Everything posted by Ben Kendrick
-
Ghost in the Shell
I used to love the original. Agree that the movie was a misfire for a variety of reasons. I wonder if it's better suited to a modern CGI animation project - more so than another live-action attempt.
-
Are we really ever getting Shang-Chi 2?
I'd love to see Shang-Chi 2. The first one totally surprised me in terms of its scale, I'd love to see what they'd do a second time around.
-
Binge vs Weekly Episodes
I'm still a major fan of weekly drops - because I love the speculation and watercooler talk. I understand I'm in the minority these days but I don't really like that for a lot of shows, there's so much less (or next-to-no) discussion these days.
-
Star Trek Sets and Props
It's a bummer these didn't last longer. In particular, I thought Strange New Worlds was one of the better Trek offerings in a while.
-
Good shows on Apple?
Silo and For All Mankind are two of my favorite shows of all-time. It's interesting that Apple TV isn't more known for the breadth of the offering. It really is good - even if some of it isn't for me.
-
Anyone planning to play the new Wolverine game?
Oh man, X-Men: Origins the game was easily the best thing to come out of that movie - I guess setting Reynolds on a path to make Deadpool is maybe the best part - but still, that game is great. I'm a big Insomniac fan, so I'll definitely be playing. I'm glad they're bringing the gore from that game. Might be one of the more realistic depictions of how much blood would be spilled if a bunch of people went and fought Logan.
-
Which Toy Story Movie Is Your Favorite?
I'm in the minority of people that like 2 less than 1. I'm not really sure why, but I just loved the original so much.
-
How do we feel about the "hockey romance" entertainment trend?
As a former resident of Canada, I can say I'm here for it. Might be the most fun I've actually had watching hockey.
-
Hot take
I like Hugh Jackman a lot in the role - and it's been fun to see him side-by-side with Reynolds - but I do agree the emotional impact of Logan was undermined there (even if it's a different Wolverine).
-
Has anyone been watching Spider-Man Noir?
I am desperate to get started on it. I've been interested but have been stuck on a bunch of other shows (For All Mankind and The Boroughs, especially).
-
Symbiotes
I love Carnage as well. I was the perfect age for Maximum Carnage and all the comic stories at that time.
-
[Giveaway] Fully Posable 14in LEGO Spider-Man Set!
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! This time courtesy of LEGO! This week we’ve got the recently announced 14 inch fully posable Spider-Man figure set - for one lucky forum user. To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Spider-Man actor. This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE Prizes include: LEGO Spider-Man Posable Figure Set #76346 The contest through Wednesday, June 24th and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! Check out images of the set below. NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
Spider-Man: Brand New Day Trailer #2 Audio Leak - Is it Real?
Uh-oh, the audio of the Spider-Man: Brand New Day trailer #2 may have just leaked online. You can check it out here: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/spider-man-brand-new-day-trailer-2-audio-may-have-just-leaked-online-but-is-it-real/ Some fans are calling B.S. though. What do you think? Is it real? What's most interesting, assuming it is real?
-
[GIVEAWAY]: LEGO Harry Potter: Hagrid & Harry Motorcycle Ride Kit
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! This time courtesy of LEGO! This time we've got the Hagrid and Harry Potter in their iconic motorcycle ride scene - in LEGO form - for one lucky forum user. To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Hagrid or Harry quote! This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE Prizes include: LEGO Harry Potter’s Hagrid & Harry Motorcycle Ride Set #76443 The contest through Monday, June 15th and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! Check out images of the set below. NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra is playable! But has it missed its chance?
We just got an update on the development of Marvel 1943: Rise of Hydra - which made it clear the game is still coming but is a ways off (2027 at the earliest). https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/marvel-1943-rise-of-hydra-release-date-update-is-good-bad-news-for-fans/ But has the game missed its window? We still don't know much about it - and Marvel's Spider-Man/the upcoming Marvel's Wolverine have set such a high bar.
-
What the hell is happening in this Man of Tomorrow scene after new footage of Lex Luthor is revealed?
Shooting on the Superman sequel Man of Tomorrow continues in Atlanta, Georgia - and this time we've got footage of Lex Luthor flying in his power armor. Check out the new footage: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/new-look-at-lex-luthor-in-man-of-tomorrow-shows-iconic-armor-in-action-hes-fighting-superman/ So what do you think, does the scene depict a Lex Luthor V Superman fight? Or are fans putting the pieces together in the wrong order and we're seeing them pair team up to fight Brainiac?
-
Who should the Ninja Turtles collab with next?
TMNT + Doctor Who. Make it happen. I'd buy every comic, every figure. Just do it.
-
Which Marvel villains do you think the MCU wasted?
I second MODOK. The design, the portrayal, and the twist around his identity are just terrible. Especially given that Corey Stoll is great in nearly everything.
-
Which MCU villain do you want to return the most?
Yeah, Scarlet Witch (villain, antihero, hero in need of a redemption arc) is top of mind for me. She's due for something that truly serves her - especially after WandaVision setup something much better for her than Multiverse of Madness. Yon-Rogg is still alive too, right? Would be fun to have him back solely because Jude Law was great. The High Evolutionary is up there too for me. If we're talking multiverse, I'd love for Thanos to come back in a very different iteration - I wouldn't want the What If "good guy" but a version where he had to reluctantly work with other MCU characters would be interesting, mostly because he was such a well-defined villain by the end (that some might even consider "right").
-
Mando and Grogu Box Office - What Happened?
It'll be interesting to see if it has any staying power. I think MOTU might KO it, given that early buzz on that one is it's fun - and something new. The Mandalorian had a couple great seasons but it was the least popular it's ever been after the last season - so the idea that fans were going to turn up in droves for that story was a major miscalculation for Disney. Especially considering the final film (which I enjoyed enough) centers around a stoic guy that barely speaks, a babbling sidekick, and a giant space slug gladiator. The movie really did just seem like a longer episode of the TV show - and, again, I don't think most viewers care about many of the Disney+ live-action Star Wars shows anymore.
-
What are your unpopular MCU opinions?
In general, while it worked for a long time, I actually think the emphasis on Tony Stark/Iron Man throughout the MCU ultimately distracted from other stories that could have been better. RDJ is great but I actually think the focus on him is why so many of the post-Endgame movies didn't connect with audiences. Which is why I'm very worried about RDJ returning for Doomsday. I don't think it's the flex Marvel thinks it will be.
-
[GIVEAWAY]: Darth Vader LEGO Bust (& Mini-Figure) - The Force is Strong With This Giveaway
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! This time courtesy of LEGO! This time we've got the Dark Lord himself, Darth Vader in LEGO form for one lucky forum user. To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Darth Vader quote! This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE Prizes include: Darth Vader LEGO Star Wars Bust #75439 The contest through Wednesday, June 10th and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! Check out images of the set below. NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
[GIVEAWAY]: Win a FREE Pokémon LEGO Set! "Eevee, I Choose You!"
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! This time courtesy of LEGO! In honor of LEGO's recent Pokémon set releases, we're giving away an Eevee set (valued at $59.99) to one lucky forum user. To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us which Pokémon is your favorite! This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE Prizes include: Eevee Lego set #72151 The contest through Monday, June 1st and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! While you're here, want to win your very OWN Infinity Gauntlet (and some awesome forum flair)? Join the hunt for the Infinity Stones - HERE! Check out images of the set below. NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
Infinity Gauntlet Quest Line Stone Solutions & Catch-Up Mechanic - You Can Still Win A Real Infinity Gauntlet
Sure thing! Yeah, I don't want anything to prevent people from earning the stones if they want to do the quest.
-
Infinity Gauntlet Quest Line Stone Solutions & Catch-Up Mechanic - You Can Still Win A Real Infinity Gauntlet
Yeah, I think I have to manually award that one. I'll take a look.