Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ComicBook Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marco Vito Oddo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Marco Vito Oddo

  1. In the case of Ghost Rider, the comics are so inconsistent that I think I'll be fine, however they decide to approach it.
  2. Haven't played Ragnarok yet. So far, God of War 2 is my favorite. The main issue I had with the first one was the lack of bosses, and the second solves that. God of War 3 is great too, but I feel it's not as balanced and tries to add too much spectacle at the cost of smooth gameplay. As for 2018, great game, but the open-world format is actually bothersome to me. There's a lot of wandering for rewards that are often underwhelming, and the world is not alive. So it feels a bit like a chore at times.
  3. Overall, I'm happy with the casting. I don't know the Storm actress, but Adam Driver and Samara Weaving are perfect mtached to their roles. Everyone else seems good too, although Inde Navarette could do something weirder, like Mystique, quite well.
  4. In Justice League, Batman holds Ace's hand and stays with her in her final moments, after telling everyone he would kill her. That episode always gets me.
  5. Yes, please! Would love to see what Insomniac Games does with it.
  6. I agree, but the excuse for the age has to be good too (Secret Wars would do fine). The longer time passes, the harder it is to adapt Magneto and still respect his origins. He would have to be at least 90 years old in the MCU, and then we have the question: why hasn't he done anything for mutantkind yet? We could use other events by drastically changing Magneto's origins. A Black Magneto could have lived through Uganda's ethic cleansing, or maybe Magneto is Palestinian and saw people getting slaughtered in the name of Israel's senseless colonial expansion. There has been the ethnic cleansing of Armenians, the Rwandan Civil War.... Actually, I think there are some options for Magneto. Also, looking at all that, Magneto is right, humanity is trash.
  7. Marco Vito Oddo replied to John R's topic in Gaming
    I'm also buying more digital nowadays, but I want physical to keep existing. It's better for game preservation; it allows people to buy and sell through second-hand markets; and it's more accessible for people who just want to plug in and play.
  8. I think they really need to drop the mandatory PG-13 for this to work well. Let creatives fully embrace horror, and we'll have something special. Otherwise, it can just be classic superhero stories with a spooky skin, which is a waste. I really hope Clayface makes a shitton of money.
  9. I agree, but Doomsday might still have more pressure, imo. It HAS to make 1.5 billion at the very least, especially after Brand New Day. Plus, it's a course correction for the entire MCU, according to Feige. The beginning of a new era... Gunn is being smart to treat each project as a project, as it softens the blow of a failure.
  10. I still don't understand why they didn't go the animation route. The monster, the action, all that would look so much better with crisp animation (think Castlevania, for instance). From a storytelling perspective, I'm also worried about how they would deal with temples and collectibles, which are 100% of the time essential for any Zelda story, but work badly in a feature film context, as they are inherently episodic. I'm keeping my mind open to the possibility that this will be good. But I do have serious questions that will only be answered after some footage is available.
  11. This... People are not going to theaters to watch a superhero movie, which is the main appeal of most of these movies. They are going to watch Spidey.
  12. I would prefer another project that's NOT connected to X-Men 97. We already have the MCU, and I don't need another expanding universe to follow. That said, the animation and storytelling philosophy could be applied to a different corner of the Marvel world. Maybe something galactic, like a proper adaptation of the Annihilation sagas.
  13. It would also be interesting to put Steve's "We don't trade lives" motto to the test when it's his infant child who's in danger
  14. I feel they might move from series to special presentations, which are easier, quicker, cheaper, and still allow them to mine important IP. That said, it's a bummer. The MCU had a few brilliant TV shows that deserved more love. Star Wars was mostly misses, though. Like, not Book of Boba Fett level of miss, but except for Andor and Mandalorian Season 1, everything felt... bland?
  15. I like the Court of Owls as a reflection of the moral pits greed leads people into. I think in the past year the concept of the Court of Owls has become even more relevant (hence why the Absolute universe is all anti-billionaire). That said, looking at the comics, I feel I like them more as a concept, because they were not well executed (and it only got worse when they went international).
  16. Chris Evans has talked about how Steve will undergo a brutal arc that tests him physically and morally. We know he's retired and has a child. We know children are relevant to the story somehow. I think Doom will take Steve's child and use it to blackmail the Captain. I can even see the moment Steve loses control of Mjolnir. What do you think?
  17. Well, folks, new clues keep pointing to the Court of Owls as the movie's villain. How are we feeling about it? Honestly, I think they fit Reeves' universe like a glove. The first movie was about systemic inequality and how the wealthy and powerful keep their comfort at the expense of others, so the Court of Owls can be great.
  18. Perfect casting. No notes! The X-Men casting is turning out quite well, to be honest.
  19. Ghost Rider has always been a character that's more style than substance. They look cool, but it's rare that someone writes them a great story. I just hope the movie will manage to do that
  20. This right here. We have a movie with a bunch of characters that had little to no exposition in the past three years, and a massive cast of characters who don't know each other in-universe.
  21. This is also my guess. He has to handle the new Spider-Man trilogy
  22. When Marvel Studios cast Robert Downey Jr. as Doom, people were reasonably concerned the MCU would turn the villain into an evil Iron Man. Now some fans are worried the opposite is happening, and they will retcon Tony as a variant of Victor. How do you feel about it? I'm up for anything if the story is told well, but I feel like Marvel could just NOT address the fact they look the same, keep Doom in mask, and that's it.
  23. The thing that bothers me the most is "brand synergy." Marvel does that a lot. Changing comic book characters in senseless ways just to echo the MCU.
  24. Yes! The Odyssey has some amazing horror moments, like the Cyclops sequence and even Circe. A full-blown horror by Nolan would rock!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.