Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marco Vito Oddo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo

  1. I guess that Nicolas Cage didn't want a second season. Season 1 is self-contained, and Cage doesn't like to repeat characters. He did a dream project and moved on. Why wouldn't he? It's not like he's lacking money or that there's nothing else on his plate. I loved the show, but I'm fine with it ending. Things having an end is so rare these days that I'm glad it did, and did well.
  2. I'm not too excited for Doomsday because of that. I feel it can become a cameo fest with very little story to hold it together.
  3. I agree, but I would also add that John holds on too long before talking and acting, which causes a different set of problems. I absolutely love these two working together and being flawed for opposite reasons. I'm not sure there's more than one manhunter though, just because we're halfway into the season and we know that we'll learn the origins of Guy's ring, have a flashback episode about Hal, and solve Hal's murder in 2026. There's a lot of ground to cover, so we need to be wrapping up the 2016 plot soon.
  4. Looks like a RE movie to me. We didn't know who Jill was in the first game. Or Leon in the second. Or Ethan in the sixth.... Ethan is perfect as an example. It's a RE character, but apart from a credits scene, is only connected to the mythology, not the classic heroes. Two people tried to make a game adaptation in the literal sense and failed. Let him try something new.
  5. I think he didn't include himself because his plan also needed him to destroy the stones. So, while I think he wouldn't have an ethical problem with including himself, he probably left himself out of the pool to clean up the mess.
  6. I agree that historically DC made better animated movies (although the era after the DCAU had some misses too). But I don't think those translate one-on-one to live action without everything becoming prohibitively expensive. Animation lets you shoot every angle for the same cost, and action scenes can be more or less destructive and chaotic depending on the needs of the scene. Take Superman, for example: it has incredible flying shots no one had done before, and they literally had to develop new rig technology to achieve them. That makes a live-action movie expensive. I would say we need the people who do animation well to do more animation!
  7. Miller's run is a good starting point. From there, you can read it in chronological order. Daredevil might be the most consistently written character in both Marvel and DC, and it's rare to find truly bad issues. If Miller is too far back for you, you can start with the Guardian Devil storyline, from 1998. That would be the latest entry point I'd recommend, but to be fair, I haven't been keeping up with Marvel for the past decade or so.
  8. I'm still on the fence about Other Mommy. It can go either way, from what I see. I'm excited about Clayface, to be honest, and hoping they will really hit the body horror of the premise. Whalefall could be interesting if the execution is good. The two at the top of my list are Werwulf and Resident Evil. Love both directors, so I'm excited for those.
  9. Marco Vito Oddo replied to solid_viper's topic in Movies
    If we include animation, the first Spider-Verse and Raimi's Spider-Man 2 still win. But Brand New Day is phenomenal for sure!
  10. This. Also, Endgame was massive, and the box office still deflated afterward. Sure, pandemics played a major role in that, but I guess until Marvel Studios has a string of commercial successes, we won't know for sure if they're really back.
  11. While powers are on the air, I would love it if the tone took some notes from Agents of SHIELD. They did a wonderful job showing the terror of criminals being hunted down by an unstoppable force, only to combust after the Penance Stare. The Ghost Rider arc of the series is great!
  12. Marco Vito Oddo replied to Gp Gwapo's topic in Gaming
    I only played the first Spider-Man, but while the story is great, I found the gameplay loop a bit repetitive… and once you start going for side quests and collectibles, things get old fast. I hope Wolverine will be better, even though I won't play it for a while.
  13. I was hoping they would pull from Hickman, but the post-credit scene of Brand New Day makes me wonder. It implies Spidey is in "space" while his friends are on Earth. So does that mean the multiverse didn't collapse? Is Battleworld going to be a planet like in the original event? I have no idea.
  14. You should! The show is amazing! The police officer from Gotham is the only one free of suspicion to me, as she's a friend of John's in 2026, which means she survived and they have a bond; she can't just be replaced at the end. My money is her husband. Leading an alien-killing squad would be the best way to avoid attention while also making sure your enemies will die. I'm more curious about who the benefactor is. Could it be the Guardians? Are they protecting the Manhunters because they feel responsible?
  15. I think most of the OG X-Men will die. Charles and Magneto will sacrifice themselves; some others will die in combat. I see a max of 2/3 X-Men joining the fray for Secret Wars, maybe only Gambit. On the Avengers' side, Bucky is likely dying. Sam and Yelena do everything he does now. Red Guardian is also sacrificing himself to save Yelena. I really hope I'm wrong, but I guess Loki is dying too.
  16. I would honestly be ok with Snyder making the second Justice League movie he wanted, without studio intervention, IF it could run parallel to the current universe. I don't want the Snyder style to take over, and while Supergirl was a mess, as @Ben Kendrick said so politely, we already got Peacemaker and Lanterns that I'm crazy about, and Superman and Creature Commandos that I really like. So we are going in a great direction.
  17. The scary excuse is so weird. Raimi did a Doctor Strange movie where Captain Britain is cut in half with a shield without losing the PG-13, It's all a matter of how you use it. I would have loved to see the Man-Spider. Maybe in the future. Now we know that MC Peter can power up with stress, and I'm sure his life won't get any easier.
  18. And that's not just Marvel... A couple of years ago, I hyped my girlfriend up to watch the Burton-era Batman movies. They are not great. Visually amazing, but weak stories, weird dialogue, and overall incredibly overrated. My innocence was lost that day.
  19. I really like Sega's library, but I already get a lot of retro games on the Nintendo Switch Online, and I don't see them making a budget console + new exclusives at the same time. New games that compete in the current market demand solid hardware.
  20. I will never argue with you that Doomsday is better than Dune 3.... But this industry doesn't always reward good movies, and it tends to favor big and flashy movies with big and flashy marketing... So...
  21. Yeah, the MCU might get a lot of things wrong, but its casting is top-notch!
  22. I think it's too late to move, but Dune should have moved. Doomsday is way bigger than I anticipated, and unless someone does a major dumb dumb in the next couple of months, it will only grow,
  23. Sebastian Stan casually said he's playing Two-Face in an interview. Honestly, that's anticlimactic. I was hoping he would be someone unexpected and that Harvey Dent wouldn't be a major part of the plot. But there's no way they hired Stan for a small part. I don't know. Batman has one of the best rogues' galleries in comic books, maybe even the best. Why can't we have something else beyond the usual suspects?
  24. I would LOVE a Howard the Duck movie. However, I don't think they'll take any bold swings for a while. Heck, Ghost Rider is their bold swing. The Multiversal Saga had a lot of different characters, and it didn't work (I personally liked most of it, but box office and streaming data weren't the best). I guess that they'll try to get Shang-Chi 2 off the ground with a new director and push Spider-Man 5 as soon as possible. They also need something else in space. Guardians are temporarily retired because no one wants to follow up on Gunn, and Captain Marvel didn't work that well. Maybe Nova.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.