Everything posted by Valdezology
-
Halfway through 2026 - What's the Best New TV Show So far...
Seconded on Widow's Bay, but Pluribus is up there. Shrinking Season 3 was also great
-
Which Superhero Needs Their Own Animated Series That Hasn't Had One Yet?
Power Rangers seems like a perfect franchise for it. But Hasbro (or whoever owns it all now at this point) is allergic to money
-
Spider-Man: Organic webbing vs. mechanical web-shooters
Mechanical because it forces a story to remember that Peter has cartridges. Organic webs feel like a cheating way to write out something that a writer wouldn't want to deal with in a much more packed story. Like the last thing a writer would want to worry about in a fight with venom is whether or not Peter used all his webs yet
- Godzilla on Netflix
-
Should DC Do Another Superman Movie Next, or Spotlight Someone New?
Seeing as Superman 2025 was the first proper Superman movie since Man of Steel, I'm willing to see as many as they want to make. It's a shame that Superman had to also include every other DC character so it didn't feel like just a Superman movie, but curious to see what a proper superman trilogy could look like in the modern day
-
Obsession keep making money... How to you feel about the staff being underpaid?
Hate to say it, but that's kind of the raw deal. It sucks, but also you work on a smaller production then move onto whatever the next one is. But this does reveal how important of a movie working in potential crew bonuses into contracts should be moving forward.
-
What do you want to see from Invincible's future?
I'm curious to see how far it goes. I wonder if it's gonna touch on the major Dinosaurus plot yet, or maybe even the Rex stuff. We'll just have to see.
-
How the Pokemon anime should get The One Piece remake treatment?
I like these ideas! Wouldn't mind a Pokemon remake at all, but wondering if Pokemon Company actually wants to spend resources on that. If they ever bring Ash back, it might just be in like a new movie or full series or something. But a speedier remake would be awesome
-
Stuart Fails to Save the Universe Trailer
Yo the big bang theory spinoffs RULE. Can't lie young sheldon way better than you think, and even George & Mandy has been fun. Can't wait to see this one lol
-
Are you excited for Batman: Caped Crusader Season 2?
Hell yeah baby! Can't wait to binge through it in a day hahaha
-
New Transformers....again
All the starting and stopping isn't helping either. As soon as one doesn't hit they throw it out and try again (like that GI Joe crossover rip). Sad is it to say about the Bay films and how they ended up, at least they committed to a single universe and just kept at it
-
Anyone Looking Forward to Klara and the Sun?
Lol Taika Waititi don't have the juice
-
Supergirl - What did you think!?
Plug that generic stuff into my veins, I had a good time hahaha. I do agree it's not perfect (Lobo basically being unneeded), but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff we've had to sit through in the DCEU. Putting it up against Black Adam and you've got a masterpiece haha
-
Does Supergirl deserve the low opening weekend projections?
It was always going to perform worse for a myriad of unfair reasons, I think it'll be fine as long as DC Studios understood all of this beforehand and didn't expect a batman level box office return that even superman couldn't achieve
-
Which Movie Did You Enjoy More: Supergirl or He-Man?
I liked both quite a bit, but Supergirl wins out for me. It's the much leaner of the two, and I'd rather take a under 2 hour "solid and fun" movie than a 2 plus hour "fun but long" movie
-
What Impact Will Supergirl's Box Office Have on the DCU?
It's interesting to think in terms of box office because ultimately it does feel like WB/Paramount won't want to take a chance on female led superhero films after this, but I also do think it's just teaching the wrong lesson if they change up the plan in the face of a weaker box office. If they take the cowards way out now and just do Batman and Superman (forget WW, it ain't even happening if we're not even getting animated WW stuff announced yet), that's all we're getting from now on. But even that stuff will have weaker returns. I do think it'll mean fewer of the more "experimental" ideas that Gunn wanted to do initially like Authority etc.
-
Supergirl rules, y'all are just mean
You see that Variety review? No way did it even deserve that lashing. It was rad haha
-
Anime Expo 2026 - What do y'all want to see?
Anime Expo starts next weekend, what is something you want to see? I'm excited to see a new look at Black Clover Season 2 and Steel Ball Run, but what do you want to see?
-
What new anime are you excited for this Summer?
New Summer 2026 anime season his this July, and that means a ton of new anime! I'm excited to see Bleach coming back and some other cool stuff, but what do you want to see?
-
Live-Action Magic School Bus, Who is this for?
It's for me you dink
-
TV Shows gotta come out faster
Look I get that shows are more expensive to make, but I'm getting tired of these 2/3 year gaps in between episodes. Like I just finished up Pluribus, and Vince Gilligan recently made a statement that he's in the middle of writing it and hopes to film next year? What? C'mon man, Breaking Bad was like 100 episodes a year and you cant get a move on? This new TV era is giving us great shows but at the cost of waiting so long in between them. Sometimes the wait gets to the point where it sours the show like with Stranger Things hahaha
-
New Crunchyroll anime this Summer!
Crunchyroll revealed their stacked Summer 2026 anime lineup starting this July, but what are you gonna watch first? I'm most looking forward to Saga of Tanya the Evil's big comeback and Black Torch, but there's a bunch of other cool looking shows!
-
Who else got their Spider-Man: Brand New Day tickets already?
Let's gooooo hahaha, day one baby
-
Disclosure Day - What did you think?!
I really did like that it was a movie ass movie, but nothing tangible happened when you really dig into it. So it's best to just think of it on summer blockbuster terms and just enjoy it in the moment
-
Has anyone been watching Spider-Man Noir?
It's a very fun Spider story, and I blasted through it pretty much in a single week. It's just so much fun. Don't think they'll make more, but it gets a great miniseries type of ending.