Everything posted by Ben Kendrick
-
What should Marvel do after X-Men '97?
This would be great. Then they could team-up with the X-Men and Fantastic Four - and fight Doctor Doom! Oh, wait. (I actually do think an Avengers series would be cool though).
-
Remember when half the internet said the mcu was dead after the Incredible Hulk underperformed in june 2008 and the dark knight made a billion a month later
Agreed on this. Spider-Man is literally the most popular and beloved superhero character around the globe (and I say that as Superman main). I tend to think Brand New Day is THE superhero movie casual filmgoers were waiting to see and the hype/word of mouth has kept it burning. I actually think Spider-Man might be setting the bar too high for Doomsday. Even though there's a lot of hype among fans, I've yet to talk to a casual filmgoer who is hyped for Doomsday or really understands what all is happening there. A lot of them were burned by the Multiverse stuff and the overly CGI backdrops make it look like Multiverse of Madness all over again. I acknowledge that could change closer to release but I think we need to really see Doomsday and Man of Tomorrow take-off to say that fatigue is waning. Clayface too but that seems more like a horror movie set in DC than a true "comic book" movie from a casual viewer perspective.
-
Marvel and Star Wars Future on Disney+
I think this weird Epcot show is the exact kind of thing they're going to do with it - test NEW IPs - rather than launching a massive ride-based movie, they can do a series and see where it goes. I think they ARE, however, going to be much more cautious about burning out their major IPs (Star Wars, Marvel, etc) with shows.
-
The Court of Owls in Batman Part 2, how do you feel about it?
Agreed on this. If anyone can do it, its Reeves. But agree that the shadowy puppet masters controlling all of Gotham was never really my favorite thing. I like Gotham and the Rogues because they reflect different forms of extremism (chaos, absolute order, etc) and the Court kind of wraps that all under an umbrella that, in some cases, really undermines the individuals (depending on the storyline).
-
Me Thinks
Is this in regard to a specific article or in general? I probably agree with your point though!
-
Which Comic Are You Most Excited to Read Every Month?
I've really been loving Absolute but I'm REALLY excited for the upcoming Midnight Universe. Those covers have been WILD and I live the idea of "Black Label" like world with Marvel characters.
-
Spidey vs villains
Oh man, Carnage was always one of my favorites because he put Spidey in positions where civilians were actively in danger (it was the whole point), which made it hard for Peter to take him down because there was so much room for collateral death.
-
Xmen will suck
I wasn’t a huge fan of the First Class movies, so I do worry a bit about this as well. I’m assuming they’re more like early twenties, etc but they’re definitely doing it because they want a long runway for these actors to appear in movies for 20 years.
-
The Venom Verse is better than half the mcu
This is a hot take! I do like the Venom movies a lot. I’m still wishing they’ll be able to bring Hardy’s Venom into the MCU at least for one movie. I didn’t love Kraven but I’ll admit I’d rather rewatch it than a lot of the multiverse movies.
-
LEGEND OF ZELDA MOVIE - CASTING
Yeah, sounds like he did. But we don't know who he's playing.
-
LEGEND OF ZELDA MOVIE - CASTING
The Ganon casting is solid. He was great in Young Rock. Excited to see what he does with this.
-
Remember when half the internet said the mcu was dead after the Incredible Hulk underperformed in june 2008 and the dark knight made a billion a month later
I am curious what this means for Doomsday - because everyone is pointing to this as proof that will do well. But the multiversal team-up stuff hasn't really connected post-Endgame. It's hard not to think Doomsday could underperform (though still make a lot of money) if people expect it to do Brand New Day numbers.
-
[ENDED]: Spider-Man: Brand New Day Prize Pack (Round 2) - Free Tickets, Statue, Shirt, & Comic!
UPDATE 08/10: The winner has been notified via their forum inbox. - Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! Our last Spider-Man giveaway was so successful, we're doing it again! We're hyping the upcoming release of Spider-Man: Brand New Day with a multi-prize pack worth over $100! Here are all the prizes in the pack: Spider-Man: Brand New Day Movie Tickets (2) Spider-Man: Brand New Day Spider-Man 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure Spider-Man: Brand New Day T-Shirt Spider-Man: Brand New Day Comic Book To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Spidey villain. This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE The contest runs through Monday, August 10th and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
Which Superman Costume Is Your Favorite?
I actually like the New 52 costume a lot but Kingdom Come might be my absolute favorite. Alex Ross is just amazing.
-
Why Does Mr. Terrific Wear "Fair Play" on His Jacket?
My understanding was that it was his personal motto - and had to do with how to apply his powers and act as a superhero in the world.
-
ComicBook.com Fan Fuel SDCC Party in Nashville - Free Event
Next time!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Hey Emanuel, what kind of comics do you like? We can point you in the right direction I'm sure.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome! Anyone who is an a-hole about lore is probably wrong about it anyway. There's way too much to know everything about every character. LOL
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Oh man, this is awesome. Nice work!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Best of luck! And welcome webhead!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome! And...
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Definitely share your favorite graphic novels! The Brand New Day storyline is actually a really good one - and now's the perfect time to check it out. I'm a huge fan of the time period when David Michelinie and Todd McFarlane were on Spider-Man in the late 80s (Amazing Spider-Man #290-388) roughly. Venom was introduced during that time and there were a lot of Sinister Six stories.
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome! Nerds have to stick together!
-
Welcome to the ComicBook Forum: Come Say Hello!
Welcome Will! Who's your favorite Marvel character?
-
Is Tom Holland getting the black suit in the MCU?
It feels like they're definitely heading that way - one way or another. But I'm not sure how the dots connect yet. Since the mutation seems to be an inherent thing to him not an external thing (like a symbiote) that's causing it. The best surprise of the movie would be if he's got the black suit throughout the thing and they've just made it blue and red in the trailers (kidding, kind of).