Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChrisA90

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ChrisA90

  1. Kevin Feige has basically confirmed Yelena will be in Brand New Day. Kinda weird he'd do this now just a few weeks out from release, but whatever. How do you think Yelena will fit into the movie? She's probably gonna have just a small role that teases Doomsday in some way. That would be my guess.
  2. Keanu has teased his new sci-fi film Shiver, directed by Tim Miller. It's like Groundhog Day with sharks: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/keanu-reeves-teases-his-wild-return-to-sci-fi-sharks-time-travel/ Is this on anyone's watchlist? Sounds like it could be cool. It's been compared to Edge of Tomorrow, so if it's anything like that, I'll be sold.
  3. I agree the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy really holds up. Even the third one I think is better than its reputation suggests.
  4. Does Better Call Saul count? The fact that it never won an Emmy in anything is wild. You're telling me Rhea Seehorn couldn't have gotten Supporting Actress once?
  5. X-Men cast or Black Panther 3 updates.
  6. I must have blocked this out because I have no memory of this.
  7. Dune 3 vs. The Odyssey is gonna be a bloodbath in the technical categories at the Oscars. Not to mention Project Hail Mary.
  8. I have watched the new Dune 3 trailer as Denis Villeneuve intended... on my 15-inch Macbook screen. What does everyone think of this? It looks just as epic as the first trailer. My most anticipated movie of the fall/winter. Will definitely be seeing this before Doomsday. I sincerely hope my theater shows this before The Odyssey. I never saw the first Dune 3 teaser in the theater, sadly.
  9. The budget for this was $200-250 million? How? How is this more expensive than Project Hail Mary?
  10. Not surprised by the reactions. It never really looked all that good. And yeah I think the animated series is playing a role with the box office projections. This isn't like Lilo and Stitch where it's been 20+ years since the original and there's nostalgia to capitalize on. I'm not gonna see it. If I want to watch Moana, I have Disney+ lol. Got my ticket for The Invite this weekend instead.
  11. I think this would be fun. I think it would be even funnier if it wasn't Holland's Spidey. Pair Deadpool up with Andrew Garfield and have him break the fourth wall by criticizing the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Or have it be Deadpool and Tobey and Deadpool is sad because he's working with an older Spider-Man when he wanted to be Holland's sidekick. Andrew never got a third movie, so it would be nice to see him get the spotlight again. No Way Home was great, but he deserves a starring role again. He was always a great Spidey. His movies were... not lol.
  12. All I ask is for Bale's Vincent Hanna to have a moment like this. It'll be an automatic 5 stars from me
  13. Yeah. The fact that neither version tested all that well was the most concerning thing. I guess there won't be a #ReleaseTheGillespieCut movement. Thinking about it some more, this situation was sort of a double edged sword. If they released Gillespie's cut and the same thing happened, everyone would have been like "Why didn't Gunn step in to fix something?" Agreed on Clayface and Man of Tomorrow. Still excited to see both.
  14. But the final trailer got all those downvotes! Everyone told me Nolan had no idea what he was doing and this movie was doomed. Not surprised in the slightest that reactions are positive. Can't wait to see it next week. I've had my ticket purchased for a while now. Side note: Tom Holland making The Odyssey and then going back to Marvel like "This is how we have to make movies now" will never not be funny to me.
  15. A scene where Deadpool nonchalantly goes "Hey Peter" and Spidey freaks out would be pretty funny.
  16. THR had this expose on Supergirl after it bombed: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/supergirl-had-competing-cuts-from-the-director-dc-are-the-dceus-mistakes-happening-again/ I wasn't surprised to read something like this, but still very disappointed - especially after Gunn's made a big deal about how DC Studios is gonna be filmmaker friendly. It isn't the best look that the first thing he doesn't write or direct goes through something like this. I also think Gillespie might have been a bit out of his element with Supergirl. I like some of his movies, but I Tonya and Lars and the Real Girl are very different from a big-budget comic book tentpole.
  17. My PS Store wishlist is still packed with a bunch of games coming out later this year. Don't know where I'm gonna find the time to play everything coming out in that September stretch! Zooming out to 2027 and beyond, can't wait to play God of War Laufey and the next installments in Spider-Man and Horizon franchises. Hope those latter two are cross gen and I won't have to drop $1,000+ on a PS6 to play them lol.
  18. Finally, Leo and Bale have been confirmed to star in Heat 2 and it starts filming later this year. Looks like Adam Driver is going to play the villain too. This is like a dream scenario for me. DiCaprio and Bale have been two of my favorite actors for years. I've always wanted to see them in a movie together. This has to be how people in the '90s felt when De Niro and Pacino joined forces for Heat. Anyone else excited about this?
  19. I saw Two Towers and Return of the King in theaters. Not Fellowship (I didn't get into the series until after Fellowship was out on DVD). I wish I coulda seen that one on the big screen too. The prologue alone would be epic.
  20. I'm in the same boat as you. I really like the original but I'm pretty meh on everything else I've seen. So weird how what started as just a simple comedy movie with SNL stars morphed into this like Star Wars-esque mythology.
  21. Project Hail Mary is my favorite so far.
  22. Empire Strikes Back so I could see everyone's reaction to "I am your father."
  23. I've been thinking a lot about Supergirl and the DCU recently, and while I don't want to overreact to one movie underperforming, I do think there are some interesting discussions to be had. Gunn is basically trying to be DC's Kevin Feige figure (I know Peter Safran is up there with him) while also writing and directing stuff. To me, that seems nuts. Feige is always just a producer at Marvel. He doesn't write and direct on top of that. Producing/running a shared universe and writing/directing a movie seem like such time consuming jobs on their own, part of me is wondering if Gunn is spreading himself too thin and would be better served focusing on just one. Supergirl is the first DCU project Gunn didn't write and/or direct and it's the first real misstep. I don't know if it turns out better if he wasn't also trying to develop Man of Tomorrow while Supergirl was filming. I'd hate to lose Gunn the writer/director, though. Because that's what he does best. But maybe I'm reading too much into this, Lanterns and Clayface are hits and everything's okay.
  24. This. It feels like a Phase 1 MCU movie. It's perfectly fine. It's not the trainwreck some people are making it out to be. It's not a great movie either. It's just fine. If I was reviewing it, I'd probably give it like a 3/5 because there's stuff that works well. Alcock's performance. Krypto. And then there's stuff that doesn't work as well (the villain).
  25. If Man of Tomorrow is a success, I think it'd be smart to keep the momentum going with another Superman movie. If they were gonna go with someone new, my vote would be Wonder Woman. Batman's in a weird spot with the Reeves franchise still going, and I have no idea how general moviegoers would respond to two Batmen at once (I know Gunn thinks it can work, but a lot of people would probably be confused). Wonder Woman is a big enough character that it'd make sense to bring her into the spotlight. After Supergirl, they probably need to re-calibrate a bit and prioritize the big heroes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.