Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChrisA90

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChrisA90

  1. Tobey is my favorite Spider-Man. I grew up with those films. They're the reason I got into all the superhero stuff. But I have very mixed feelings on this. Seeing Maguire again in No Way Home was great, but I feel like I don't need anything more than that. That was like a nice little coda to the Raimi trilogy. I should be stoked about seeing his daughter in a movie, but I'm not really. Second what Kofi said. Having Mayday in Brand New Day flies in the face of the "street-level" story they've been trying to sell us. I don't really know how those elements are going to blend together. It just seems unnecessary. I'd rather Mayday be introduced in the Spider-Man 4 Mattson Tomlin is trying to make.
  2. For me, it's Wake Up Dead Man, Marty Supreme, and Zootopia 2. The new Marty Supreme trailer has me so hyped for that.
  3. The irony of Lucasfilm finally having an actual finished Star Wars movie script after how many years of failed projects only for Disney to be the ones to turn it down. This Ben Solo thing is crazy. You'd think Disney would be happy Lucasfilm had a finished Star Wars script (from a great filmmaker, no less!)
  4. It feels like Lucasfilm wants to do spinoffs, but they still have no idea what they actually want to do with them. At Celebration 2023, they made this big deal announcing Dawn of the Jedi, New Jedi Order, and Filoni's New Republic movie, and none of those have taken any meaningful step forward (I know Filoni's been busy with Ahsoka Season 2). The Rey movie keeps getting passed off to different writers, and now Mangold has that Paramount deal. I don't care if it's spinoffs or a continuation of the Skywalker saga. I just want Lucasfilm to have an actual plan they can stick to. Stop announcing all this stuff that doesn't get off the ground. A biblical epic about the discovery of the Force sounds awesome. Despite Rise of Skywalker (single biggest moviegoing disappointment in my life), I still like Rey and Daisy Ridley and have been interested in seeing what New Jedi Order looks like. It's frustrating no headway is being made on those. They shouldn't announce these movies until there's an actual finished script in place. I think standalone spinoffs would be cool. Bring in talented directors and give them the freedom to tell the stories they want. I'd love to see what Soderbergh or Fincher could do with this stuff. It'd be fresh and exciting.
  5. Oh - and if I could see the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time again on a big screen, I would. What an experience that was as a kid.
  6. Something with a twist would be good. I was too young to appreciate "I am your father" in Empire Strikes Back when I saw that for the first time. I'm pretty sure I already knew the twists for Sixth Sense and Fight Club just through pop culture osmosis before I saw those films for the first time. Still loved them, though. For a non twisty pick, I think I would go with The Social Network. That movie blew my mind when I saw it in theaters, and it sort of encouraged me to seek out other types of films besides the big genre stuff we all love. After seeing Social Network, I went down a rabbit hole of various IMDb pages and started watching all kinds of movies from all kinds of directors. So that film had a big impact on me.
  7. What's up homie? It's One Battle After Another for me. I wish I lived near an IMAX theater so I could watch it in that format. Sinners and Superman are tied for second. Running Man, Wake Up Dead Man, and Marty Supreme are at the top of my watchlist for the rest of the year. Any of those could be my favorite come December. Pretty good movie year! Seen lots of stuff I've enjoyed.
  8. I think this is the first time I've been let down by a James Gunn thing. Weird feeling. When the credits hit after Flag banished Peacemaker to Salvation, I was like "That's it?!" I paused and saw there were like 15 minutes left, but it was just the credits and a featurette thing. Was definitely expecting the story to go in another direction. Kept waiting for Keith to show up. Keeping him alive at the end of Episode 7 felt like a set up for something. I still liked some of the character interactions. Maybe on a rewatch after some time has passed I'll be able to appreciate the episode more. I don't want to call it awful or something just because any theories or predictions I had didn't come true. My own high expectations might have kneecapped the episode for me.
  9. Mine would have to be the Spider-Man game Neversoft made for PS1. It was awesome. Loved the Stan Lee intros to each level. I didn't really read comics growing up, so that game was basically Spider-Man 101 for me and I learned a lot about the lore and all the characters.
  10. Peacemaker's breakdown when the rest of the 11th Street Kids are attacking Keith was genuinely affecting. Great acting from Cena in that scene and this whole season really. Be cool if he could get some Emmy consideration next year. Interested to see how the finale sets up Man of Tomorrow. Gunn teased it's as important to MOT as anything.
  11. The twist has felt obvious for a few weeks now, but the reveal was still super effective. Felt like a riff on Alfred Hitchcock's bomb theory. There was enough to clue the audience in that something was off about the alternate reality and we were just waiting for the characters to catch up. I can't wait for the last two episodes.
  12. Didn't see the leaked footage, but I'm very excited for this game. I love Insomniac's Spider-Man series. Probably my favorite video game franchise ever. Can't wait to see what they do with Wolverine.
  13. I'm counting down the days to Ghost of Yotei. I loved Ghost of Tsushima, so Yotei has been on my radar for a while. Looking forward to getting immersed in the open world.
  14. I love The Batman and The Penguin, so I am still excited for the sequel. Would prefer if we didn't have to wait 5 years between movies, but I'd rather Reeves take his time to make something great instead of rushing it. Hopefully the third movie doesn't take as long to come together. I also think Hush will be the villain. That would be in line with exploring Bruce's past like Reeves teased.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.