Everything posted by Ben Kendrick
-
which mortal kombat fatality is the most brutal?
The D'Vorah fatalities in MK11 were especially gnarly. I still love the classic spine rip though.
-
what are the best movie trailers? but not necessarily the best movies 🎥
Oh man, Suicide Squad had us so hyped. @MKdad will disagree but I actually still think this is dope. The original Alien (1979) trailer is also great. Independence Day's first teaser was awesome. Cloverfield Teaser as well (it played ahead of Transformers)
-
What Do You Want To See Most In Lanterns Season 2?
The serious but still buddy-cop format just seems like the perfect opportunity to add Jessica Cruz.
-
Which Board Games Have the Most Replayability?
Well, if you ask my five year-old it's Mousetrap - because we're in a phase where that's replayable every night.
-
Do You Think Analog Horror's New "Popularity" Will Hurt it?
I really hope not. I love those movies and love that good ideas and quality acting got us to this point with them. But... Hollywood is for sure going to milk it dry and put out a lot of crap too.
-
Avengers is coming...what are your thoughts?
After Thanos being such a layered villain by the end, I'm very curious to see if they can do the same with Doom - especially considering he's got the same face as the most famous character in the MCU.
-
my favorite gaming LOFI tunes while i work - if you have good ones, drop them here 🎶
I have been a follower of this guy for a bit who does Lo-Fi retro games. This Earthworm Jim (yes really) one is my favorite:
-
ComicBook.com Fan Fuel SDCC Party in Nashville - Free Event
Hello CB Forum! If you're in Nashville, we're hosting a local meet-up to kick-off our team's coverage of San Diego Comic-Con. ComicBook Nation Podcast hosts Janell Wheeler and Kofi Outlaw will be in attendance to meet fans, give away prizes, and celebrate the year's biggest pop culture event! The event will be held from July 22nd from 3pm - 7pm at Hubba Hubba Tiki Tonk (922 Main Street, Nashville, TN 37206) Fan Fuel is a FREE Nashville meetup and you can expect the following there! Record questions for your favorite celebs that we'll share during our interviews at SDCC Participate in giveaways worth over $1,000 in prizes Local cosplayers in attendance for photos ops Signature tiki cocktails Flash tattoo station Adults only (21+) Cosplay encouraged Tickets are available - HERE And you can see full details of the event on the site - HERE Hope to see you all there!
-
Favorite Sam Neill Movie That Isn't Jurassic Park
I liked him a lot in Peaky Blinders. That was a fun thing to see him pop up in - even if he's a total POS.
-
[Giveaway]: Spider-Man: Brand New Day Prize Pack - Free Tickets, Statue, Shirt, & Comic!
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! This time we're hyping the upcoming release of Spider-Man: Brand New Day with a multi-prize pack worth over $100! Here are all the prizes in the pack: Spider-Man: Brand New Day Movie Tickets (2) Spider-Man: Brand New Day Spider-Man 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure Spider-Man: Brand New Day T-Shirt Spider-Man: Brand New Day Comic Book To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Spidey one-liner. This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE The contest runs through Friday, July 24th and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
[GIVEAWAY] $100 Spider-Man: Brand New Day McFarlane Toys 1/6 Scale Spidey & Hulk Statue Pack
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway! This time courtesy of McFarlane Toys! This week we’re giving away a two statue set from Spider-Man: Brand New Day - one Spidey and one Hulk. To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Spider-Man movie, TV show, comic, or game (so far). This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE Prizes include: Spider-Man: Brand New Day Spider-Man 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure Spider-Man: Brand New Day Hulk 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure The contest through Wednesday, July 8th and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! Check out the yet-to-be officially released figures below. NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
[GIVEAWAY] Vintage Batman '89 Figure & Batmobile Replica from Spin Master
Hello CB Forum, We've got another giveaway, this time courtesy of Spin Master! This week we've got a vintage 1989 Batmobile and Batman figure replica - for all those former-Toy Biz kids out there. To Enter: reply to this thread - and tell us your favorite Batman '89 scene. This is MANDATORY to be entered into the contest. Additional entries can be earned by clicking the Gleam link below: multiple entries can be earned by following us on socials and engaging with other forum users! But make sure to reply to this post still. EARN ADDITIONAL ENTRIES HERE Prizes include: Spin Master DC Comics Batman ‘89 Batmobile & 4-Inch Batman Action Figure Set The contest through Wednesday, July 1st and winners will be sent a direct message here on the CB forum. So keep an eye on your forum inbox! Check out images of the set below. NOTE: Due to the size of the set, we're limiting this one to residents of North America.
-
I'm Once Again Asking... What Are You Playing This Weekend?
I'm back on the Destiny 2 grind after the latest update but I'll be hopping back into 007 as well.
-
Fake E3 Didn't Deliever
It was a little lackluster this year. I dug some of the announcements and am excited for some of the games but SGF just hasn't filled the hole that E3 left in my heart.
-
What Do You Hope To See From The Xbox Revamp?
Pretty brutal changes on the horizon (and rolling out as we speak) but I do like that they're getting back to exclusives and trying to service their fanbase. Diverging from that in the first place was just bizarre.
-
Showcase Week Is Over, So... What Are You Most Excited For?
Wolverine is my top pick but I'm going to play the hell out of God of War.
-
True or False: Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best video game ever.
Middle school me definitely thought this, 100%. I still actually really enjoy playing the original MK (I have a MK Arcade 1UP) but it's hard to say it's better than Super Mario 64, for me.
-
What do you most want to see from the DCU's future (and do you want another Justice League yet)?
I do want a Justice League but I hope they build up to it this time - not try to rush it. It might be hard to do full reboots on all these characters (can they really do a new Aquaman this soon, for example) but I'd at least like to see solo Batman and Wonder Woman movies before we try to do a full team-up.
-
Avengers: Doomsday Might Genuinely Have Multiple Dooms... Are you Excited?
Yeah, count me in the "no variants, please" camp. The variants are part of the problem with the latest phases. Undermines the stakes of any one character's arc. And it's super gimmicky. Only place it worked for me was Loki.
-
Are you excited for the Dead by Daylight movie?
I heard people complaining about this because the game is so basic in terms of its mechanics but doesn't it actually have pretty deep lore? I'll be curious to see how they differentiate it from a regular horror movie but I'm open to being surprised.
-
Infinity Gauntlet Quest Line Stone Solutions & Catch-Up Mechanic - You Can Still Win A Real Infinity Gauntlet
Awarded! Congrats guys.
-
Insomniac Spider-Man 2
Yeah, I'm not sure why people would hate on it - it's basically better in every way (on top of an already good foundation).
-
Shrek 5 First Trailer
Visuals look great but I've never been a huge fan of the Shrek series. I'm sure I'll see this one and hope it reinvigorates my interest but wasn't really excited for this to come back.
-
LOTR CASTING
This is easily the most exciting thing about this movie to me so far.
-
SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY - BEST THEORIES
I'd be very interested to see them kill Peter at the end - with a black suit resurrection. But it's a little weird if they do that - given that we're headed into Secret Wars (where he literally gets the suit in the comics).