Everything posted by Valdezology
-
Pitch me your favorite show! (Need a new series to binge)
Yeah without any guidelines to genres or vibes, I'd just recommend Jury Duty on Prime Video. Season 2 just started if you want a light show that you can fit into your daily routine.
-
Do You Want a Project Hail Mary Sequel?
Oh this is definitely as "one and done" of a movie you can get. If there is a sequel, keep it to the books. This movie is good as it's own self-contained, completed story. Nothing about it left me wanting more.
-
Daredevil: Born Again season 2 premiere discussion thread
It's definitely off to a much better start than the first season. I agree that it starts out wonky visually, but it makes up for it later. The first season had that same issue with its own premiere, but there's already so much more interesting stuff to chew on here in this second season. There's a clear vision at play here.
-
What're You Playing This Weekend?
In honor of Kingdom Hearts' 24th anniversary, been playing through Re:Chain of Memories again. Love these games hahah
-
We're getting another new Lord of the Rings Movie!
I'm not experienced with the LOTR movies at all, but this all just seems like more of that squeezing blood from a stone with a story that they're really trying to force back to life. Hard not to see it cynically from the outside of the fandom, but after seeing all of your opinions that seems to be the leading sentiment
-
Favorite one man/woman vs. army movie?
With releases like They Will Kill You, Ready or Not 2, Pretty Lethal, and upcoming stuff like The Furious where one or a small group of people have to fight off an entire army, what's your favorite of this kind of movie? For example, stuff like The Raid: Redemption, Dredd (my personal favorite) and more are on the table!
-
What fictional job would you actually want?
Lol there's always a loophole!
-
Check Out My Nerd Office/Collection (Part 1 lol)
I spend 40 hours a week in this office at minimum so I've turned it into an entire collection shrine over the years. I tweak it pretty much everyday, but gonna show it off little by little over the next couple of weeks so check out the progress!
-
Hardest You've Ever Laughed in the Theater?
That entire final sequence of This is the End is the most I've ever laughed in the theater! What a movie hahaha
-
Best movie so far in 2026
Bone Temple or Hoppers probably get my vote for best of the year so far. But Primate was a really fun time in theaters
-
Favorite new movie/TV show of 2026 so far?
Movies - Hoppers TV - The Pitt Season 2
-
Best movie you've seen more than once?
50 First Dates! I watch it every time it shows up on TV.
-
PROJECT HAIL MARY - What Did You Think?!
I really liked it! I got pretty emotional at the pink lighting scene in particular, but it was a bit long. Didn't realize it was a full on space epic going in, and wish it got through some of the early half a bit quicker, but I still liked it quite a bit. Not a big fan of science fiction at all but I dug it.
-
What is your favorite “so bad it's good” movie?
That's My Boy hahaha, it's utter garbage but it's MYYYYY garbage hahaha
-
Name one movie theater experience you wish you could relive
Saw the first Avengers movie at 3 in the morning and had pancakes after. Great day.
-
What fictional item would you want in real life?
I've always wanted the giant penny in the bat cave
-
What fictional job would you actually want?
I would sell disaster insurance to businesses in Marvel's New York lol
-
What fictional world would you actually want to live in?
Living in a world of superheroes seems like it'd be annoying because you likely wouldn't be lucky enough to get a cool power (or any), but I gotta take that chance hahaha
-
Best Winter 2026 Anime?
We're in the final weeks of the Winter 2026 season, so what's the best anime of the slate? I'm leaning towards Frieren Season 2, but Jujutsu Kaisen Season 3 has been fun.
-
A Sequel So Unnecessary the First Movie Is Worse?
Ready or Not 2: Here I Come is the latest example of a sequel that was absolutely not needed and almost ruins how perfect that first one is. What's a sequel that is so unneeded that it makes the first one look worse?
-
Ted Season 2 is better than Season 1
if you haven't been watching Ted, now is the time to get on it. Don't think there's going to be a third season, but these two seasons prove why we all fell in love with Seth MacFarlane's work in the first place
-
Hoppers kicks off new era for Pixar
Caught Hoppers yesterday and it rules. It's got an emotional core, but that's not the entire focus of it. It's not like the other Pixar movies weighed down by all sorts of that societal stuff, and it just has a lot of fun shenanigans. Hope it kicks off a more breezier era for their originals. Just have fun with these things.
-
What was the first fandom you really got into?
If It's geek definition of fandom, probably Yu-Gi-Oh. That was the first thing where I really went all in and like made websites and stuff. That kind of dedicated you'd only have time for in school hahaha
-
Thoughts on Lanterns Trailer?
I think they're holding back all the green on purpose because we've already seen what the GL powers look like in the DC Studios world. I'm sure once we get it here in the final episode it's gonna be nice. Might be wack and not a fun space faring adventure, but that's clearly not what this is.
-
What's your favorite movie trailer?
seconded this haha, this trailer still rocks