so refreshing because it was just like "here's a cool Batman movie." We'll see how this turns out, but I would have loved a purely standalone, Gunn-directed Superman trilogy with that cast. In the same vein as Raimi and Nolan.
-
Favorite Sam Neill Movie That Isn't Jurassic Park
In honor of Sam Neill, what's your favorite movie of his that isn't part of the Jurassic Park franchise? My vote would be Hunt for the Wilderpeople. One of Taika's best.
-
Moana Box Office Bomb: Are You Surprised?
Yeah. In retrospect, the release date for Moana didn't make a whole lot of sense. Reminds me a bit of Elio last year coming out right after Lilo and Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon. There was no demand for another family movie.
-
Which Spider-Man Suit Is Your Favorite?
The Maguire suit is my favorite too. I've done multiple playthroughs of Insomniac's Spider-Man with the Raimi suit.
-
Dune 3 and Doomsday Avengers?
Dune is gonna be just fine. It probably won't outgross Doomsday, but it has the IMAX screenings and a ton of goodwill from sci-fi fans/general viewers because the first two are so acclaimed. A lot of people are excited for it. The marketing's been great. Dunesday is gonna be like a Barbenheimer type event where people go see both.
-
Moana Box Office Bomb: Are You Surprised?
Moana underperformed and became the latest big summer release to bomb. At one point, some thought this might get to $1 billion, so do these results surprise you at all? I guess I'm a little surprised it opened so below the original projections, but it always felt like it was much too soon to remake Moana. Even if Moana 2 didn't come out, it's only been 10 years.