Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo
-
Which Board Games Have the Most Replayability?
Dixit and The Mind are fun for trying to get into each other's minds. Even if Dixit is competitive, it's still a fun group experience. @skyewalker already mentioned Codenames, which is great. Skyjo is another one you should keep in mind (although it's capped at four players). Red 7 and Codex are also capped at 4 players, but they are great for short matches that are still strategic. Do you know Turing Machine? Absolutely amazing codebreaking game that can be cooperative or competitive. It's pure logic-based, but I highly recommend trying it to see if it's your jam.
-
Is Tom Holland getting the black suit in the MCU?
The trailer already showed black eyes, he's getting organic web, the symbiote fragment was badly resolved in the MCU.... and now Tom Holland teased a major change in the status quo by the end of Brand New Day. Oh, and he's definitely in Secret Wars if he's skipping Doomsday. What do you think?
-
Which mutant do you think Inde Navarrette could potentially play in the X-Men?
Why not both?
-
What's your favorite minor character in The Bear?
I finally found the time to finish The Bear this weekend, and absolutely loved the finale! I've been thinking a lot about the show and how one of the things it does best is highlight minor characters. There are dozens of cameos and guest stars, and they all feel layered, which is amazing! I put my favorite ones on this list. What's yours?
-
Which mutant do you think Inde Navarrette could potentially play in the X-Men?
So, there's some circumstantial evidence for Inde Navarrette, Obsession's star, joining the MCU. She could play a mutant even. What would be your choice if you could decide on her role? I think she would do a great Kitty Pryde!
-
Which Board Games Have the Most Replayability?
I think European board games have a higher replay value because they are, on average, shorter and easier to pick up. What do you like in a game? More luck or more strategy? And do you prefer cooperation or competition? Finally, do you want something to play with a specific number of people?
-
Is James Gunn Spreading Himself Too Thin at DC?
I think Gunn definitely needs to be more present for other projects, but I don't think he needs to stop doing his own thing. For Supergirl, the movie was developed over two years, while Gunn was wrapping Superman, Creature Commandos, Peacemaker, and starting Man of Tomorrow... That's an insane output. I think it's best to stick only to the Superman movies for now. I guess that also comes from Gunn's creative philosophy. He wants to trust creatives and let people do their thing. It didn't work this time around, unfortunately.
-
Who do you want to play Miles Morales in the MCU?
And someone young, please. Movies take a long time to make, and it would be nice to have a teenage Miles for a couple of projects.
-
Should DC Do Another Superman Movie Next, or Spotlight Someone New?
I will always believe that, if someone has a good idea for a movie, that movie should be made. If the idea doesn't exist, don't make the movie. Gunn has 4 Superman movies planned. Great, let him do it! Someone cracked Wonder Woman? Let's do that too, at the same time! Now, "we need to make Batman tomorrow" is the wrong approach for storytelling and has little chance of working.
-
Obsession keep making money... How to you feel about the staff being underpaid?
Yeah, that's my issue. Sure, the people who took the financial risk will get their piece of the cake. But must they get the whole cake? It's a weird system that doesn't incentivize workers to care, actually.
-
Supergirl rules, y'all are just mean
Honestly, now that I've seen it, it's okay. It's not great, and the editor (and the director who enabled the editor) should be dragged in public while people throw tomatoes at them. But the Krypton scenes are good and Milly Alcock RULES! It reminds me of the hit-and-miss era of the early MCU. Kinda like Thor, actually, that has some major issues, but it's saved by a great cast.
-
Spider-Man: Organic webbing vs. mechanical web-shooters
This! I've been advocating for this for years! Organbiz because he's a spider.... Mechanic on top of organic for better aim, flow, and even add some nice perks like making it electric or whatever. It seems so obvious, like the best of both worlds, and I don't understand why this isn't a thing. It allows Peter to be a scientific genius while still leaning into the spider powers.
-
Sony Will Stop Printing Physical Games for PlayStation
It's always weird to think piracy is doing more for games preservation (and movies, and comics) than the actual company that makes games... Going all digital is the wrong move and makes me even less likely to care about the next PlayStation.
-
Can Supergirl Help Build a Sustainable DC Universe?
I agree. I think superheroes are not an automatic success, so they need to: A) Ensure the quality is pristine (which wasn't the case with Supergirl) B) Budgets are waaaay lower than they are I've been saying Clayface is the real DCU test, and after Supergirl, I'm doubling down on that.
-
Obsession keep making money... How to you feel about the staff being underpaid?
Obsession came out of its 7th weekend by overtaking The Exorcist in the domestic box office. That's massive! Still, every time I see news of the movie's box office, I keep thinking about how little the cast and crew earned. 750K for the entire budget also means 750K to split among everyone who worked on the movie. It's pennies for Hollywood standards, and pales in comparison to what the people who got the rights of distribution will receive. Jason Blum alone is reportedly getting 17 MILLION. It feels quite unfair. What do you think?
-
Which Superhero Needs Their Own Animated Series That Hasn't Had One Yet?
Wonder Woman. It's baffling she never got one. Although I would kill for a Hellboy/BPRD series.
-
Supergirl rules, y'all are just mean
I'm going to watch the movie today (the official release in France is Wednesday, but I got tickets for an early screening). I can't form an opinion yet, but the way people are talking about the movie, one would think that Madame Web and Morbius had an ugly child... It's weird
-
Can Supergirl Help Build a Sustainable DC Universe?
I actually think Clayface will be the thermometer. If that movie doesn't make a massive profit, even though it costs so little, the future of DC in theaters is no longer assured. If it becomes a hit, well, then we can justify the current strategy of focusing more on individual-ish projects than a clear roadmap.
-
Re-watched FALLEN (1998) on Netflix - Needs a SEQUEL!!!
I love Fallen! It's one of the best takes on possession in the history of cinema, and it's a crime that more people haven't seen this!
-
STAR WARS MOVIES
Yep, one more for Starfighter. I didn't dislike Mandalorian & Grogu. It's a nice, harmless adventure. But time and money are limited resources, and I would NEVER recommend people watch it in theaters.
-
Binge vs Weekly Episodes
Weekly for me! There's always too much to watch (and read, and play), so I often feel like I miss the moment with full drops. I still haven't finished Spider-Noire, and by the time I do, the internet will already have moved on from it. I don't like the pressure of having to watch everything as fast as possible, and I like it more when I have the chance to watch things in a more leisurely way.
-
Would you rather see The Mandalorian & Grogu 2, The Mandalorian Season 4, or neither?
I wish that Lucasfilm thought a little less about what they "have" to do for franchise reasons and allowed creators to tackle passion projects. The Star Wars canvas is so vast that it feels a waste that the discussion is always about continuity and connectivity. I need more Andor in my life. So, if someone has a great idea for Mando that fits a movie, great! If it's a great TV idea, awesome! But I don't need this to continue for the sake of continuing.
-
I can't believe Stargate's been cancelled!
That was fast too... I feel that we only recently learned about the revival.
-
The return of Savage (and Grey?) Hulk in Spider-Man: Brand New Day
I agree with you... At the same time, what else can they do at this point? Keep using the Hulk as support for other heroes' stories? If the rights issue is not solved, they still can make a TV show for the Hulk. Heck, I would even take an animated movie if that would mean actually using the character.
-
Which Marvel villains do you think the MCU wasted?
Yeah, the MCU has been quite bad with villains. There are a few good ones, but most of them are awful or just unmemorable...