Everything posted by Ben Kendrick
-
If you had an influence over a movie executive ?
The Rocketeer 100% needs a relaunch. I'd release the Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad - and Batwoman. I have a morbid curiosity on those two. But if we're talking a NEW movie, I'd love to see The Amazing Spider-Man 3. I still think Andrew Garfield got shafted by rushed Spiderverse setup.
-
Which Superhero is the WORST Secret Santa?
Oh man, Thor has to be the worst, right? A self-absorbed god who is barely familiar with life and pop culture on Earth. Sounds like a recipe for a terrible secret Santa present. On the contrary, I bet OG adult Groot gives the best gifts.
-
A Defunct 1990s Game Franchise You Want Rebooted for Current Gen Consoles?
There were a ton of fun games in the 90s that never got sequels or threequels. What’s one that you would love to see rebooted for the current gen consoles? Since Killer Instinct was already rebooted, I’m going with Primal Rage. There’s so much you could do with a current gen version of that game. The cancelled sequel was bonkers (and frankly looked like it was headed in the wrong direction). But a PS5/PC/Xbox Series X Primal Rage with modern graphics and cinematics sounds awesome. I’d also love a beat ‘em up sequel to either X-Men Arcade or Captain America and The Avengers. This post isn’t limited to arcade games. Those just happen to be the ones that popped into my head.
-
Podcast question
The CB Nation podcast went off the rails? Can’t believe it! 🤣
-
Favorite Nerdy Holiday Memory?
What’s your favorite nerdy holiday memory? I’ve got a ton but… my favorite is probably Christmas morning when I was 6 or 7. My parents bought me the GI Joe Defiant Space Shuttle Complex playset and my dad spent the whole morning putting it together with me - and carefully putting on the (100 or so) stickers it came with. I’m an only child and my parents divorced the next year, so that might be the most “wholesome” family Christmas memory I had.
-
Giveaway: What nerdy thing are you hoping to get for Christmas?
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, what nerdy thing is on your Christmas list? Even if it’s totally not going to happen. We're going to give away one gift card and buy one item off one forum user's wishlist! All you have to do to enter is reply with what nerdy present you're hoping to get this holiday season. Hail Mary picks are welcome but also make sure to include something realistic. We'll pick two winners at the end of the week. - I’ll go first: that Star Wars Death Star LEGO set might be a Hail Mary ask for me. But a more realistic one: been thinking about snagging one of the Hallmark “Let the Wookie Win” electronic ornaments for the tree.
-
Stranger Things Season 5 Volume 1 - What Did You Think?
SPOILERS (Obviously)! What did you think of the premiere? And did Netflix actually work for you?
-
What do you think your favorite superhero brings to Thanksgiving dinner?
Superman/Clark Kent brings Martha's Smallville Kansas homemade apple pie - which is boring but Superman has never been the most creative guy.
-
what was THAT classic SNES or n64 game 🎮 you had to have for Christmas?? (and played nonstop the entire break)
Oh man, I played the ever-living crap out of TMNT Arcade on SNES after I got it for Christmas. Not SNES but I also have distinct memories of playing a ton of this weird-ass Jurassic Park point-and-click game for Sega CD on Christmas Day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqf492umSm8
-
What's a Thanksgiving Movie?
Interesting question. I do tend to think that there's a distinction between holiday movie and a "Christmas"/"Thanksgiving" movie. A holiday movie is more a vibe set this time of year, the other two would be tied to the specific holiday. Planes, Trains and Automobiles is obviously the most well-known - but I can't say I'd watch that every year either (even though it is fun). Agree with Kofi though - probably the best 10 minutes of Thanksgiving programming ever.
-
Announcement: ComicBook.com Reader Response Launch! (Friendly) Debate a CB Writer!
Hello CB Community, We're starting a new opportunity to connect with our team for some of our most-dedicated members. Once a week, we'll give one ACTIVE member of the community an opportunity to highlight one post on the site or one hot-take from the forum that they want to debate with the corresponding member of our team. These are intended to be fun opportunities for you to take something we've written and share your own perspective on it - and our writer will respond in-kind. We do our best to avoid divisive content on the site, so we ask that you limit any suggestions for the reader response to fun topics that everyone will enjoy debating. The Reader Response initiative is limited to contributors who are holding either: The Collaborator Badge (10 posts in the forum) The Dedicated Badge (Check-in everyday for 1 week) This is just one of many perks for our active community members - including exclusive giveaways, the ability to nominate a local comic shop for our ComicBook Shop Talk series, limited edition badges, and more. To participate, make sure you've got one of the previously mentioned badges (or post a few more times to get that Collaborator Badge), then reply below to this thread with an article from the site or forum post (must be from a member of our staff) that you'd like to highlight for debate.
-
Congrats to Our Weekly Giveaway Winner for Week 5: ComicBob
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate! We've run all the entries into the giveaway and ComicBob is our week 5 winner! In addition to the $40 gift card, we'll also be profiling each of our winners - so that we can all get to know eachother a bit better, share recommendations, etc! If you'd like to participate in this week's giveaway, you can review the rules here. Our next winner will be announced next Tuesday! Without further ado, here's all about ComicBob! What first got you into geek culture? In the 70’s, modifying tiny army soldiers to look like super hero’s, including painting them. If you had to pick ONE franchise to rep forever: Marvel’s Spider-Man, I’ve always felt the story’s were more realistic and had more in common with real people. What you are totally into right now: For some reason, Marvel two in one and Mark Spector Moon Knight series. Not necessarily a movie, but the Moon Knight series on Disney. Something you love that doesn’t get enough hype: I think some of the collectibles like metal figs and fig pins and actually art the art of drawing. I don’t think there get enough hype. A character who would 100% be your friend in real life: Spider-Man! Your most unforgettable geek moment: Going to my first CON, it was awesome!
-
Action Comics #1 Just Broke Another Record - What's YOUR Most Valuable Comic?
Action Comics #1 just broke its own record - this time with a near-mint (9.0) grade and a $9 million auction price. https://comicbook.com/comics/news/86-years-after-its-release-a-rare-superman-comic-just-became-the-most-expensive-ever-by-a-huge-margin/ Anyone ask Nicolas Cage if he's attended any auctions lately? Got me thinking: what's the most valuable comic (or collectible) in your collection? Mine is a 9.0 Spider-Man #300 (First Full Appearance of Venom)
-
IT: Welcome to Derry Finally Brings Back Pennywise
His absence has been felt for sure. I’m still surprised they didn’t at least frame the series with him in that opening episode. Makes sense if he wasn’t signed or something. I understand the show is “Derry” not “IT” but… if you’re going to use him in the promos, etc, still very weird that it took so long to see him.
-
The problem with Jon Kent, Superman, Jr.
I’ve always really enjoyed adolescent superhero stories - so I’ll be curious to see what they do here. It’s why I moved Smallville as much as I did - especially the early years, because (even though everyone looked 25) Clark had so much vulnerability and humility. Seeing him go from a lovestruck high schooler with intrusive heat vision - into a hero and mentor to others - was satisfying in a way that we never get from established heroes. Teen/Origin stories can be pretty meh, but when done right and over a decent amount of time, definitely can reflect different things about us that fully baked heroes can’t.
-
Anyone going to MEGACON 2026 in Orlando
We’re in-talks to be hosting some panels at Megacon actually! So a couple of us might be there at least.
-
As a THANK YOU to our members, we're starting a WEEKLY GIVEAWAY With cash prizes! Here's how to participate!
I bookmarked it as an app on my Home Screen and that helps me participate more often!
-
Who Are The Superheroes That First Got You Into Comics?
Was on a similar trajectory: Superman - then Batman - then Spider-Man - the Spawn.
-
Forgotten 360 gems... The. Witcher 2
Witcher 2 was, as you mentioned, rough around the edge but I still dug it. Unpopular opinion but Dance Central was the most fun I had with my 360. Great party game.
-
After The Running Man, What Stephen King Reboot Should Be Next?
Jesus. Mia Goth would be great in that role. I do want to see a modern Cujo. That movie scared the crap out of me as a kid.
-
Cheating
It's a bummer when games stop actively supporting/enforcing anti-cheat on online modes. Definitely accelerates an otherwise slow death. But so many studios are working with limited resources and focus them on what's new/monetizable over legacy support.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Vault Edition
Only appears on desktop I think, Haha!
-
[GIVEAWAY] Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 Vault Edition
Should be in your inbox here on the forum - not your email.
-
Sadie Sink's MCU Character
And the mainline problem with the MCU lately is the issue of overstuffing characters into movies/TV shows for the sake of "shared universe." But... it does make complete sense its here - especially if Maguire is coming back too.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus - Tanuki Kabuki
Am I eligible to win? If so, I'm going with: